|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William meet through the Driffields?
(a) Creative people.
(b) Lord George.
(c) His future wife.
(d) Roy Kear.
2. With what motif is William's old room decorated?
(c) No particular motif.
3. What surprises Rose about Ted's death?
(a) How much fuss the press makes.
(b) How old he was.
(c) That he doesn't die in Blakestable as he always wanted to do.
(d) That he had remarried.
4. What does William think should be abolished?
(a) Free education.
(b) The House of Lords.
(d) The House of Commons.
5. Why does William say Ted would not have taken Rosie back?
(a) Ted would feel cuckolded.
(b) Ted's strong feelings had passed.
(c) Ted would be afraid he would not measure up to Kemp.
(d) Ted would always wonder if she would leave again and it would harm his artitic life.
6. What does William look forward to writing?
(a) Books and plays.
(b) Political essays.
(d) Nothing; he is tired of writing.
7. What does William thinks brings its own hazards?
8. What does Rosie say when William says she might be having sex with all of her male friends?
(a) She says it is none of his business.
(b) She is not.
(c) William must take her as she is.
(d) She is and William must end their affair.
9. What does Ted seem to be doing?
(a) Broadening his horizons.
(b) William has no sense about it.
(c) Getting ready to snatch a piece of fame.
(d) Getting ready to divorce Rosie.
10. What does William say about Rosie's heart?
(a) It was weak.
(b) It was strong.
(c) It was of gold.
(d) It was cold.
11. Where does Rosie live?
(b) Newport News.
12. What does Rosie do as Ted writes at night?
(b) Goes out with her friends.
13. How does Rosie keep in touch with Blackstable?
(a) Through Mrs. Ashenben.
(b) Through Mary-Ann.
(c) Through the curate.
(d) Through biweekly visits to her mother in Haversham.
14. Where is William a medical student?
(a) St. Hippocrate's Hospital in London.
(b) He never studies medicine.
(c) St. Joeseh's Hospital in Paris.
(d) St. Luke's Hospital in London.
15. Who did Rosie think Ted would marry rather than Amy?
(a) His first girlfriend with whom he has a son.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends Ted and Rosie's parties who helps propel artists to fame?
2. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
3. Who visits Ted and Amy's house while William is there?
4. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
5. What does Mrs. Hudson laugh at?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)