|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
2. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
3. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
4. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
5. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ice cream plays a prominent role on the Caine in Chapters 19-21. Why do you think that is? What symbolic significance might it have? Why didn't the author choose some other kind of food?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 5 and 6, Willie continues to have trouble because of his loyalty to the people he loves. Discuss how the complicated nature of these relationships distracts Willie, keeps him from focusing on what he should, and makes it difficult for him to make good choices.
Essay Topic 3
During the court martial, we see different sides of the same story. How do the varying shades of perspective and the fact that some people lie affect the court martial proceedings?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)