|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Gris Hombre.
(b) Les Peres Gris.
(c) Les Peres Neo.
(d) Les Bon Dieu.
2. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from being forced from their land.
(b) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(c) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(d) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
3. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
(b) The twins.
4. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
5. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(b) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(d) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
2. What is a skiff?
3. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
4. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)