|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
(a) He feels like he's reading a doctor's report that he's dying.
(b) He feels like May just broke up with him.
(c) He feels like a worker who has just been fired.
(d) He feels like he did when his father died.
2. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) Deck guns.
(b) An anchor.
(c) A pelican hook.
(d) A masthead.
3. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Captain White.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Willie Keith.
(d) Tom Keefer.
4. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) He always travels on the same boat.
(b) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
(c) They ask a friend on the ship.
(d) Keith deciphers a message.
5. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
(a) Typhoon William.
(b) Typhoon Charlie.
(c) Typhoon Robert.
(d) Typhoon Camille.
6. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
(b) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(c) A giant serpent eating him.
(d) Showing up for school without clothes.
7. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(b) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(c) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(d) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
8. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
9. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
10. Why does Queeg think that Willie hates him?
(a) Because Willie liked Maryk better than him.
(b) Because Willie thought he was crazy.
(c) Because he picked on Willie.
(d) Because of the way he treated Stilwell.
11. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
12. How many days before the war ends does the Caine finally sweep a mine?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Seventeen days.
13. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
(a) Unlawful use of a distilling apparatus.
(d) Making a mutiny.
14. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
(b) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(c) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
(d) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
15. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
2. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
3. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
4. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
5. Who is Challee's first witness?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)