|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(c) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(d) There has never been a beached whale before.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking to a male outside the family.
(c) Talking in church.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To help strip the whale carcass.
(d) To launder her outer things.
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) As Elder Mother.
(b) In the Wampanoag language.
(c) As Grandmother.
(d) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
5. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(b) She believes her cousin will get well.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
2. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
3. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)