|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queeg look when Barney calls him to the stand?
2. Who states that Queeg's problem is an obsessive personality?
3. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
4. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
5. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
Essay Topic 2
The captain of a ship is supposed to be a leader. In light of the shift from how the men performed under De Vriess and how things are going under Queeg, discuss how Queeg's character affects the rest of the men on the Caine. What kind of leader is Queeg?
Essay Topic 3
Willie and May's relationship is quite complicated. What are some of the many complex facets to their relationship? Why does Willie think he can't marry her? Why does he have such a hard time making up his mind about what to do? Use examples from the book to support your reasoning.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)