|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
(a) For allowing the dog to attack it.
(b) For leaving the butter in the stream.
(c) For allowing the children to follow the dog.
(d) For scaring it away.
2. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(b) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(c) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(d) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
3. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A rubber glove.
(b) Cleaned pig intestines.
(c) A wooden cup.
(d) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
4. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(b) Special thread.
(d) Good wool.
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He was murdered by theives.
(b) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(c) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(d) He died at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
2. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
3. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
4. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)