|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) The founding family.
(b) The Wampanoag.
(c) Her family.
(d) The women in the colony.
2. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) Less emotionally.
(c) As a disinterested outsider.
3. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The precher.
(d) Bethia's mother.
4. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(b) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
(c) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(d) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
5. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
(a) Tell her Solace is her responsibility
(c) Reassure Bethia.
(d) Search for Solace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
2. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
3. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
4. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)