|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William think should be abolished?
(a) Free education.
(b) The House of Commons.
(c) The House of Lords.
2. What renowned poet does Isabel manage?
(b) Jasper Gibbons.
3. Where does Rosie live?
(b) Newport News.
4. What does William notice about Amy?
(a) She is quite pretty.
(b) She is good at getting her own way.
(c) She is submissive to men.
(d) She is a bit churlish.
5. To whom has Roy grown close?
(b) The Traffords.
6. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
7. What does William look forward to writing?
(b) Books and plays.
(c) Nothing; he is tired of writing.
(d) Political essays.
8. What does Rosie say when William says she might be having sex with all of her male friends?
(a) She is not.
(b) She is and William must end their affair.
(c) William must take her as she is.
(d) She says it is none of his business.
9. What does William know that Roy and Amy do not?
(a) Ted had a son from an affair before Rosie who is alive.
(b) Ted had a daughter from an affair before Rosie who is alive.
(c) Both Rosie and Kemp are still alive.
(d) Rosie is still alive.
10. Why is William bitter?
(a) That he has to leave London soon.
(b) That Rosie tells him he must share her.
(c) That Rosie is so gleeful at the sable cape she receives.
(d) That Rosie seems interested in another man.
11. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) Ted would not have been great otherwise.
(b) She was probably diseased.
(c) She drained Ted's ability to write.
(d) She drained Ted's finances.
12. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
(c) Jack Kuyper.
13. How does William remember Rosie?
(a) Alive and passionate.
(b) Only vaguely.
(c) As a madonna figure.
(d) As fresh and innocent.
14. Who is Lionel Hillier?
(a) A dramatist.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A flamboyant painter.
(d) A poet.
15. What does Ted publish?
(a) The Life of Chasing the Grail.
(b) The Cup of Life.
(c) The Cup is Full.
(d) The Life's Cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does William get into doing?
2. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
3. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
4. What did Isabel work tirelessly for after Rosie leaves Ted?
5. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)