|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) Blue yarn in their hair.
(b) New shoes.
(c) New dresses.
(d) Green ribbons for their hair.
2. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Seth Jordan.
3. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) A French lullaby.
(b) An English lullaby.
(c) An English prayer.
(d) A French prayer.
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(b) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(c) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(d) Enough for everyone.
5. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A St. Jude medal.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
2. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
3. What favorite memory of Christmas with the Sisters at the convent does Marguerite have?
4. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
5. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)