Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
(a) Comforts him like a mother.
(b) Undresses and makes love with him.
(c) Crys also.
(d) Tells him he is silly.
2. To whom has Roy grown close?
(a) The Traffords.
3. What did Isabel work tirelessly for after Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) To increase Ted's reputation.
(b) To help Ted get emotionally balanced and back to writing.
(c) To have Ted forget Rosie.
(d) To find Ted a new wife.
4. What does William notice about Amy?
(a) She is quite pretty.
(b) She is submissive to men.
(c) She is good at getting her own way.
(d) She is a bit churlish.
5. What does Roy write for Isabel?
(a) An emotional obituary.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A short story.
(d) A poem of admiration.
6. What does William sense about Ted's affect?
(a) He is growing aloof.
(b) He is unhappy.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He is becoming surly.
7. What is the reaction to the book he publishes?
8. What does Rosie encourage William to do?
(a) To find other women to date.
(b) To go to dinner and a play with Retford.
(c) To leave London after his medical training.
(d) To become more and more daring.
9. How does Isabel respond to Ted's marriage?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She hates him for it.
(c) She hopes he will now be able to write more.
(d) She is happy for him.
10. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) She drained Ted's finances.
(b) Ted would not have been great otherwise.
(c) She was probably diseased.
(d) She drained Ted's ability to write.
11. How does Rosie act about her and Ted leaving debts in Blackstable?
(a) She laughs it off.
(b) She pretends she did not know that Ted had debts.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She justifies their position.
12. Who greets William as he walks down High Street?
(a) A good friend of Rosie's.
(b) A former classmate in medical studies.
(c) A former classmate at his prepatory school.
(d) The old curate from Blakestable.
13. What is one thing that has not changed about Rosie when William sees her late in her life?
(a) Her deepset, sparkling eyes.
(b) Her concern for others.
(c) Her child-like and mischievous smile.
(d) Her good figure.
14. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
(a) With Rosie.
(b) With Isabel.
(c) With Kear and Kemp.
(d) With older and more important guests than William.
15. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
(a) Two Italians.
(b) A Russian.
(c) Two Americans.
(d) Two Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
2. What does William learn from Newton one day?
3. Who is Lionel Hillier?
4. What does Rosie do instead of talking a lot?
5. What is Amy sure that Ted did not know?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)