|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie's father dies from what?
(a) An infection.
(b) Lung cancer.
2. At the end of Chapter 23, Maryk is in his bunk reading what book?
(a) "The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Illness."
(b) "The Navy Code of Health."
(c) "How To Know Your Captain Is Crazy."
(d) "Mental Disorders."
3. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(b) Gin rummy.
4. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
(a) He doesn't. He orders Stilwell to circle the bridge.
5. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
2. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
3. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
4. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
5. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Queeg give his superiors for losing the target?
2. What is Captain White like?
3. Describe what happens when the Kamikaze plane hits the Caine.
4. What does Queeg do to insure that the men do not pass keys to friends on the Harte?
5. What reason does Keefer give to explain Queeg's obsession with the strawberries?
6. What does Dr. Bird do to upset the board during his testimony?
7. What is Keefer's testimony like?
8. How does the New Jersey compare to the Caine?
9. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
10. How does Queeg call attention away from his cowardly behavior at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)