|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Willie sit and listen to May sing at the Grotto Club?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Five hours.
2. What does Keefer do after the Kamikaze attack?
(a) He goes to the wardroom and gets something to eat.
(b) He retires to his room and works on his novel.
(c) He commands over the P.A. system from the bridge.
(d) He oversees the firefighting.
3. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
(a) Because Willie liked Maryk better than him.
(b) Because of the way he treated Stilwell.
(c) Because Willie thought he was crazy.
(d) Because he picked on Willie.
4. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
5. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
(a) 14 points.
(b) 9 points.
(c) 2 points.
(d) 6 points.
6. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) Nothing because they are broken.
(b) Nothing but sea spray.
(c) A colossal sized storm.
(d) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
7. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
8. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
9. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
(a) On the beach as soon as the Caine got to shore.
(b) Once they got back to Pearl Harbor.
(c) As soon as they caught up with the Pluto, which had one on board.
(d) As soon as the storm died down, one was sent from another ship.
10. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) A masthead.
(b) Deck guns.
(c) A pelican hook.
(d) An anchor.
11. The Caine and Moulton are ordered to go where together?
(a) San Diego.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
12. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A compensation for his lack of courage.
(b) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(c) Two people arguing.
(d) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
13. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
14. Why can't the Caine join the rest of the sweepers for the surrender ceremonies?
(a) It is docked in Pearl Harbor.
(b) Its rudder is broken.
(c) Its boiler pumps are broken.
(d) It has been junked in Okinawa.
15. What is May doing when Willie gets back to New York?
(a) She is nursing her dad back to health.
(b) She is cutting an audition record.
(c) She is at class.
(d) She is working at the fruit stand with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
2. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
3. What does Keefer take with him when he jumps off the ship?
4. What can become useless in a typhoon?
5. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)