|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(a) Silk material for a dress.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) China cups.
2. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(a) Planting rows of corn.
(b) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(d) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
3. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
(c) Timothy and Abby Welles.
(d) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
4. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) A French prayer.
(b) A French lullaby.
(c) An English prayer.
(d) An English lullaby.
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) Pigs playing in slop.
(b) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(c) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
(d) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
3. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
4. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)