|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
(a) For leaving the butter in the stream.
(b) For scaring it away.
(c) For allowing the children to follow the dog.
(d) For allowing the dog to attack it.
2. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Molasses cakes.
(b) Hasty pudding.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Potato salad.
4. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing his tail.
(b) He is barking his afraid bark.
(c) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(d) He is sniffing at the ground.
5. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Corn grinding.
(b) Potato digging.
(c) Drying fish.
(d) Scraping animal hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
2. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
3. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
4. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
5. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)