|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Willie Keith.
(b) Captain White.
(c) Captain Queeg.
(d) Tom Keefer.
2. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
(a) Making a mutiny.
(d) Unlawful use of a distilling apparatus.
3. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Mr. Keith.
(d) Captain De Vriess.
4. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
(b) Admiral Williams.
(c) Roland Keefer.
5. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
6. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
(a) He refuses to answer any of the questions.
(b) He gets indignant and asks for redirection.
(c) He pulls the steel balls out of his pocket.
(d) He pulls out a cigarette.
7. What does Barney get Dr. Lundeen to admit is the problem with Queeg?
(a) A mental illness.
(b) A paranoid personality.
(c) A lack of forethought.
(d) A difficult situation at home.
8. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
(c) De Vriess'.
9. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
(a) Articles 184, 224, 336.
(b) Articles 2, 4, 6.
(c) Articles 1, 2, 3.
(d) Articles 184, 185, 186.
10. Maryk wants to turn in Queeg under which article?
11. On the way to Admiral Halsey's ship, the men see a lot of what?
(a) Japanese planes.
(b) Gray jellyfish.
(d) Sailors sunbathing.
12. How does Queeg look when Barney calls him to the stand?
(a) Small and haughty.
(b) Shifty and disheveled.
(c) Debonair and self-assured.
(d) Tired and aged.
13. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Like taking candy from a baby.
(b) Once in a blue moon.
(c) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
(d) Like getting blood from a turnip.
14. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
(a) On the beach as soon as the Caine got to shore.
(b) Once they got back to Pearl Harbor.
(c) As soon as they caught up with the Pluto, which had one on board.
(d) As soon as the storm died down, one was sent from another ship.
15. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
(a) The Biltmore.
(b) The St. George.
(c) The Fairmont.
(d) The Peabody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
2. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
3. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
4. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
5. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)