|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boats are trying to refuel while the waves are how tall?
(a) As tall as apartment houses.
(b) As tall as a two story house.
(c) As tall as pine trees.
(d) As tall as the battleships they were traveling with.
2. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
3. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
(a) Typhoon Charlie.
(b) Typhoon Camille.
(c) Typhoon Robert.
(d) Typhoon William.
4. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
(a) The Michigan.
(b) The Arizona.
(c) The Colorado.
(d) The New Jersey.
5. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
6. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
7. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
(a) He is eating.
(b) He is meeting with the officers.
(c) He is on the bridge.
(d) He is reading.
8. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
(a) The St. George.
(b) The Peabody.
(c) The Fairmont.
(d) The Biltmore.
9. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
(a) He grimaces horribly.
(b) He supports Challee's objection on the matter.
(c) He warns the defense to stop smearing a naval officer.
(d) He puts his head in his hands.
10. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
(c) The Marshalls.
11. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) He always travels on the same boat.
(b) They ask a friend on the ship.
(c) Keith deciphers a message.
(d) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
12. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
13. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
(a) Nine hours and forty-five minutes.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) One hour and ten minutes.
(d) Twenty-three hours and fifteen minutes.
14. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(d) Captain Queeg.
15. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) Nothing but sea spray.
(b) A colossal sized storm.
(c) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
(d) Nothing because they are broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
2. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
3. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
4. How many unopened bottles of champagne were there at the end of the party?
5. When Queeg freezes up, what does he cling to?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)