|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland Keefer die?
(a) A staph infection.
(c) Blood loss.
(d) Gunshot wound.
2. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
(a) Its anchor.
(b) The boatswain.
(c) The manual for the bridge.
(d) A target.
3. How long does Willie eavesdrop on the Marines over the short-wave radio?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
4. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(b) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(c) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(d) That his orders have been changed.
5. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
(a) Staff, Atlantic.
(b) Submarine, Pacific.
(c) Staff, Pacific.
(d) Mine Disposal Training
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
2. What type of place is Willie's family home?
3. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
4. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
5. At the end of Chapter 23, Maryk is in his bunk reading what book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tom Keefer explains his philosophy of the Navy to Willie. What is it?
2. What happens when the news of Japan's surrender is heard?
3. Why does Keefer think it's a bad idea to talk to Admiral Halsey?
4. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
5. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
6. Why does Willie get in trouble in Chapter 12?
7. Describe the circle of compliance.
8. What happens during Willie's first watch?
9. How does Dr. Lundeen explain Queeg's personality and behavior?
10. What does Willie do after his dinner with Uncle Lloyd?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)