|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
(c) The officers.
(d) The sailors.
2. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
(a) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) The Bronze Star.
(c) A Purple Heart.
(d) The Navy Cross.
4. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(b) Yellow-bellied coward.
5. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) UC Davis.
(d) San Francisco State.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
2. Queeg insists the men will not dehydrate because they will get enough water from what?
3. How long does Willie eavesdrop on the Marines over the short-wave radio?
4. What is the name of Keefer's date?
5. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
2. How does Queeg react after Jellybelly tells him that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
3. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
4. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
5. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
6. Why does Willie get in trouble in Chapter 12?
7. What does Willie tell Maryk when Stilwell asks for emergency leave after receiving a telegram that his mother is sick?
8. What explanation does Queeg give his superiors for losing the target?
9. What happens after Queeg receives the verdict for Stilwell's court martial?
10. How does Queeg call attention away from his cowardly behavior at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)