|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) They come from French Canada.
(c) They often live with the French.
(d) One saved a French explorer.
2. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(b) It hides money in its silk.
(c) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
(d) It is a traditional object of good luck.
3. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
(b) Their ability to ignore the children.
(c) Their ability to drink freely.
(d) Their ability to do as they please.
4. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
(a) Shred the corn kernels from the cob.
(b) Pick the ears of corn.
(c) Make creamed corn from the ears of corn.
(d) Peel the outer covering from dried corn.
5. What is a skiff?
(a) A laundry tool.
(b) A large sailboat.
(c) A small boat.
(d) A surf board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
2. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
4. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
5. Who are the Morses?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)