|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
2. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
3. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
4. What can become useless in a typhoon?
5. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
Essay Topic 1
During the trial, Barney Greenwald tries to prove that Captain Queeg is not sane. Using evidence from the trial and the entire book, answer the question: Is Queeg sane or insane?
Essay Topic 2
Willie and May's relationship is quite complicated. What are some of the many complex facets to their relationship? Why does Willie think he can't marry her? Why does he have such a hard time making up his mind about what to do? Use examples from the book to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Drawing from all you've learned from the book so far, discuss why you think the Caine mutiny occurred. What circumstances, mix of personalities and other factors led to this pivotal event?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)