|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quentin Forde most interested in at the Driffields' parties?
(a) Rosie's beauty.
(b) Talking to Ted about plots.
(c) Talking to Jasper Gibbons.
(d) Coming to the attention of Isabel Trafford.
2. What does Rosie do as Ted writes at night?
(a) Goes out with her friends.
3. What does William say about Rosie's heart?
(a) It was weak.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was strong.
(d) It was of gold.
4. What surname does Rosie and George take when they come to America?
5. What does Ted's study smell like?
(a) A musty museum.
(b) The cigars he used to smoke.
(c) The scent of flowers as Amy keeps several bouquets in it.
(d) The pipe he used to smoke.
6. To what do the Driffields invite William?
(a) To share thier box at the horse track.
(b) To their regular Saturday afternoon gatherings.
(c) To some friends's home for tea.
(d) To a book reading.
7. Why does Hillier seems suspicious at the Saturday afternoon parties?
(a) Because Rosie and William call each other pet names.
(b) Because Rosie and William laugh at nothing.
(c) No particular reason.
(d) Because Rosie and William exchange secret looks.
8. What does Ted next write?
(a) By Their Lessons.
(b) By Their Fruits.
(c) Fruits of the Tree.
(d) Fruit of the Vine.
9. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
(b) His first girlfriend with whom he has a son.
(c) No one.
10. Where does Isabel accompany Ted to?
(b) Every party to which he is invited.
(c) New York.
11. What does Rosie do instead of talking a lot?
(b) Includes her companions in "persuasive well-being."
(c) Gets others to talk about themselves.
(d) Reads out loud interesting bits of information.
12. What renowned poet does Isabel manage?
(d) Jasper Gibbons.
13. With what is Ted preoccupied?
(c) Another woman.
(d) Editing and writing.
14. Who does William meet through the Driffields?
(a) Roy Kear.
(b) Lord George.
(c) His future wife.
(d) Creative people.
15. What does Mrs. Hudson laugh at?
(a) William's silly jokes.
(b) The bills Parliament passes these days.
(c) She does not laugh and is a somewhat dour woman.
(d) All the things that she has seen and heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William meet Rosie one day?
2. What does William look forward to writing?
3. What is the landlady's strict policy about fire?
4. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
5. What makes William weak in the knees?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)