|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie say when William says she might be having sex with all of her male friends?
(a) William must take her as she is.
(b) She says it is none of his business.
(c) She is not.
(d) She is and William must end their affair.
2. Where does Rosie live?
(a) Newport News.
3. What does William thinks brings its own hazards?
4. How does William once describe Rosie?
(a) Maligned unjustly.
(b) Virginal and enchanting.
(c) Knowledgeable in the ways of the world.
5. Why does William say Ted would not have taken Rosie back?
(a) Ted would always wonder if she would leave again and it would harm his artitic life.
(b) Ted would be afraid he would not measure up to Kemp.
(c) Ted would feel cuckolded.
(d) Ted's strong feelings had passed.
6. Why is William bitter?
(a) That he has to leave London soon.
(b) That Rosie is so gleeful at the sable cape she receives.
(c) That Rosie tells him he must share her.
(d) That Rosie seems interested in another man.
7. What surprises Rose about Ted's death?
(a) That he doesn't die in Blakestable as he always wanted to do.
(b) That he had remarried.
(c) How much fuss the press makes.
(d) How old he was.
8. What is the landlady's strict policy about fire?
(a) A boarder can have a fire after April if he pays for it.
(b) The place has never had individual fireplaces.
(c) No fires after April.
(d) The rooms stay warm since the heat from the kitchens waft upstairs.
9. What does Ted's study smell like?
(a) A musty museum.
(b) The cigars he used to smoke.
(c) The pipe he used to smoke.
(d) The scent of flowers as Amy keeps several bouquets in it.
10. What portrait is there that shows a work of Hillier?
(a) Hillier's portrait of Ted.
(b) Hillier's of Ted and Rosie together.
(c) Hillier's portrait of Rosie.
(d) Hillier's Ted and Rosie's little girl.
11. Who is Lionel Hillier?
(a) A flamboyant painter.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A poet.
(d) A dramatist.
12. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
(a) Tells him he is silly.
(b) Crys also.
(c) Comforts him like a mother.
(d) Undresses and makes love with him.
13. How does Isabel respond to Ted's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She hates him for it.
(c) She hopes he will now be able to write more.
(d) She is happy for him.
14. What is the Driffield's furniture like?
(a) Simple and elegant.
(b) A lot of mismatched pieces from various eras.
(c) Heavy and outdated.
(d) Shaker like.
15. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
(a) Two Italians.
(b) Two Americans.
(c) A Russian.
(d) Two Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isabel accompany Ted to?
2. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
3. What is Quentin Forde most interested in at the Driffields' parties?
4. What does Ted next write?
5. What does William notice for the first time about Rosie?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)