|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
2. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) Two pence.
(b) Two pounds sterling.
(c) A shilling.
(d) A pound sterling.
3. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A child's shoe buckle.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A woman's necklace.
(d) A woman's petticoat.
4. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
5. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
2. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
3. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)