|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
3. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
4. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Sunday Island.
(b) Isle au Haut.
(d) Mount Desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
2. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
3. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
4. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
5. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)