|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally embarrasses William at the Driffield's house?
(a) An allusion to his uncle's strictness.
(b) An allusion to his uncle's sermons.
(c) The looks that pass between Rosie and Ted.
(d) The looks that pass between Rosie and Kemp.
2. What does Kemp claim about Rosie and Ted?
(a) They will be back.
(b) They owe him for coal.
(c) They were both terribly afraid.
(d) They were not actually married.
3. Where does money come from to Mrs. Grann?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
4. What is Kear able to do?
(a) Become a member of the House of Commons.
(b) Parley his little talent into a successful writing and speaking career.
(c) Marry the girl everyone else wants to marry in college.
(d) Become an adviser to the Duke of Wellington.
5. What does William discover that surprises him?
(a) That Ted is the author of 20 books and on the brink of discovery.
(b) That Roy is the same age as William and has already published several books.
(c) That Ted and Rosie are not actually married legally.
(d) That Rosie if pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ashenden declare about Driffield's novels?
2. What does William look forward to writing?
3. How does Rosie treat William?
4. What is the Bear and Key where William stays like?
5. What does William think of as the "crown of literature?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)