|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keefer do after the Kamikaze attack?
2. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
3. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
4. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
5. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
Essay Topic 1
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is widely used in Chapters 7 and 8. Discuss some of the ways that the author conveys how lowly the ship is in the grand scheme of the Navy. How does he explain to the reader the condition of the ship and crew? Use examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
During the court martial, we see different sides of the same story. How do the varying shades of perspective and the fact that some people lie affect the court martial proceedings?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)