|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) Ted would not have been great otherwise.
(b) She drained Ted's ability to write.
(c) She drained Ted's finances.
(d) She was probably diseased.
2. Why is William bitter?
(a) That Rosie is so gleeful at the sable cape she receives.
(b) That Rosie seems interested in another man.
(c) That Rosie tells him he must share her.
(d) That he has to leave London soon.
3. Where does Rosie live?
(d) Newport News.
4. What portrait is there that shows a work of Hillier?
(a) Hillier's of Ted and Rosie together.
(b) Hillier's Ted and Rosie's little girl.
(c) Hillier's portrait of Ted.
(d) Hillier's portrait of Rosie.
5. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
(a) How common Rosie must have been.
(b) That Ted treated Rosie so poorly.
(c) That Ted had not met Amy sooner.
(d) That William's letters are all about Rosie.
6. Why does Hillier seems suspicious at the Saturday afternoon parties?
(a) Because Rosie and William laugh at nothing.
(b) Because Rosie and William exchange secret looks.
(c) Because Rosie and William call each other pet names.
(d) No particular reason.
7. What does Ted next write?
(a) Fruits of the Tree.
(b) By Their Fruits.
(c) Fruit of the Vine.
(d) By Their Lessons.
8. What does Rosie say will happen in a hundred years?
(a) People will revere William as a poet.
(b) They will all be dead and none of this will matter.
(c) People will live the way they wish.
(d) Women will be as free as men to enjoy sex without censure.
9. How does Rosie act about her and Ted leaving debts in Blackstable?
(a) She laughs it off.
(b) She justifies their position.
(c) She pretends she did not know that Ted had debts.
(d) She is embarrassed.
10. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
11. What does Ted seem to be doing?
(a) Broadening his horizons.
(b) Getting ready to snatch a piece of fame.
(c) William has no sense about it.
(d) Getting ready to divorce Rosie.
12. What is the landlady's strict policy about fire?
(a) No fires after April.
(b) The rooms stay warm since the heat from the kitchens waft upstairs.
(c) The place has never had individual fireplaces.
(d) A boarder can have a fire after April if he pays for it.
13. What surprises Rose about Ted's death?
(a) That he doesn't die in Blakestable as he always wanted to do.
(b) That he had remarried.
(c) How much fuss the press makes.
(d) How old he was.
14. What surname does Rosie and George take when they come to America?
15. Where do Roy and William meet?
(a) Victoria Station.
(b) Near Big Ben.
(c) Trafalger Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. To William, how does Rosie always remain?
2. What happens when Ted catches pneumonia?
3. What renowned poet does Isabel manage?
4. What habit does William get into doing?
5. What does William learn from Newton one day?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)