|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
2. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(c) Building furniture.
(d) Telling stories of their childhoods.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Ira Sargent.
4. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A peice of junk.
(b) A birthday gift.
(c) A Christmas gift.
(d) A peace offering.
5. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
2. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
4. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
5. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)