|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
(a) He leave the women on Sunday Island.
(b) He return to Marblehead.
(c) He not return to the point.
(d) He send the children back to Marblehead.
2. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
3. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
4. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) Windows need glass.
(b) Bedrooms are to be added later.
(c) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
(d) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
5. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Cooking the wildfowl.
(b) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(c) Watching over the children.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
2. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
3. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
4. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
5. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)