|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He was murdered by theives.
(b) He died at sea.
(c) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(d) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
4. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A sheep.
(b) Dolly's sister.
(c) Joel's mother.
(d) A corncob doll.
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
2. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
3. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
4. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
5. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)