|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storm, Willie finds how many soldiers crammed in the radio shack?
2. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
3. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
4. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
5. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trouble seems to follow Willie Keith wherever he goes. What does he do to get himself in trouble, or is it just bad luck and timing? How is this character established by the author in the first chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Ice cream plays a prominent role on the Caine in Chapters 19-21. Why do you think that is? What symbolic significance might it have? Why didn't the author choose some other kind of food?
Essay Topic 3
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)