|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
(a) Living so close to a known Indian burial ground.
(b) Allowing Aunt Hepsa to sew a cut on Jacob's head.
(c) Moving into the new house after blood was spilled in the doorway.
(d) Ignoring the advice of neighbors.
2. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A peace offering.
(b) A peice of junk.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A Christmas gift.
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He was murdered by theives.
(b) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(c) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(d) He died at sea.
4. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
(a) Peel the outer covering from dried corn.
(b) Make creamed corn from the ears of corn.
(c) Shred the corn kernels from the cob.
(d) Pick the ears of corn.
5. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
(a) February 27.
(b) March 1.
(c) December 31.
(d) January 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
2. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
3. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
4. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
5. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)