|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
2. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
3. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
4. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
5. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Willie has felt an outside societal pressure about who he is supposed to be and what he is supposed to do since the beginning of the book. Discuss the ways that society forms and shapes who we are, our expectations for ourselves, and who we ultimately become as individuals. Use examples from the book to further explore Willie's character and why he makes the choices he makes.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the differences and similarities between Maryk and Queeg. How will these similarities and differences continue to affect the novel? Use examples from the book to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
The captain of a ship is supposed to be a leader. In light of the shift from how the men performed under De Vriess and how things are going under Queeg, discuss how Queeg's character affects the rest of the men on the Caine. What kind of leader is Queeg?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)