|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(b) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(c) About marriage to Bethia.
(d) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking in church.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
3. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
(b) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
(c) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
(d) Most of the White men do not swim.
4. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(b) Relief that the whale gets away.
(c) As a theft by the whites.
(d) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
5. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) She likes to stay busy.
(b) The housekeeper died.
(c) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(d) The housekeeper is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
2. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
3. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
5. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)