|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portrait is there that shows a work of Hillier?
(a) Hillier's portrait of Ted.
(b) Hillier's portrait of Rosie.
(c) Hillier's Ted and Rosie's little girl.
(d) Hillier's of Ted and Rosie together.
2. How does Rosie keep in touch with Blackstable?
(a) Through biweekly visits to her mother in Haversham.
(b) Through Mrs. Ashenben.
(c) Through Mary-Ann.
(d) Through the curate.
3. What does William do all day while living at Vincent Square?
(a) Work at the hospital.
(b) Lecture to students.
4. How does Isabel respond to Ted's marriage?
(a) She is happy for him.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She hates him for it.
(d) She hopes he will now be able to write more.
5. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
(a) That he does not need Rosie.
(b) That he is the greatest writer of his day.
(c) That she knows what is best for him.
(d) That women are dying to marry him.
6. What does Rosie read a lot of?
(a) Romance novels.
(c) Histories of queens and mistresses of royal personages.
(d) She is not much of a reader.
7. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
(a) Lord George.
(b) The Editor of McMillian Publishing.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) Isabel Trafford.
8. What does Ted publish?
(a) The Life's Cup.
(b) The Life of Chasing the Grail.
(c) The Cup of Life.
(d) The Cup is Full.
9. What makes William weak in the knees?
(a) Rosie kissing him on the cheek.
(b) Seeing Rosie assume a pose by a canvas of a painting of her.
(c) Nothing; he has learned to control his emotions now.
(d) Seeing a new guest at the party who is beautiful.
10. What does William do in the evenings while living at Vincent Square?
(a) Studies his medical material.
(b) Goes to the races with the Driffields.
(c) Reads to improve his mind.
(d) Socializes at the gentleman's club.
11. What does Rosie do as Ted writes at night?
(b) Goes out with her friends.
12. What does Ted next write?
(a) By Their Lessons.
(b) Fruits of the Tree.
(c) By Their Fruits.
(d) Fruit of the Vine.
13. What did Isabel work tirelessly for after Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) To find Ted a new wife.
(b) To help Ted get emotionally balanced and back to writing.
(c) To increase Ted's reputation.
(d) To have Ted forget Rosie.
14. What does William notice for the first time about Rosie?
(a) She has full lips.
(b) She is much older than he.
(c) She has bad teeth.
(d) She is pretty.
15. How does William remember Rosie?
(a) As a madonna figure.
(b) Alive and passionate.
(c) Only vaguely.
(d) As fresh and innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Rose about Ted's death?
2. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
3. What is Quentin Forde most interested in at the Driffields' parties?
4. What is one thing that has not changed about Rosie when William sees her late in her life?
5. Where does William meet Rosie one day?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)