|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William discover that surprises him?
(a) That Rosie if pregnant.
(b) That Ted and Rosie are not actually married legally.
(c) That Ted is the author of 20 books and on the brink of discovery.
(d) That Roy is the same age as William and has already published several books.
2. What does Rosie do as Ted writes at night?
(d) Goes out with her friends.
3. Why does Rosie rarely attend luncheons and teas?
(a) She has too many other things to do.
(b) She is bored with them.
(c) She knows that she is not truly wanted.
(d) She does not understand the lectures.
4. What does Rosie say will happen in a hundred years?
(a) They will all be dead and none of this will matter.
(b) Women will be as free as men to enjoy sex without censure.
(c) People will revere William as a poet.
(d) People will live the way they wish.
5. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
6. What does Rosie say when William says she might be having sex with all of her male friends?
(a) She is and William must end their affair.
(b) She says it is none of his business.
(c) She is not.
(d) William must take her as she is.
7. What do William and Rosie do for the next year or more?
(a) Write a play together.
(b) Stop in his rooms whenever they go out together.
(c) Sing duets together.
(d) Write poetry together.
8. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
(a) Lord George.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Editor of McMillian Publishing.
(d) Isabel Trafford.
9. What habit does William get into doing?
(a) Walking with Rosie in the neighborhood.
(b) Reading only one hour a night instead of four.
(c) Attending the Driffields' parties.
(d) Writing on his book one hour a day.
10. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
(a) With Kear and Kemp.
(b) With Rosie.
(c) With Isabel.
(d) With older and more important guests than William.
11. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
12. What does William say about Rosie's heart?
(a) It was strong.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was of gold.
(d) It was weak.
13. What does William look forward to writing?
(b) Nothing; he is tired of writing.
(c) Political essays.
(d) Books and plays.
14. What does William do all day while living at Vincent Square?
(b) Work at the hospital.
(d) Lecture to students.
15. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
(a) Tells him he is silly.
(b) Undresses and makes love with him.
(c) Comforts him like a mother.
(d) Crys also.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Ted preoccupied?
2. Who is Mrs. Hudson?
3. What does William think should be abolished?
4. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
5. What surname does Rosie and George take when they come to America?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)