|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queeg wants things done?
(a) The right way.
(b) His way.
(c) The wrong way.
(d) The Navy way.
2. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
3. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Dancing naked on the bridge.
(b) Reading a comic on watch.
(c) Sorting lines.
(d) Sleeping on watch.
4. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she has already died.
(b) That she isn't dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she is sick but not dying.
5. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(a) China Town.
(d) Napa Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
2. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
3. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
4. When Maryk comes to Keefer to talk about Queeg, what is Keefer reading?
5. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
2. Why does Queeg reprimand Willie about the typhoon?
3. What happens during Willie's first watch?
4. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
5. Why does Queeg insist on staying on course?
6. What are the two bottles of champagne referenced in the title of Chapter 17?
7. What happens toward the end of Queeg's testimony?
8. Challee asks Willie for specific examples of Queeg's odd behavior. Name some.
9. What reason does Willie give May for introducing her by her real name to his mother?
10. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)