|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surname does Rosie and George take when they come to America?
2. What does William look forward to writing?
(a) Political essays.
(b) Nothing; he is tired of writing.
(d) Books and plays.
3. What does Rosie do instead of talking a lot?
(a) Includes her companions in "persuasive well-being."
(c) Reads out loud interesting bits of information.
(d) Gets others to talk about themselves.
4. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
(b) His first girlfriend with whom he has a son.
(c) No one.
5. Where do William and Rosie often go?
(a) The opera.
(b) The symphony.
(c) To other friends's homes for whist.
(d) Music halls or theaters.
6. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
(b) Jack Kuyper.
7. Why does William say Ted would not have taken Rosie back?
(a) Ted would always wonder if she would leave again and it would harm his artitic life.
(b) Ted's strong feelings had passed.
(c) Ted would feel cuckolded.
(d) Ted would be afraid he would not measure up to Kemp.
8. Who is Lionel Hillier?
(a) A dramatist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A sculptor.
(d) A flamboyant painter.
9. What does Ted publish?
(a) The Life of Chasing the Grail.
(b) The Cup of Life.
(c) The Cup is Full.
(d) The Life's Cup.
10. What does William do in the evenings while living at Vincent Square?
(a) Goes to the races with the Driffields.
(b) Socializes at the gentleman's club.
(c) Studies his medical material.
(d) Reads to improve his mind.
11. What is one thing that has not changed about Rosie when William sees her late in her life?
(a) Her child-like and mischievous smile.
(b) Her good figure.
(c) Her concern for others.
(d) Her deepset, sparkling eyes.
12. Why does Hillier seems suspicious at the Saturday afternoon parties?
(a) Because Rosie and William exchange secret looks.
(b) No particular reason.
(c) Because Rosie and William call each other pet names.
(d) Because Rosie and William laugh at nothing.
13. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
14. What does Rosie read a lot of?
(a) Histories of queens and mistresses of royal personages.
(c) She is not much of a reader.
(d) Romance novels.
15. Why is William bitter?
(a) That Rosie seems interested in another man.
(b) That Rosie tells him he must share her.
(c) That he has to leave London soon.
(d) That Rosie is so gleeful at the sable cape she receives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William notice about Amy?
2. With what motif is William's old room decorated?
3. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
4. What does Isabel say Rosie looks like in the painting of her?
5. What portrait is there that shows a work of Hillier?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)