|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Caine sails out of San Francisco, it is missing how many men?
2. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
3. Who summons Willie from the Caine?
(a) Admiral Reynold.
(c) His mother.
(d) Lieutenant Keefer.
4. Willie's father dies from what?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) An infection.
5. Queeg insists the men will not dehydrate because they will get enough water from what?
(a) Their mess meals.
(b) The ice cream.
(c) Their daily water ration of 1 pint.
(d) Their coffee and soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many demerits does Willie receive for being late at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
3. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
4. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
5. Maryk grew up where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the two attorneys different during closing arguments?
2. According to Ensign Brain, why is it important for Willie to be on time?
3. Why does the author use the title "Through the Looking Glass" for Chapter 1?
4. What does Willie do after his dinner with Uncle Lloyd?
5. How does Queeg call attention away from his cowardly behavior at the end of Chapter 20?
6. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
7. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
8. What does Willie tell Maryk when Stilwell asks for emergency leave after receiving a telegram that his mother is sick?
9. What is May doing when Willie gets back from the war?
10. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)