|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) An entire cake went missing.
(b) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
(c) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(d) The captain's log was stolen.
2. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(b) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(c) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(d) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
3. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
(a) Speaking with the admiral.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Reading a comic book.
(d) Doing paper work.
4. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(b) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
(c) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
(d) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
5. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) Showing up for school without clothes.
(b) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
(c) A giant serpent eating him.
(d) God as a jack-in-the-box.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
2. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
3. What can become useless in a typhoon?
4. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
5. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)