|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(d) Their gods live everywhere.
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(b) Converting them to Christianity.
(c) Trying to protect their rights.
(d) Teaching them to read and write.
3. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
(a) At a meeting by the governing elders on Monday.
(b) The Sabbath.
(c) On Friday evening.
(d) At a meeting of the parrish on Wednesday evening.
4. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
(b) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
(c) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
(d) To live with the Mayfield family.
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To launder her outer things.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(d) To help strip the whale carcass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
3. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
4. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
5. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)