|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
2. May Wynn is of what descent?
3. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
4. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
(b) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
(c) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
(d) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
5. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(b) He does 50 pushups.
(c) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(d) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
2. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
3. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
4. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
5. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens toward the end of Queeg's testimony?
2. What happens to Horrible?
3. During the trial, what excuse does Queeg give for the towline incident?
4. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
5. How were the two attorneys different during closing arguments?
6. How does Dr. Lundeen explain Queeg's personality and behavior?
7. What does Willie do after his dinner with Uncle Lloyd?
8. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
9. What happens when the news of Japan's surrender is heard?
10. What does Willie write in the love letter for which Chapter 39 is named?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)