|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barney Greenwald does what in the Navy?
2. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
3. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
4. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
5. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 5 and 6, Willie continues to have trouble because of his loyalty to the people he loves. Discuss how the complicated nature of these relationships distracts Willie, keeps him from focusing on what he should, and makes it difficult for him to make good choices.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, a new side of Roland Keefer is revealed. Compare and contrast the two Keefers using support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)