|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Encombe?
(a) The vicar's sister.
(b) The vicar's wife's best friend.
(c) William's aunt.
(d) Blackstable's "New Woman."
2. What does Ashenden first think of Driffield?
(a) As exceedingly debonair.
(b) As boring.
(c) As a cad.
(d) As interesting.
3. What does William fail to do when Ted gives him money?
(a) Write a thank you note.
(b) Give his brother half.
(c) Tithe 10 percent.
(d) Give half to his uncle.
4. What does Ted teach William?
(a) How to flirt with pretty girls.
(b) How to create believable characters.
(c) How to ride a bicycle.
(d) How to filet a fish.
5. What does Amy provide copies of to William?
(a) A check for 100 pounds.
(b) A check for 1000 pounds.
(c) The original manuscript of a book that has a character based upon William.
(d) Edward Driffield's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the people at Mrs. Greencourt's tea party believe about literature?
2. What does William think is the reason Rosie sees Kemp?
3. Who is generous in giving new writers a leg up?
4. With whom does Ted's companion Rosie carry on at one time?
5. Who cannot get William alone the last time he sees Ted?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)