|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To receive knighthood from the king.
(b) To raise funds for his work.
(c) To bring back some more colonists.
(d) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
2. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's mother.
(b) Bethia's brother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The precher.
3. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
4. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(b) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(c) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(d) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
5. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) She likes to stay busy.
(b) The housekeeper died.
(c) The housekeeper is ill.
(d) Atonement for sins against her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
2. What is Takemmy?
3. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
4. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
5. Who is Bethia?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)