|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William think of as the "crown of literature?"
2. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
3. What is Amy sure that Ted did not know?
(a) About Rosie's affairs.
(b) About Ted's brother taking all the money from his parents' estate.
(c) That Rosie talked badly about Ted behind his back.
(d) That Rosie had been married twice before meeting Ted.
4. To what do the Driffields invite William?
(a) To a book reading.
(b) To share thier box at the horse track.
(c) To some friends's home for tea.
(d) To their regular Saturday afternoon gatherings.
5. How does Rosie act about her and Ted leaving debts in Blackstable?
(a) She justifies their position.
(b) She pretends she did not know that Ted had debts.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She laughs it off.
6. What does William notice for the first time about Rosie?
(a) She has bad teeth.
(b) She is much older than he.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She has full lips.
7. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
8. What does Rosie do as Ted writes at night?
(c) Goes out with her friends.
9. What does Ted's study smell like?
(a) The scent of flowers as Amy keeps several bouquets in it.
(b) The cigars he used to smoke.
(c) A musty museum.
(d) The pipe he used to smoke.
10. What happens to Kemp's business deal?
(a) It is just in its infancy.
(b) He ends all business deals.
(c) It is thriving.
(d) It falls through and a warrant is issued for Kemp.
11. Who is Mrs. Hudson?
(a) The next-door neighbor where Williams lives.
(b) William's first landlady.
(c) A friend of his aunt and uncle.
(d) A friend of Ted and Rosie.
12. Where does Rosie take William?
(a) To the horse track.
(b) To see Ted.
(c) To meet her daughter.
(d) To join a whist game.
13. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) She drained Ted's finances.
(b) Ted would not have been great otherwise.
(c) She drained Ted's ability to write.
(d) She was probably diseased.
14. Who is Lionel Hillier?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A flamboyant painter.
(c) A poet.
(d) A dramatist.
15. How does William remember Rosie?
(a) As a madonna figure.
(b) Alive and passionate.
(c) As fresh and innocent.
(d) Only vaguely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
2. What does Roy write for Isabel?
3. Where do Roy and William meet?
4. What renowned poet does Isabel manage?
5. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)