|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
2. What does Keefer do after the Kamikaze attack?
3. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
4. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
5. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences and similarities between Maryk and Queeg. How will these similarities and differences continue to affect the novel? Use examples from the book to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
The captain of a ship is supposed to be a leader. In light of the shift from how the men performed under De Vriess and how things are going under Queeg, discuss how Queeg's character affects the rest of the men on the Caine. What kind of leader is Queeg?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)