|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(b) Building furniture.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Telling stories of their childhoods.
2. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
(a) The cookies she baked.
(b) The gifts she often gave.
(c) The special cakes she baked.
(d) The shopping trips.
3. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(b) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(c) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(d) Enough for everyone.
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(b) Sunday Island.
(d) Mount Desert.
5. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A holland jumper.
(b) A cotton dress.
(c) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
(d) A silk christening dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
2. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
3. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
4. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
5. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)