|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
(a) On Sunday Island.
(b) On an acre of land Mr. Welles has given him.
(c) On a hundred acres of land on Sargent's Point that Joel has given him.
(d) In Marblehead.
2. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is too light.
(b) The ship is heavily loaded.
(c) There are too many storms in the area.
(d) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
3. What favorite memory of Christmas with the Sisters at the convent does Marguerite have?
(a) Exchaning presents.
(b) Watching the Christmas pageant.
(c) Singing Christmas carols.
(d) Feeding the poor.
4. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
5. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
(d) Abby Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
2. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
5. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)