|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
2. Which yeoman reports that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
3. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
4. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
5. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ice cream plays a prominent role on the Caine in Chapters 19-21. Why do you think that is? What symbolic significance might it have? Why didn't the author choose some other kind of food?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences and similarities between Maryk and Queeg. How will these similarities and differences continue to affect the novel? Use examples from the book to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
The captain of a ship is supposed to be a leader. In light of the shift from how the men performed under De Vriess and how things are going under Queeg, discuss how Queeg's character affects the rest of the men on the Caine. What kind of leader is Queeg?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)