|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
2. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
3. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(b) Dried fruit.
4. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(b) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
(c) It hides money in its silk.
(d) It is a traditional object of good luck.
5. Who are the Morses?
(a) Marguerite's family.
(b) Cousins to the Jordans.
(c) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(d) The local magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
2. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
3. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
4. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
5. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)