|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
2. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Sorting lines.
(b) Reading a comic on watch.
(c) Dancing naked on the bridge.
(d) Sleeping on watch.
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
4. Where did Willie attend college?
5. Willie is assigned a bunk in the clip shack, a metal box on the main deck. How hot is it in the clip shack?
(a) 75 degrees.
(b) 105 degrees.
(c) The same as it is on deck.
(d) 89 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
2. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
3. How does Queeg wants things done?
4. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
5. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie find in the mail at Pearl?
2. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
3. Why does Queeg insist on staying on course?
4. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
5. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
6. What happened to Roland Keefer's ship?
7. Why does the author use the title "Through the Looking Glass" for Chapter 1?
8. What does Barney talk about during his toast at the celebration dinner?
9. During the trial, what excuse does Queeg give for the towline incident?
10. Why won't Queeg let Keefer leave the Caine to go visit his brother?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)