|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(c) Gin rummy.
2. What is the name of Keefer's date?
(a) Lily Loom.
(b) Tootsie Weaver.
(c) May Wynn.
(d) Rollete Baskinworth.
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
4. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
5. Maryk grew up where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
2. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
3. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
4. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
5. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author use the title "Through the Looking Glass" for Chapter 1?
2. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
3. What happens while Willie is distracted and watching Maryk swim out to recover the float?
4. What reason does Willie give May for introducing her by her real name to his mother?
5. According to Ensign Brain, why is it important for Willie to be on time?
6. In Chapter 3 Willie says, "Do you suppose that some higher power doesn't want me in the Navy?" Why do you think he says this?
7. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
8. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
9. What happens after Queeg receives the verdict for Stilwell's court martial?
10. Tom Keefer explains his philosophy of the Navy to Willie. What is it?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)