|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Watching over the children.
(b) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(c) Keeping flies from the food.
(d) Cooking the wildfowl.
2. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(a) China cups.
(b) Silk material for a dress.
(d) A bracelet.
3. What is a reel?
(a) A type of party game.
(b) A type of dance.
(c) A type of musical instrument.
(d) A type of song.
4. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
5. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
(b) It is a traditional object of good luck.
(c) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(d) It hides money in its silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
3. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
5. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)