|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her rosary.
(b) Reaches for her belongings.
(c) Reaches for the children.
(d) Reaches for her money.
2. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
(a) He send the children back to Marblehead.
(b) He return to Marblehead.
(c) He leave the women on Sunday Island.
(d) He not return to the point.
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Minding the children.
(b) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
(c) Cooking the wildfowl.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
4. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
5. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(a) Good wool.
(c) Special thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
4. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
5. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)