|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
2. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
3. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
4. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
5. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 25, a new side of Roland Keefer is revealed. Compare and contrast the two Keefers using support from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 5 and 6, Willie continues to have trouble because of his loyalty to the people he loves. Discuss how the complicated nature of these relationships distracts Willie, keeps him from focusing on what he should, and makes it difficult for him to make good choices.
Essay Topic 3
During the court martial, we see different sides of the same story. How do the varying shades of perspective and the fact that some people lie affect the court martial proceedings?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)