|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
2. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A St. Jude medal.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A rosary.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with color and patterns.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
4. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
5. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(b) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
(c) It causes the animals to flee the area.
(d) It causes the fire to go out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
2. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)