|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
2. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It is a traditional object of good luck.
(b) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
(c) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(d) It hides money in its silk.
3. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Wear a pair of shoes.
(c) Play with the doll.
(d) Play with the maypole.
4. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
(a) Cooked wrapped in seaweed.
(b) Fried in oil.
(d) Cooked in a stew.
5. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
3. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
4. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
5. Who is Champlain?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)