|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to Admiral Halsey's ship, the men see a lot of what?
2. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
3. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
4. Why can't the Caine join the rest of the sweepers for the surrender ceremonies?
5. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 5 and 6, Willie continues to have trouble because of his loyalty to the people he loves. Discuss how the complicated nature of these relationships distracts Willie, keeps him from focusing on what he should, and makes it difficult for him to make good choices.
Essay Topic 2
The main character of "The Caine Mutiny", Willie Keith, undergoes great personal transformation in the novel. Trace his growth through the novel and how he changed as a person.
Essay Topic 3
While there is a war going on, the men of the Caine are caught up in their own conflict. Discuss how the smallness of their perspective seems to develop and how they lose sight of the bigger picture. How do you think men on other ships deal with the monotony of life at sea?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)