|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Takemmy?
(a) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(b) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(c) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
(d) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
2. Who is Caleb?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Bethia's oldest brother.
(c) The Mayfield groom.
(d) A native American young man.
3. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Bright eyes.
(b) Storm eyes.
(c) Sweet one.
(d) Pale One.
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) Their gods live everywhere.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
5. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's uncle.
(b) Caleb's father.
(c) Caleb's grandfather.
(d) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
2. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
4. What does Bethia say she often does?
5. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)