|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
2. Who joined Willie and his mother for dinner at Twenty-one?
3. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
4. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
5. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through Tom Keefer's literary allusions in Chapter 9 and Willie's visit to the Moulton in Chapter 10, we begin to see Willie struggle with appearances versus reality. Why does Willie struggle with the fact that things are not always what they seem? How do you think growing up privileged has influenced the way he makes judgments? Do his first impressions get him into trouble? By the end of the novel, has his perspective changed? What leads to the change?
Essay Topic 2
During the trial, Barney Greenwald tries to prove that Captain Queeg is not sane. Using evidence from the trial and the entire book, answer the question: Is Queeg sane or insane?
Essay Topic 3
Drawing from all you've learned from the book so far, discuss why you think the Caine mutiny occurred. What circumstances, mix of personalities and other factors led to this pivotal event?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)