|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Potato digging.
(b) Drying fish.
(c) Corn grinding.
(d) Scraping animal hides.
2. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
(b) She refused to accept the child's death.
(c) She had a cold.
(d) The Sargents would not allow it.
3. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Telling stories of their childhoods.
(b) Building furniture.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Whittling spoons out of wood.
5. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(b) Sheep laurel petals.
(c) Mullein leaves.
(d) Bayberry leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
2. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
3. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
4. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
5. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)