|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy write for Isabel?
(a) A short story.
(b) A poem of admiration.
(c) A love letter.
(d) An emotional obituary.
2. What is the reaction to the book he publishes?
3. How does Rosie keep in touch with Blackstable?
(a) Through Mary-Ann.
(b) Through biweekly visits to her mother in Haversham.
(c) Through the curate.
(d) Through Mrs. Ashenben.
4. What does Rosie encourage William to do?
(a) To become more and more daring.
(b) To leave London after his medical training.
(c) To go to dinner and a play with Retford.
(d) To find other women to date.
5. Why does Hillier seems suspicious at the Saturday afternoon parties?
(a) Because Rosie and William exchange secret looks.
(b) No particular reason.
(c) Because Rosie and William laugh at nothing.
(d) Because Rosie and William call each other pet names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
2. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
3. What portrait is there that shows a work of Hillier?
4. What does William look forward to writing?
5. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William re-connect with the Driffields?
2. Describe Isabel's work on Ted's behalf.
3. When William visits her in Yonkers, what does Rosie reveal about her marriage to Ted and a child they had?
4. What does William discover about Ted and his parties and how is this demonstrated by Isabel Trafford?
5. Describe the scene where William is talking to Hillier about painting Rosie.
6. Why does Ted buy the house he buys and what does Amy do despite Ted fighting her about it?
7. What does William think about the House of Lords and how he would assign rank within literature?
8. What is said about Rosie as William, Amy and Roy look at photographs?
9. What does William say about Rosie's affairs and what are Amy and Roy's response?
10. Who are a couple other regulars at the Driffields' parties?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)