|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
2. What was the result of Queeg's action in the Barzun incident?
3. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
4. What reason does Willie give for Stilwell's mental collapse?
5. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
Essay Topic 1
Trouble seems to follow Willie Keith wherever he goes. What does he do to get himself in trouble, or is it just bad luck and timing? How is this character established by the author in the first chapters?
Essay Topic 2
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
Essay Topic 3
Willie has felt an outside societal pressure about who he is supposed to be and what he is supposed to do since the beginning of the book. Discuss the ways that society forms and shapes who we are, our expectations for ourselves, and who we ultimately become as individuals. Use examples from the book to further explore Willie's character and why he makes the choices he makes.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)