|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
(a) "Cain is Abel."
(b) "Turn, Turn, Turn."
(c) "Multitudes, Multitudes."
(d) "Sins of the Fathers."
2. How does Roland Keefer die?
(a) Blood loss.
(b) A staph infection.
(c) Gunshot wound.
3. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
(b) Classic literature.
(c) Navy procedures.
(d) He doesn't read.
4. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
(a) To make two sketches of the Caine.
(b) To assemble and disassemble his rifle.
(c) To list every man assigned to the ship.
(d) To write an essay on the history of the ship.
5. What is the third set of orders the Caine receives after Queeg takes command?
(a) They are to go stateside for an overhaul.
(b) They are to head to the Marshall Islands.
(c) They are to go to DMS training in San Diego.
(d) They are to do rigorous target training near Pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Willie attend college?
2. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
3. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
4. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
5. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
2. What happens while Willie is distracted and watching Maryk swim out to recover the float?
3. What is Captain White like?
4. What happens during Willie's first watch?
5. What does Queeg do to insure that the men do not pass keys to friends on the Harte?
6. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
7. How were the two attorneys different during closing arguments?
8. What happens when the news of Japan's surrender is heard?
9. What reason does Keefer give to explain Queeg's obsession with the strawberries?
10. How does Queeg determine that the strawberries are missing?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)