|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) Reciting the rosary despite her lack of beads.
(b) Reciting old prayers from the Bible.
2. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
(b) Timothy and Abby Welles.
(c) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(d) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
3. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
4. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
5. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
(a) The twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Seth Jordan?
2. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
3. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
4. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)