|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amy think it good that Rosie leaves Ted?
(a) She drained Ted's finances.
(b) She was probably diseased.
(c) She drained Ted's ability to write.
(d) Ted would not have been great otherwise.
2. Where do William and Rosie often go?
(a) The symphony.
(b) Music halls or theaters.
(c) To other friends's homes for whist.
(d) The opera.
3. Who calls Rosie a nymphomaniac?
4. What happens between Ted and his nurse?
(a) She ends up introducing him to his next wife.
(b) She ends up suing him.
(c) They collaborate on a new book.
(d) They marry.
5. Where does Rosie take William?
(a) To see Ted.
(b) To join a whist game.
(c) To meet her daughter.
(d) To the horse track.
6. What habit does William get into doing?
(a) Reading only one hour a night instead of four.
(b) Writing on his book one hour a day.
(c) Walking with Rosie in the neighborhood.
(d) Attending the Driffields' parties.
7. Who does William meet through the Driffields?
(a) Lord George.
(b) Creative people.
(c) Roy Kear.
(d) His future wife.
8. What does Ted seem to be doing?
(a) Getting ready to divorce Rosie.
(b) William has no sense about it.
(c) Broadening his horizons.
(d) Getting ready to snatch a piece of fame.
9. Why does William say Ted would not have taken Rosie back?
(a) Ted would feel cuckolded.
(b) Ted's strong feelings had passed.
(c) Ted would always wonder if she would leave again and it would harm his artitic life.
(d) Ted would be afraid he would not measure up to Kemp.
10. What does William think of as the "crown of literature?"
11. What is the reaction to the book he publishes?
12. What do Roy and Amy deplore?
(a) That William's letters are all about Rosie.
(b) That Ted treated Rosie so poorly.
(c) How common Rosie must have been.
(d) That Ted had not met Amy sooner.
13. What happens when Ted catches pneumonia?
(a) He returns to Blakestable for his sister to nurse him.
(b) Isabel contacts William.
(c) Isabel hires Mary-Ann to nurse him.
(d) Isabel is frail and unable to care fo him.
14. What do William and Rosie do for the next year or more?
(a) Stop in his rooms whenever they go out together.
(b) Write poetry together.
(c) Sing duets together.
(d) Write a play together.
15. Who keeps Rosie occupied for a couple weeks?
(d) Jack Kuyper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie say will happen in a hundred years?
2. What does Isabel say Rosie looks like in the painting of her?
3. What does Rosie say when William says she might be having sex with all of her male friends?
4. What does William do all day while living at Vincent Square?
5. What does Rosie read a lot of?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)