|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Hodmarsh call Amy?
(a) A money grabber.
(b) A devoted daughter.
(c) A sacrificial caregiver.
(d) A hoyden.
2. What is Driffield awarded at a birthday celebration?
(a) Nothing; he dies before the celebration takes place.
(b) A lifelong achievement plaque.
(c) A knighthood.
(d) The Order of Merit.
3. About what part of Ashenden's life does he reminisce?
(a) 20 years earlier.
(b) 40 years earlier.
(c) When he was just a toddler.
(d) 3 years earlier.
4. Who is Amy Driffield?
(a) Edward Driffield's daughter-in-law.
(b) Edward Driffield's widow.
(c) Edward Driffield's daughter.
(d) Edward Driffield's first wife.
5. What mystifies the young William about Rosie after he hears her history?
(a) That his uncle would forbid his associating with her.
(b) That she has never had a baby.
(c) That she is still light hearted.
(d) That Ted would marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Fellows?
2. From whom does Ashenden ignore telephone messages?
3. Why does the person telling William the story of the Driffields say Ted marries Rosie.
4. What does Ted teach William?
5. Who tells William of the Driffield's background?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)