|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
(a) Captain Faith.
(b) Captain Mercy.
(c) Captain Grace.
(d) Captain Hope.
2. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Sorting lines.
(b) Sleeping on watch.
(c) Reading a comic on watch.
(d) Dancing naked on the bridge.
3. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
4. May Wynn is of what descent?
5. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she is on the verge of death.
(b) That she is sick but not dying.
(c) That she has already died.
(d) That she isn't dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
2. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
4. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
5. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Greenwald first meet Maryk?
2. How were the two attorneys different during closing arguments?
3. What amenities does the destroyer have that the Caine does not?
4. Why does Willie decide to open his father's letter earlier than promised?
5. Describe the circle of compliance.
6. How did the other sailors on the Caine testify?
7. What happens while Willie is distracted and watching Maryk swim out to recover the float?
8. What happens to Horrible?
9. What does Willie do after his dinner with Uncle Lloyd?
10. What makes the members of the board change facial expression during the trial?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)