|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ted spend most of his time at the Saturday gatherings?
(a) With Kear and Kemp.
(b) With Isabel.
(c) With Rosie.
(d) With older and more important guests than William.
2. What happens to Kemp's business deal?
(a) It falls through and a warrant is issued for Kemp.
(b) It is thriving.
(c) He ends all business deals.
(d) It is just in its infancy.
3. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
(a) She ends up suing him.
(b) They collaborate on a new book.
(c) She ends up introducing him to his next wife.
(d) They marry.
4. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
5. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
(a) That Ted treated Rosie so poorly.
(b) How common Rosie must have been.
(c) That William's letters are all about Rosie.
(d) That Ted had not met Amy sooner.
6. What does William notice about Amy?
(a) She is a bit churlish.
(b) She is good at getting her own way.
(c) She is submissive to men.
(d) She is quite pretty.
7. Why does William say Ted would not have taken Rosie back?
(a) Ted would always wonder if she would leave again and it would harm his artitic life.
(b) Ted would be afraid he would not measure up to Kemp.
(c) Ted would feel cuckolded.
(d) Ted's strong feelings had passed.
8. What happens when Ted catches pneumonia?
(a) Isabel is frail and unable to care fo him.
(b) He returns to Blakestable for his sister to nurse him.
(c) Isabel contacts William.
(d) Isabel hires Mary-Ann to nurse him.
9. What does William do all day while living at Vincent Square?
(b) Lecture to students.
(c) Work at the hospital.
10. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
(d) Jack Kuyper.
11. What did Isabel work tirelessly for after Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) To help Ted get emotionally balanced and back to writing.
(b) To increase Ted's reputation.
(c) To have Ted forget Rosie.
(d) To find Ted a new wife.
12. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
(a) Two Germans.
(b) Two Italians.
(c) Two Americans.
(d) A Russian.
13. What does William think should be abolished?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) Free education.
(c) The House of Commons.
14. Where does Rosie take William?
(a) To see Ted.
(b) To the horse track.
(c) To join a whist game.
(d) To meet her daughter.
15. What does William think of as the "crown of literature?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Roy and William meet?
2. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
3. With what motif is William's old room decorated?
4. How does William remember Rosie?
5. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)