|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia discover about the well?
(a) It's gone dry.
(b) It's collapsed.
(d) It's been contaminated.
2. Why does Bethia feel responsible for her mother's death?
(a) For not praying for her mother enough.
(b) For having drunk out of the gourd.
(c) Because her brother suggets that Bethia did something wrong.
(d) Because she argued with her mother not long before she died.
3. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
(a) At age 15.
(b) At age 10.
(c) At age 12.
(d) At birth.
4. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(b) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(c) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
(d) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
5. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) The housekeeper is ill.
(b) She likes to stay busy.
(c) The housekeeper died.
(d) Atonement for sins against her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
2. Who is Iacoomis?
3. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
4. What love does Bethia describe?
5. What does Noah do the next morning?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)