|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
(a) He has missed being with her.
(b) He does not think he wants to learn about the Christian God.
(c) He is to be the next tribal shaman.
(d) He is sorry her mother died.
2. What is the name of Bethia's community?
(a) Grand Harbor.
(b) Nantucket Harbor.
(c) King's Bay.
(d) Great Harbor.
3. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's father.
(b) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb's uncle.
(d) Caleb's grandfather.
4. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(b) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(c) She can never learn too much.
(d) It's not good for a pretty girl.
5. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(b) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(c) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(d) Because of Caleb's arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
2. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
5. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)