|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A compensation for his lack of courage.
(b) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(c) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(d) Two people arguing.
2. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
3. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
4. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Willie Keith.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Captain White.
(d) Tom Keefer.
5. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
6. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(a) Captain De Vriess.
(c) Captain Queeg.
7. How long does Willie sit and listen to May sing at the Grotto Club?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Three hours.
8. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) They ask a friend on the ship.
(b) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
(c) He always travels on the same boat.
(d) Keith deciphers a message.
9. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
(a) Because Willie liked Maryk better than him.
(b) Because Willie thought he was crazy.
(c) Because he picked on Willie.
(d) Because of the way he treated Stilwell.
10. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
11. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
(a) A way out of tough situations.
(b) Strict fathers and emotionally unavailable mothers.
(c) Compensation for emotional disturbance.
(d) A lack of intelligence.
12. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
(a) Bankruptcy law.
(b) Union cases.
(c) Criminal law.
(d) Indian cases.
13. What is the name of May's new boyfriend?
(a) Will Freedman.
(b) Eric Smith.
(c) Walter Feather.
(d) Walt Whitman.
14. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
(a) Mr. Keith.
(c) Captain Queeg.
(d) Captain De Vriess.
15. Where is Barney Greenwald from?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Manhattan, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
2. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
3. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
4. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
5. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)