|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(c) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(d) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
2. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in a window.
(b) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(c) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(d) She sees her reflection in the water.
3. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
(a) Turnips, radishes, and potatoes.
(b) Carrots, corn, and peas.
(c) Tomatoes, dried meat, and rice.
(d) Turnips, cornmeal, and dried fish.
4. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(d) Dried fruit.
5. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to drink freely.
(b) Their ability to do as they please.
(c) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
(d) Their ability to ignore the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
4. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
5. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)