|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(b) Bedrooms are to be added later.
(c) Windows need glass.
(d) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
2. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A Christmas gift.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A peice of junk.
(d) A peace offering.
3. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A St. Jude medal.
(d) A Bible.
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Stanley men.
(b) The Morse men.
(c) The Sargent men.
(d) The Jordan men.
5. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
(b) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(c) It causes the fire to go out.
(d) It causes the animals to flee the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
2. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
3. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
5. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)