|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To show off her poetic side.
(b) To build tension in the story.
(c) To preface the story.
(d) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Heavy seas.
(b) A French invasion.
(c) Indian raids.
(d) Bad storms.
3. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
4. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(c) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(d) The Indians have drawn on it.
5. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
(b) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(c) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(d) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
2. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
5. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)