|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Watching over the children.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
3. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(b) A French term for homeland.
(c) A French term for cemetery.
(d) An Indian term for holy land.
4. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A wooden cup.
(b) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(c) Cleaned pig intestines.
(d) A rubber glove.
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
2. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
4. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
5. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)