|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
(a) De Vriess.
2. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
(d) De Vriess'.
3. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
(a) 2 points.
(b) 9 points.
(c) 6 points.
(d) 14 points.
4. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
5. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(b) Speaking with the admiral.
(c) Doing paper work.
(d) Talking on the phone.
6. What was the result of Queeg's action in the Barzun incident?
(a) He received an unsatisfactory fitness report.
(b) He was docked $10 of pay.
(c) He was made mess treasurer.
(d) He received a letter of commendation.
7. After midnight on the day of the Kamikaze attack, what does Willie do?
(a) He finally eats a hot meal.
(b) He writes May a love letter.
(c) He conducts a funeral.
(d) He goes to sleep.
8. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
(a) Because of the way he treated Stilwell.
(b) Because Willie liked Maryk better than him.
(c) Because Willie thought he was crazy.
(d) Because he picked on Willie.
9. Barney Greenwald does what in the Navy?
(a) He's a medic.
(b) He's a communications officer.
(c) He's a fighter pilot.
(d) He's a cook.
10. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 30 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
11. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
(a) As tall as the battleships they were traveling with.
(b) As tall as pine trees.
(c) As tall as apartment houses.
(d) As tall as a two story house.
12. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
(a) The Marshalls.
13. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
(b) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(c) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(d) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
14. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
15. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question causes the court to be cleared during Queeg's testimony?
2. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
3. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
4. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
5. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)