|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Sheep laurel petals.
(b) Bayberry leaves.
(d) Mullein leaves.
2. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(b) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
3. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
4. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A Christmas gift.
(b) A peace offering.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A peice of junk.
5. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(b) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(c) A girl who travels with families in need.
(d) A girl who runs errands for a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
2. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
3. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
4. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
5. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)