|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(b) A new dress.
(d) Cotton underclothing.
2. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She falls below deck during the storm.
(b) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(c) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(d) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
3. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(b) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(c) Enough for everyone.
(d) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(b) Sprigged calico.
(d) Spun cotton.
5. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Sargents have?
2. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
3. How does Aunt Hespa get across the channel to help treat Debby's burns?
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)