|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(b) To the school house.
(c) Back to the Merrys.
(d) Back to be with her mother.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) Relief that the whale gets away.
(c) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(d) As a theft by the whites.
3. Who is Caleb?
(a) Bethia's oldest brother.
(b) A native American young man.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The Mayfield groom.
4. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(b) To launder her outer things.
(c) To help strip the whale carcass.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
5. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She has come to identify with them.
(b) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(c) She has not met one in person.
(d) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
2. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
3. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
4. Who is Iacoomis?
5. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)