|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ted's study smell like?
(a) The pipe he used to smoke.
(b) A musty museum.
(c) The scent of flowers as Amy keeps several bouquets in it.
(d) The cigars he used to smoke.
2. Why does Hillier seems suspicious at the Saturday afternoon parties?
(a) Because Rosie and William exchange secret looks.
(b) Because Rosie and William call each other pet names.
(c) No particular reason.
(d) Because Rosie and William laugh at nothing.
3. Who is Lionel Hillier?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A dramatist.
(c) A poet.
(d) A flamboyant painter.
4. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
(a) With Rosie.
(b) With older and more important guests than William.
(c) With Isabel.
(d) With Kear and Kemp.
5. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
(a) They collaborate on a new book.
(b) They marry.
(c) She ends up suing him.
(d) She ends up introducing him to his next wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isabel respond to Ted's marriage?
2. What does the Bear and Key rent William?
3. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
4. Who does Rosie say is always the perfect gentleman?
5. What is the reaction to the book he publishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Isabel Trafford.
2. Describe the situation that keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks and which infuriates William.
3. Describe Rosie's home and Rose herself.
4. Describe the Driffields's neighborhood and home.
5. Describe the motel in which William takes a room when he comes to share memories about Ted with Roy and Amy .
6. What does William discover about Ted and his parties and how is this demonstrated by Isabel Trafford?
7. Describe Isabel's work on Ted's behalf.
8. How does Ted meet and marry his second wife and what is Isabel Trafford's reaction?
9. Describe how William encounters Rosie in New York?
10. When William visits her in Yonkers, what does Rosie reveal about her marriage to Ted and a child they had?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)