|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 - Part 3, Anno 1715, Actatis Suae 70, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The native of the area.
(b) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(c) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(d) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
2. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
(c) Prepares some beans.
3. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
(a) If she loves Noah.
(b) For Bethia to marry him.
(c) If she wants to go back to the island.
(d) If she loves Caleb.
4. What position is it likely Joel will hold at graduation?
(b) Distinguished graduate.
5. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
(a) Watch over her younger sister.
(b) Tell the story of her past.
(c) Plead for the rights of the native population.
(d) Avoid marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Caleb and Joel's first tutor?
2. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
3. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
4. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
5. Who is Tequamuck?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)