|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(b) A giant serpent eating him.
(c) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
(d) Showing up for school without clothes.
2. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
(a) He relieves the captain of his duties under Article 184.
(b) He yells overboard at Keefer and tries to fish him back aboard.
(c) He stays aboard and gets the fire under control.
(d) He retires to his room and writes a letter to May.
3. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Once in a blue moon.
(b) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
(c) Like taking candy from a baby.
(d) Like getting blood from a turnip.
4. What can become useless in a typhoon?
(a) A rudder.
(b) The engines.
(c) The compass.
(d) The weather vane.
5. Whom does the nickname "Old Swandive" refer to?
(a) Captain Keefer.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Captain Breakstone.
(d) Admiral Halsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
2. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
3. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
4. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
5. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)