|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
2. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
(a) He relieves the captain of his duties under Article 184.
(b) He stays aboard and gets the fire under control.
(c) He retires to his room and writes a letter to May.
(d) He yells overboard at Keefer and tries to fish him back aboard.
3. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Mr. Keith.
(d) Captain De Vriess.
4. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
5. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
(a) He puts his head in his hands.
(b) He grimaces horribly.
(c) He warns the defense to stop smearing a naval officer.
(d) He supports Challee's objection on the matter.
6. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
7. Barney Greenwald does what in the Navy?
(a) He's a communications officer.
(b) He's a medic.
(c) He's a fighter pilot.
(d) He's a cook.
8. What question causes the court to be cleared during Queeg's testimony?
(a) "Did Stilwell and Keith have an inappropriate relationship?"
(b) "Did you ever steam over your own towline and cut it?"
(c) "Did Maryk disobey a direct order to ballast the tanks?"
(d) "Did you illegally obtain liquor and bring it to the states?"
9. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
(a) Because he picked on Willie.
(b) Because Willie thought he was crazy.
(c) Because of the way he treated Stilwell.
(d) Because Willie liked Maryk better than him.
10. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
(a) He is an expert witness on ship handling.
(b) He is Stilwell's doctor.
(c) He is a psychiatrist.
(d) He is a fellow DMS captain.
11. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
(a) Voltaire's "Socrates."
(b) Nietze's "Beyond Good and Evil."
(c) "The Republic" by Plato.
(d) Pascal's "Pensees."
12. What does Keefer do after the Kamikaze attack?
(a) He oversees the firefighting.
(b) He commands over the P.A. system from the bridge.
(c) He goes to the wardroom and gets something to eat.
(d) He retires to his room and works on his novel.
13. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(b) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(c) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(d) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
14. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
(a) The Michigan.
(b) The New Jersey.
(c) The Colorado.
(d) The Arizona.
15. What does Barney get Dr. Lundeen to admit is the problem with Queeg?
(a) A difficult situation at home.
(b) A paranoid personality.
(c) A mental illness.
(d) A lack of forethought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Captain Breakstone's dream?
2. Whose wife keeps having dreams about typhoons?
3. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
4. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
5. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)