|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(b) Isle au Haut.
(c) Sunday Island.
(d) Mount Desert.
2. Who are the Morses?
(a) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(b) Marguerite's family.
(c) The local magistrate.
(d) Cousins to the Jordans.
3. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(b) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(c) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(d) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
4. What is a jog?
(a) A type of shoes.
(b) A type of exercise.
(c) A type of dance.
(d) A type of dress.
5. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing his tail.
(b) He is barking his afraid bark.
(c) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(d) He is sniffing at the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
2. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
4. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
5. What is a bound-out girl?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)