|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
(a) Her life in Cambridge.
(b) Her life with Caleb.
(c) Her life in Nantucket.
(d) Her life in England.
2. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) She does not say.
(d) Not in her present world.
3. What does Bethia discover about the well?
(a) It's been contaminated.
(c) It's gone dry.
(d) It's collapsed.
4. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) The founding family.
(b) Her family.
(c) The Wampanoag.
(d) The women in the colony.
5. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(d) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Caleb?
2. Who is Tequamuck?
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
5. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)