|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can become useless in a typhoon?
(a) The engines.
(b) A rudder.
(c) The compass.
(d) The weather vane.
2. What is May doing when Willie gets back to New York?
(a) She is cutting an audition record.
(b) She is nursing her dad back to health.
(c) She is working at the fruit stand with her mother.
(d) She is at class.
3. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
(a) He grimaces horribly.
(b) He supports Challee's objection on the matter.
(c) He puts his head in his hands.
(d) He warns the defense to stop smearing a naval officer.
4. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
(d) The Marshalls.
5. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before the war ends does the Caine finally sweep a mine?
2. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
3. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
4. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
5. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)