|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rosie live?
(d) Newport News.
2. Where does Isabel accompany Ted to?
(a) Every party to which he is invited.
(b) New York.
3. What does William discover that surprises him?
(a) That Ted is the author of 20 books and on the brink of discovery.
(b) That Rosie if pregnant.
(c) That Ted and Rosie are not actually married legally.
(d) That Roy is the same age as William and has already published several books.
4. What does William know that Roy and Amy do not?
(a) Ted had a daughter from an affair before Rosie who is alive.
(b) Rosie is still alive.
(c) Ted had a son from an affair before Rosie who is alive.
(d) Both Rosie and Kemp are still alive.
5. Who is Mrs. Hudson?
(a) A friend of his aunt and uncle.
(b) The next-door neighbor where Williams lives.
(c) A friend of Ted and Rosie.
(d) William's first landlady.
6. Where is William a medical student?
(a) St. Luke's Hospital in London.
(b) St. Joeseh's Hospital in Paris.
(c) St. Hippocrate's Hospital in London.
(d) He never studies medicine.
7. In what type of neighborhood do the Driffields reside?
(a) An upper middle class, neat and well kept one.
(b) A lower working-class one that is loud and smelly.
(c) One that had once been respectable but has declined.
(d) One that is on the edge of the homes of the peerage.
8. What does Rosie do after William weeps at his home?
(a) Undresses and makes love with him.
(b) Crys also.
(c) Tells him he is silly.
(d) Comforts him like a mother.
9. What is the Bear and Key where William stays like?
(a) Grubby and unchanged.
(b) Newly remodeled and elegant.
(c) Clean but sparsely furnished.
(d) In a total state of disrepair.
10. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
(a) That Ted had not met Amy sooner.
(b) How common Rosie must have been.
(c) That William's letters are all about Rosie.
(d) That Ted treated Rosie so poorly.
11. What does Ted publish?
(a) The Life's Cup.
(b) The Life of Chasing the Grail.
(c) The Cup is Full.
(d) The Cup of Life.
12. Of what does Isabel convince Ted?
(a) That she knows what is best for him.
(b) That he is the greatest writer of his day.
(c) That women are dying to marry him.
(d) That he does not need Rosie.
13. What surname does Rosie and George take when they come to America?
14. With what is Ted preoccupied?
(b) Editing and writing.
(c) Another woman.
15. Where do William and Rosie often go?
(a) The symphony.
(b) The opera.
(c) Music halls or theaters.
(d) To other friends's homes for whist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie do instead of talking a lot?
2. What does William learn from Newton one day?
3. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
4. What does William do in the evenings while living at Vincent Square?
5. What makes William weak in the knees?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)