|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maryk asks Keefer to go with him to see the medical officer of the Pluto, how does Keefer respond?
(a) He's evasive and won't give a straight answer.
(b) He goes with him right away.
(c) He says he'll go as soon as Queeg is asleep.
(d) He refuses to go.
2. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
(b) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
(c) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
(d) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
3. Queeg insists the men will not dehydrate because they will get enough water from what?
(a) Their mess meals.
(b) Their coffee and soup.
(c) The ice cream.
(d) Their daily water ration of 1 pint.
4. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(a) Napa Valley.
(c) China Town.
5. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
(d) He doesn't. He orders Stilwell to circle the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
2. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
3. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
4. In Chapter 24, Queeg restricts what for six months?
5. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Willie is distracted and watching Maryk swim out to recover the float?
2. What does Barney talk about during his toast at the celebration dinner?
3. Why does Willie get in trouble in Chapter 12?
4. What are some of the quirky ways in which the crew begins to respond to their own boredom?
5. Why does Willie decide to open his father's letter earlier than promised?
6. What is Willie's first impression of the USS Caine?
7. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
8. What reason does Keefer give to explain Queeg's obsession with the strawberries?
9. Why does Keefer think it's a bad idea to talk to Admiral Halsey?
10. During the trial, what excuse does Queeg give for the towline incident?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)