|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Hudson?
(a) A friend of Ted and Rosie.
(b) William's first landlady.
(c) The next-door neighbor where Williams lives.
(d) A friend of his aunt and uncle.
2. Who greets William as he walks down High Street?
(a) A former classmate at his prepatory school.
(b) The old curate from Blakestable.
(c) A former classmate in medical studies.
(d) A good friend of Rosie's.
3. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
(a) That women are dying to marry him.
(b) That he does not need Rosie.
(c) That he is the greatest writer of his day.
(d) That she knows what is best for him.
4. How does William once describe Rosie?
(a) Virginal and enchanting.
(b) Maligned unjustly.
(d) Knowledgeable in the ways of the world.
5. In what type of neighborhood do the Driffields reside?
(a) A lower working-class one that is loud and smelly.
(b) One that had once been respectable but has declined.
(c) One that is on the edge of the homes of the peerage.
(d) An upper middle class, neat and well kept one.
6. Why does Rosie rarely attend luncheons and teas?
(a) She is bored with them.
(b) She does not understand the lectures.
(c) She has too many other things to do.
(d) She knows that she is not truly wanted.
7. What does Rosie say will happen in a hundred years?
(a) People will live the way they wish.
(b) People will revere William as a poet.
(c) They will all be dead and none of this will matter.
(d) Women will be as free as men to enjoy sex without censure.
8. To whom has Roy grown close?
(d) The Traffords.
9. What does Ted seem to be doing?
(a) William has no sense about it.
(b) Broadening his horizons.
(c) Getting ready to divorce Rosie.
(d) Getting ready to snatch a piece of fame.
10. What does Rosie encourage William to do?
(a) To find other women to date.
(b) To become more and more daring.
(c) To go to dinner and a play with Retford.
(d) To leave London after his medical training.
11. With what motif is William's old room decorated?
(b) No particular motif.
12. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
(a) Tells him he is silly.
(b) Undresses and makes love with him.
(c) Crys also.
(d) Comforts him like a mother.
13. Where do Roy and William meet?
(a) Victoria Station.
(b) Near Big Ben.
(c) Trafalger Square.
14. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
15. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
2. Who does William meet through the Driffields?
3. What does William know that Roy and Amy do not?
4. Where does Rosie take William?
5. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)