Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
2. What was the result of Queeg's action in the Barzun incident?
3. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
4. What reason does Willie give for Stilwell's mental collapse?
5. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 25, a new side of Roland Keefer is revealed. Compare and contrast the two Keefers using support from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Setting often plays an important role in literature. How does the setting of this book affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
The author writes that "The Kwajalein invasion... was a grand classic of sea warfare, a lesson for the generations. There has never been a more wisely conceived and surgically executed operation. As a young man's first taste of war, however, it was too rich, too easy, too fancy, too perfect." Why do you think the author described the invasion that way? What effect will this invasion have on Willie? Will it mislead him or give him the wrong idea?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)