|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To preface the story.
(b) To show off her poetic side.
(c) To build tension in the story.
(d) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
2. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
(a) Moving into the new house after blood was spilled in the doorway.
(b) Living so close to a known Indian burial ground.
(c) Allowing Aunt Hepsa to sew a cut on Jacob's head.
(d) Ignoring the advice of neighbors.
3. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
(a) The barn.
(b) The loft where Seth and Ethan sleep.
(c) The kitchen floor.
(d) Aunt Hespa's room.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Peres Gris.
(b) Les Bon Dieu.
(c) Les Gris Hombre.
(d) Les Peres Neo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
2. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
4. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
5. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)