|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(b) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(c) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
(d) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
2. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) An entire cake went missing.
(b) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
(c) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(d) The captain's log was stolen.
3. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Like getting blood from a turnip.
(b) Once in a blue moon.
(c) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
(d) Like taking candy from a baby.
4. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
5. During the storm, Willie finds how many soldiers crammed in the radio shack?
6. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
7. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) Keith deciphers a message.
(b) They ask a friend on the ship.
(c) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
(d) He always travels on the same boat.
8. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
9. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
(a) His face was green and petrified with terror.
(b) He left his post on the bridge.
(c) He curled up and started screaming.
(d) He kept yelling orders.
10. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(c) Mr. Keith.
(d) Captain Queeg.
11. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
12. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
(a) Typhoon Robert.
(b) Typhoon Camille.
(c) Typhoon Charlie.
(d) Typhoon William.
13. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
(a) Captain Breakstone.
(b) Lieutenant Commander Challee.
(c) Captain Blakely.
(d) Lieutenant Greenwald.
14. Whose wife keeps having dreams about typhoons?
15. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
(a) Compensation for emotional disturbance.
(b) Strict fathers and emotionally unavailable mothers.
(c) A way out of tough situations.
(d) A lack of intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
2. How does Queeg look when Barney calls him to the stand?
3. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
4. What was Captain Breakstone's dream?
5. What was Willie reading as the boat began to roll hard in Chapter 29?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)