|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(c) Spun cotton.
(d) Sprigged calico.
2. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) A pound sterling.
(b) A shilling.
(c) Two pence.
(d) Two pounds sterling.
3. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Bayberry leaves.
(c) Sheep laurel petals.
(d) Mullein leaves.
4. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A holland jumper.
(b) A cotton dress.
(c) A silk christening dress.
(d) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
2. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
3. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
4. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
5. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)