|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
2. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
(a) "The Republic" by Plato.
(b) Nietze's "Beyond Good and Evil."
(c) Pascal's "Pensees."
(d) Voltaire's "Socrates."
3. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
(c) De Vriess.
4. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
5. Who is Challee's first witness?
(b) Willie Keith.
6. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 30 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
7. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
8. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
(a) He feels like he's reading a doctor's report that he's dying.
(b) He feels like he did when his father died.
(c) He feels like May just broke up with him.
(d) He feels like a worker who has just been fired.
9. What was Willie reading as the boat began to roll hard in Chapter 29?
(a) "The Old Curiosity Shop."
(b) "Moby Dick."
(d) "Mutiny on the Bounty."
10. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
11. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Maryk's secret log.
(d) The key to the icebox.
12. After midnight on the day of the Kamikaze attack, what does Willie do?
(a) He conducts a funeral.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He writes May a love letter.
(d) He finally eats a hot meal.
13. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
(a) Speaking with the admiral.
(b) Reading a comic book.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Doing paper work.
14. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
15. Maryk wants to turn in Queeg under which article?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
2. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
3. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
4. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
5. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)