|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
(b) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(c) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(d) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
2. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
(d) She died with Bethia's mother.
3. Who is Noah Merry?
(a) The brother of Bethia's best friend.
(b) A merchant's son and possible husband for Bethia.
(c) A young, white man who kills a Wampanoag in a dispute.
(d) Another White who thinks the Wampanoag are being mistreated.
4. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) Caleb's father.
(c) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb's uncle.
5. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
(a) She asked a young Wampanoag girl to teach her.
(b) She learned it in school.
(c) She learned it from Iacoomis.
(d) Caleb taught her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
2. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
3. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
4. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
5. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)