|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) They often live with the French.
(d) They come from French Canada.
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(c) Dried fruit.
3. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Bon Dieu.
(b) Les Gris Hombre.
(c) Les Peres Neo.
(d) Les Peres Gris.
4. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
5. What is a jog?
(a) A type of dance.
(b) A type of shoes.
(c) A type of exercise.
(d) A type of dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
2. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
3. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
4. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
5. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)