|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kear able to do?
(a) Parley his little talent into a successful writing and speaking career.
(b) Become an adviser to the Duke of Wellington.
(c) Marry the girl everyone else wants to marry in college.
(d) Become a member of the House of Commons.
2. At what age is Ashenden when he first meets Driffield?
3. How does Ted Driffield act the last time William saw him?
(b) The same as always.
(d) As if he does not know William.
4. What occasionally embarrasses William at the Driffield's house?
(a) An allusion to his uncle's strictness.
(b) An allusion to his uncle's sermons.
(c) The looks that pass between Rosie and Ted.
(d) The looks that pass between Rosie and Kemp.
5. What does Ashenden declare about Driffield's novels?
(a) They are mostly ideas from other authors.
(b) They are boring.
(c) They are complex and intriquing.
(d) He does not comment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Vicar announce at dinner?
2. What does Roy wonder about Rosie?
3. What does Amy write to William?
4. What does Lady Hodmarsh call Amy?
5. To whom does The Literary Supplement of the Times compare Ted at his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William express about the concept of beauty?
2. What does William offer out of his memories of Ted and how does Roy respond?
3. Briefly describe William's interaction with Ted and Rosie when he is a youth.
4. What happens when William finds Rosie at tea one evening and then after Rosie walks out the door?
5. Describe Ted Driffield.
6. What does Lady Hodmarsh say about Amy Driffield?
7. What happens when William comes home for Easter Break and what surprising announcement does the Vicar make?
8. What does Ashenden ignore but still wonder about?
9. How does William act for a while around the Driffields after seeing Rosie with Kemp?
10. Describe Roy Kear.
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)