|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Willie send a message to using Morse code?
2. Maryk grew up where?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Keefer's brother, Tom.
(c) Ensign Brain.
(d) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
4. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(b) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
(c) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(d) He does 50 pushups.
5. Willie starts obsessing about what one night during watch in Chapter 24?
(a) An ice cream scoop.
(b) A monogrammed coffee mug.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
2. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
3. Where did Willie attend college?
4. May Wynn is of what descent?
5. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the New Jersey compare to the Caine?
2. When and where does Greenwald first meet Maryk?
3. Why does the author use the title "Through the Looking Glass" for Chapter 1?
4. What happens to Horrible?
5. What happens when the news of Japan's surrender is heard?
6. Why does Willie not wake up at the beginning of the typhoon?
7. What is the crew's first impression of Captain Queeg?
8. Why does Queeg reprimand Willie about the typhoon?
9. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
10. What is Captain White like?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)