|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
(b) Pigs playing in slop.
(c) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
(d) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
2. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
(b) Aunt Hespa.
3. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(d) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
4. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A shoe repair shop.
(b) A dance studio.
(c) A violin repair shop.
(d) A music store.
5. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) She refused to accept the child's death.
(b) She had a cold.
(c) The Sargents would not allow it.
(d) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
2. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
3. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
4. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
5. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)