|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) An entire cake went missing.
(b) The captain's log was stolen.
(c) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(d) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
2. When Queeg freezes up, what does he cling to?
(a) The wheel.
(b) The telegraph stand.
(c) His bunk.
(d) The crow's nest.
3. The Caine and Moulton are ordered to go where together?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
4. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
(a) Twenty-three hours and fifteen minutes.
(b) One hour and ten minutes.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Nine hours and forty-five minutes.
5. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
6. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
7. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
8. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
9. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Willie Keith.
(b) Tom Keefer.
(c) Captain White.
(d) Captain Queeg.
10. Whose wife keeps having dreams about typhoons?
11. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) A colossal sized storm.
(b) Nothing but sea spray.
(c) Nothing because they are broken.
(d) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
12. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
13. How many days before the war ends does the Caine finally sweep a mine?
(a) Two days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Seventeen days.
(d) Five days.
14. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
15. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
(a) Doing paper work.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Speaking with the admiral.
(d) Reading a comic book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
2. What question causes the court to be cleared during Queeg's testimony?
3. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
4. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
5. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)