|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A dance studio.
(b) A violin repair shop.
(c) A music store.
(d) A shoe repair shop.
2. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
(a) The special cakes she baked.
(b) The shopping trips.
(c) The cookies she baked.
(d) The gifts she often gave.
3. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
4. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French explorer.
(b) A French painter.
(c) A French priest.
(d) A French aristocrat.
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(b) Sprigged calico.
(d) Spun cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
2. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
3. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
4. How many children do the Stanleys have?
5. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)