|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is William a medical student?
(a) St. Luke's Hospital in London.
(b) St. Hippocrate's Hospital in London.
(c) He never studies medicine.
(d) St. Joeseh's Hospital in Paris.
2. What does Rosie encourage William to do?
(a) To leave London after his medical training.
(b) To go to dinner and a play with Retford.
(c) To become more and more daring.
(d) To find other women to date.
3. To whom has Roy grown close?
(b) The Traffords.
4. What does William learn from Newton one day?
(a) That Rosie is dead.
(b) That Ted has a mistress.
(c) That Ted is dying.
(d) That Rosie has left Ted for Kemp.
5. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
(a) Two Americans.
(b) Two Germans.
(c) Two Italians.
(d) A Russian.
6. What does Rosie say will happen in a hundred years?
(a) Women will be as free as men to enjoy sex without censure.
(b) They will all be dead and none of this will matter.
(c) People will live the way they wish.
(d) People will revere William as a poet.
7. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
(a) That she knows what is best for him.
(b) That he is the greatest writer of his day.
(c) That women are dying to marry him.
(d) That he does not need Rosie.
8. What does the Bear and Key rent William?
(a) An old Rolls.
(b) A dilapidated Daimler.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) An old Bentley.
9. To William, how does Rosie always remain?
(a) Warm and caring but with a layer of roughness.
(b) Deceitful but fun.
(c) Fun but not too bright.
(d) Unspoiled and artless.
10. What surprises Rose about Ted's death?
(a) That he doesn't die in Blakestable as he always wanted to do.
(b) How much fuss the press makes.
(c) That he had remarried.
(d) How old he was.
11. What does William sense about Ted's affect?
(a) He is becoming surly.
(b) He is unhappy.
(c) He is growing aloof.
(d) He is in love.
12. How does William once describe Rosie?
(b) Maligned unjustly.
(c) Virginal and enchanting.
(d) Knowledgeable in the ways of the world.
13. Where does Rosie take William?
(a) To join a whist game.
(b) To the horse track.
(c) To see Ted.
(d) To meet her daughter.
14. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
(a) With older and more important guests than William.
(b) With Rosie.
(c) With Kear and Kemp.
(d) With Isabel.
15. What renowned poet does Isabel manage?
(a) Jasper Gibbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ted catches pneumonia?
2. Where does Isabel accompany Ted to?
3. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
4. What is the landlady's strict policy about fire?
5. What does Mrs. Hudson laugh at?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)