|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined Willie and his mother for dinner at Twenty-one?
2. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
3. What is the name of May's new boyfriend?
4. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
5. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drawing from all you've learned from the book so far, discuss why you think the Caine mutiny occurred. What circumstances, mix of personalities and other factors led to this pivotal event?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 13 and 14, life on the Caine gets much worse under the command of Captain Queeg. Using examples from the novel, describe how and why the men of the Caine are suffering at the hands of Queeg. What recourse do they have? What are the different ways in which they deal with his personality and choices?
Essay Topic 3
Trouble seems to follow Willie Keith wherever he goes. What does he do to get himself in trouble, or is it just bad luck and timing? How is this character established by the author in the first chapters?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)