|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
2. Captain de Vriess tells Captain Queeg that he is next hoping for what type of duty?
(a) A supply depot in Utah.
(b) DMS school in San Diego.
(c) Staff command at Pearl Harbor.
(d) New construction.
3. What is the third set of orders the Caine receives after Queeg takes command?
(a) They are to do rigorous target training near Pearl.
(b) They are to go stateside for an overhaul.
(c) They are to head to the Marshall Islands.
(d) They are to go to DMS training in San Diego.
4. In Chapter 24, Queeg restricts what for six months?
(b) Ice cream.
5. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his orders have been changed.
(b) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(c) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(d) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
2. How many midshipmen gather for the review of the troops?
3. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
4. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
5. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie find in the mail at Pearl?
2. Why does Keefer think it's a bad idea to talk to Admiral Halsey?
3. Why does Queeg insist on staying on course?
4. What does Willie tell Maryk when Stilwell asks for emergency leave after receiving a telegram that his mother is sick?
5. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
6. What happened to Roland Keefer's ship?
7. When and where does Greenwald first meet Maryk?
8. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
9. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
10. Why does Queeg refuse to ballast?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)