|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(a) Yellow-bellied coward.
2. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
3. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) The shower.
(b) On deck.
(c) The galley.
(d) In the clip shack.
4. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
5. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
2. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
3. How does Roland Keefer die?
4. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
5. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie find in the mail at Pearl?
2. During the trial, what excuse does Queeg give for the towline incident?
3. Why does Willie decide to open his father's letter earlier than promised?
4. What is Captain White like?
5. How does Queeg determine that the strawberries are missing?
6. What does Queeg do to insure that the men do not pass keys to friends on the Harte?
7. What happens while Willie is distracted and watching Maryk swim out to recover the float?
8. Why does Keefer think it's a bad idea to talk to Admiral Halsey?
9. Why won't Queeg let Keefer leave the Caine to go visit his brother?
10. What explanation does Queeg give his superiors for losing the target?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)