|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Cotton underclothing.
3. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
4. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(b) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
(c) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
(d) Pigs playing in slop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
2. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
3. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)