|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(b) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
(c) He does 50 pushups.
(d) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
2. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
(b) Small groups of Navy seals.
3. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Ensign Brain.
(b) Keefer's brother, Tom.
(c) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
4. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A psychopathic personality.
(b) A split personality.
(c) A major depressive personality.
(d) A sociopath.
5. How does Queeg wants things done?
(a) The right way.
(b) The wrong way.
(c) His way.
(d) The Navy way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
2. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
3. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
4. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
5. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is May doing when Willie gets back from the war?
2. What does Willie write in the love letter for which Chapter 39 is named?
3. What happens after Queeg receives the verdict for Stilwell's court martial?
4. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
5. What happens during Willie's first watch?
6. How does Queeg react after Jellybelly tells him that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
7. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
8. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
9. Why won't Queeg let Keefer leave the Caine to go visit his brother?
10. What are some of the quirky ways in which the crew begins to respond to their own boredom?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)