|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Queeg restricts what for six months?
(d) Ice cream.
2. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(b) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(c) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
(d) He does 50 pushups.
3. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
(a) "Turn, Turn, Turn."
(b) "Sins of the Fathers."
(c) "Cain is Abel."
(d) "Multitudes, Multitudes."
4. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(b) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
(c) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(d) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
5. What is the location of Ulithi Atoll where the Caine is sent in Chapter 25?
(a) Halfway between Iwo Jima and Bimini.
(b) Halfway between Fiji and Bora Bora.
(c) Halfway between the Marshall Islands and Hawaii.
(d) Halfway between Guam and the Palaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
2. What is "Chadan"?
3. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
4. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
5. In Chapter 21, where does the Caine receive orders to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Willie give May for introducing her by her real name to his mother?
2. What is Keefer's testimony like?
3. Describe the circle of compliance.
4. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
5. During the trial, what excuse does Queeg give for the towline incident?
6. Challee asks Willie for specific examples of Queeg's odd behavior. Name some.
7. What is May doing when Willie gets back from the war?
8. At the very end of Chapter 21, Paynter brings what sort of report to Queeg?
9. What does Willie write in the love letter for which Chapter 39 is named?
10. Describe the scene the day after Queeg restricts everyone's water use.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)