|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
(a) A record player.
(b) Maple syrup.
(c) A new violin.
(d) New strings for his violin.
2. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Boat across the channel.
(b) Walk across the frozen channel.
(c) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
(d) Swim across the channel.
3. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is sniffing at the ground.
(b) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(c) He is barking his afraid bark.
(d) He is chasing his tail.
4. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
5. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(b) China cups.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) Silk material for a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
2. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. What is a bound-out girl?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)