|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for the children.
(b) Reaches for her money.
(c) Reaches for her rosary.
(d) Reaches for her belongings.
2. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(b) Abby Welles had a fever.
(c) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(d) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
3. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(b) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(d) Abby and Hannah Welles.
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
5. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Eliza Stanley.
(b) Hannah Welles.
(c) Mary Jane Morse.
(d) Abby Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
2. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
3. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
5. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)