|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
(b) He doesn't read.
(c) Navy procedures.
(d) Classic literature.
2. What does Harding vomit into?
(a) His shirt pocket.
(b) Willie's hat.
(c) A canteen.
(d) His hat.
3. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A split personality.
(c) A psychopathic personality.
(d) A major depressive personality.
4. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Sorting lines.
(b) Reading a comic on watch.
(c) Sleeping on watch.
(d) Dancing naked on the bridge.
5. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Ensign Brain.
(c) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
(d) Keefer's brother, Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
2. What is the name of Keefer's date?
3. Maryk grew up where?
4. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
5. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
2. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
3. What is Captain White like?
4. Why won't Queeg let Keefer leave the Caine to go visit his brother?
5. Why does the author use the title "Through the Looking Glass" for Chapter 1?
6. In Chapter 3 Willie says, "Do you suppose that some higher power doesn't want me in the Navy?" Why do you think he says this?
7. Why does the towline for the Caine end up getting cut?
8. What does Willie write in the love letter for which Chapter 39 is named?
9. What does Barney talk about during his toast at the celebration dinner?
10. Why does Keefer think it's a bad idea to talk to Admiral Halsey?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)