|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
(a) Foretell the tragedy that is to come.
(b) Give her a moment to thank God for the day.
(c) Give her time to herself.
(d) Lift her spirits.
2. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) The housekeeper died.
(b) The housekeeper is ill.
(c) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(d) She likes to stay busy.
3. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) The mayor's family.
(c) The school teacher's famly.
(d) Her father.
4. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) No one.
(d) Her father.
5. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(b) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
(c) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(d) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
2. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
3. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
5. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)