|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May doing when Willie gets back to New York?
(a) She is at class.
(b) She is nursing her dad back to health.
(c) She is cutting an audition record.
(d) She is working at the fruit stand with her mother.
2. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
3. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Maryk's secret log.
(c) The key to the icebox.
4. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(b) A giant serpent eating him.
(c) Showing up for school without clothes.
(d) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
5. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
6. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
7. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
(a) He curled up and started screaming.
(b) His face was green and petrified with terror.
(c) He kept yelling orders.
(d) He left his post on the bridge.
8. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
9. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
10. Who joined Willie and his mother for dinner at Twenty-one?
(d) Uncle Lloyd.
11. What does Keefer take with him when he jumps off the ship?
(a) A life raft.
(b) His initialed coffee mug.
(c) The captain's log.
(d) His novel.
12. How many unopened bottles of champagne were there at the end of the party?
13. Whose wife keeps having dreams about typhoons?
14. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
(a) Nietze's "Beyond Good and Evil."
(b) "The Republic" by Plato.
(c) Voltaire's "Socrates."
(d) Pascal's "Pensees."
15. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
2. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
3. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
4. Why can't the Caine join the rest of the sweepers for the surrender ceremonies?
5. Barney Greenwald does what in the Navy?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)