|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger cub.
2. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
(b) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(c) It is a traditional object of good luck.
(d) It hides money in its silk.
3. What is a dory?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tool.
(c) A small boat.
(d) A large ship.
4. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) A French term for cemetery.
(b) An Indian term for holy land.
(c) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(d) A French term for homeland.
5. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
(b) Marguerite Ledoux.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
3. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
5. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)