|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(d) Poor Farm.
2. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(b) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(c) She sees her reflection in a window.
(d) She sees her reflection in the water.
3. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
(a) The twins for pushing the child close to the fire.
(b) Marguerite for not watching the child closer.
(c) Joel for brining them there and herself for not teaching the child to fear fire.
(d) Ira for putting too many logs on the fire.
4. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Molasses cakes.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Hasty pudding.
(d) Fried chicken.
5. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Bon Dieu.
(b) Les Gris Hombre.
(c) Les Peres Neo.
(d) Les Peres Gris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
2. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
3. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
4. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
5. Who is Jerusha?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)