|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
(b) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(c) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
(d) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
2. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
3. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
(a) His face was green and petrified with terror.
(b) He curled up and started screaming.
(c) He kept yelling orders.
(d) He left his post on the bridge.
4. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
(a) The Peabody.
(b) The St. George.
(c) The Biltmore.
(d) The Fairmont.
5. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) Deck guns.
(b) A masthead.
(c) A pelican hook.
(d) An anchor.
6. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(b) A compensation for his lack of courage.
(c) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(d) Two people arguing.
7. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
8. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
(a) "The Republic" by Plato.
(b) Voltaire's "Socrates."
(c) Pascal's "Pensees."
(d) Nietze's "Beyond Good and Evil."
9. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
10. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(b) The captain's log was stolen.
(c) An entire cake went missing.
(d) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
11. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
12. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(c) Captain De Vriess.
13. After midnight on the day of the Kamikaze attack, what does Willie do?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He finally eats a hot meal.
(c) He conducts a funeral.
(d) He writes May a love letter.
14. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Willie Keith.
(c) Tom Keefer.
(d) Captain White.
15. Whom does the nickname "Old Swandive" refer to?
(a) Admiral Halsey.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Captain Keefer.
(d) Captain Breakstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
2. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
3. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
4. The Caine and Moulton are ordered to go where together?
5. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)