|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
(a) On an acre of land Mr. Welles has given him.
(b) On a hundred acres of land on Sargent's Point that Joel has given him.
(c) On Sunday Island.
(d) In Marblehead.
2. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to look for blueberries.
(b) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
(c) She wants to milk the cow.
(d) She wants to look for eggs.
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
4. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(d) There have been many fires inside the cave.
5. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A long, narrow container.
(c) A bag filled with cornmeal.
(d) A place where animals eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Sargents have?
2. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
3. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
4. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)