|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(b) A compensation for his lack of courage.
(c) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(d) Two people arguing.
2. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
3. Why can't the Caine join the rest of the sweepers for the surrender ceremonies?
(a) It has been junked in Okinawa.
(b) Its rudder is broken.
(c) Its boiler pumps are broken.
(d) It is docked in Pearl Harbor.
4. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) A masthead.
(b) A pelican hook.
(c) Deck guns.
(d) An anchor.
5. What is May doing when Willie gets back to New York?
(a) She is working at the fruit stand with her mother.
(b) She is cutting an audition record.
(c) She is nursing her dad back to health.
(d) She is at class.
6. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
(b) Once in a blue moon.
(c) Like getting blood from a turnip.
(d) Like taking candy from a baby.
7. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
(a) Bankruptcy law.
(b) Indian cases.
(c) Union cases.
(d) Criminal law.
8. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
9. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
(b) Admiral Williams.
(d) Roland Keefer.
10. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
(a) He congratulates him on his book.
(b) He holds up the acquittal notice.
(c) He spits in Keefer's face.
(d) He throws a glass of wine in Keefer's face.
11. Who states that Queeg's problem is an obsessive personality?
(a) Dr. Lundeen.
(d) Dr. Bird.
12. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
(a) The Arizona.
(b) The Colorado.
(c) The New Jersey.
(d) The Michigan.
13. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
14. The Caine and Moulton are ordered to go where together?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New Jersey.
15. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
(b) Making a mutiny.
(d) Unlawful use of a distilling apparatus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
2. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
3. Whom does the nickname "Old Swandive" refer to?
4. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
5. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)