|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
2. The book describes Willie's home as being the same except for what?
3. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
4. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
5. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Queeg seems to wait for orders before he acts while his crew seems to have difficulty doing that. Discuss the pros and cons of each approach using support from the book and the general knowledge of the military that has been conveyed in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The captain of a ship is supposed to be a leader. In light of the shift from how the men performed under De Vriess and how things are going under Queeg, discuss how Queeg's character affects the rest of the men on the Caine. What kind of leader is Queeg?
Essay Topic 3
Willie and May's relationship is quite complicated. What are some of the many complex facets to their relationship? Why does Willie think he can't marry her? Why does he have such a hard time making up his mind about what to do? Use examples from the book to support your reasoning.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)