|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only two people knew the Caine's mission. Who were they?
(a) Captain Queeg and Willie.
(b) Captain Queeg and Keefer.
(c) Captain Queeg and Maryk.
(d) Maryk and Willie.
2. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A split personality.
(b) A sociopath.
(c) A psychopathic personality.
(d) A major depressive personality.
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
4. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
5. What does the Navy find during Willie's physical?
(c) Flat arches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
2. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
3. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
4. What type of sandwich does Willie indulge in while tied to the destroyer?
5. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie do after his dinner with Uncle Lloyd?
2. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
3. What is Keefer's testimony like?
4. How does Queeg react after Jellybelly tells him that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
5. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
6. Why does Willie decide to open his father's letter earlier than promised?
7. In Chapter 3 Willie says, "Do you suppose that some higher power doesn't want me in the Navy?" Why do you think he says this?
8. What happens during Willie's first watch?
9. Why does Queeg reprimand Willie about the typhoon?
10. Why won't Queeg let Keefer leave the Caine to go visit his brother?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)