|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(c) Captain Grace.
(d) Commander Frazer.
2. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
3. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
(a) The manual for the bridge.
(b) Its anchor.
(c) A target.
(d) The boatswain.
4. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
5. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
(b) Ice cream with maple syrup.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
2. When Maryk asks Keefer to go with him to see the medical officer of the Pluto, how does Keefer respond?
3. What do the sailors give De Vriess as a send off gift?
4. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
5. Willie doesn't really understand the language surrounding the maneuvers. What is one of the names that Carmody mentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's first impression of the USS Caine?
2. In Chapter 3 Willie says, "Do you suppose that some higher power doesn't want me in the Navy?" Why do you think he says this?
3. What does Willie write in the love letter for which Chapter 39 is named?
4. Why does Willie get in trouble in Chapter 12?
5. Tom Keefer explains his philosophy of the Navy to Willie. What is it?
6. Describe the circle of compliance.
7. Why does Queeg reprimand Willie about the typhoon?
8. What is Willie's role in Stilwell's court martial?
9. What does Willie find in the mail at Pearl?
10. What does Queeg do to insure that the men do not pass keys to friends on the Harte?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)