|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A peice of junk.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A peace offering.
(d) A Christmas gift.
2. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
(b) The twins.
3. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
(a) In Marblehead.
(b) On Sunday Island.
(c) On an acre of land Mr. Welles has given him.
(d) On a hundred acres of land on Sargent's Point that Joel has given him.
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(d) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To preface the story.
(b) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
(c) To show off her poetic side.
(d) To build tension in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
2. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
3. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
5. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)