|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
2. How many midshipmen gather for the review of the troops?
(b) Everyone in Furnald Hall.
3. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
4. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
5. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
(a) The Bronze Star.
(b) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) The Navy Cross.
(d) A Purple Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
2. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
3. Only two people knew the Caine's mission. Who were they?
4. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
5. What type of sandwich does Willie indulge in while tied to the destroyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
2. How does Queeg call attention away from his cowardly behavior at the end of Chapter 20?
3. Why does Willie not take his relationship with May Wynn seriously?
4. What happens to Horrible?
5. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
6. What does Willie tell Maryk when Stilwell asks for emergency leave after receiving a telegram that his mother is sick?
7. When and where does Greenwald first meet Maryk?
8. What happens toward the end of Queeg's testimony?
9. List some of the irrational and terrible things that Queeg does in Chapter 15.
10. What does Barney talk about during his toast at the celebration dinner?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)