|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
2. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their hind legs together.
(b) Rubbing their front legs together.
(c) Rubbing their tails together.
(d) Rubbing their antenna together.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Ira Sargent.
4. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
(a) He leave the women on Sunday Island.
(b) He return to Marblehead.
(c) He not return to the point.
(d) He send the children back to Marblehead.
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(b) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
2. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
5. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)