|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(b) Spun cotton.
2. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
3. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
4. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To look for a farm of his own.
(b) To ensure payment.
(c) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(d) To help build the house.
5. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
2. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
4. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
5. What is a trough?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)