|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(b) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
(c) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(d) To keep from being forced from their land.
2. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
(a) Maple syrup.
(b) A new violin.
(c) New strings for his violin.
(d) A record player.
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(b) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(c) She falls below deck during the storm.
(d) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
5. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(d) Marguerite's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
2. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
3. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
4. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
5. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)