|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
2. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
3. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
(a) "Bleak House."
(b) "Clockwork Orange."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "The Floss and the Mill."
4. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) UC Davis.
(c) San Francisco State.
5. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(d) Yellow-bellied coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
2. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
3. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
4. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
5. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is May doing when Willie gets back from the war?
2. How does Queeg react after Jellybelly tells him that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
3. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
4. What happens when the news of Japan's surrender is heard?
5. What does Willie overhear while listening in to the Marine channel on the radio?
6. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
7. What happens between Willie and Queeg in Saipan?
8. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
9. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
10. What reason does Keefer give to explain Queeg's obsession with the strawberries?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)