|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to look for eggs.
(b) She wants to milk the cow.
(c) She wants to look for blueberries.
(d) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
2. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
(b) Abby Welles had a fever.
(c) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(d) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
3. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
(b) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(c) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(d) Corn, rice, and radishes.
4. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
(b) Windows need glass.
(c) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(d) Bedrooms are to be added later.
5. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
2. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
3. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
4. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
5. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)