|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Willie sit and listen to May sing at the Grotto Club?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
2. Who states that Queeg's problem is an obsessive personality?
(a) Dr. Lundeen.
(d) Dr. Bird.
3. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Tom Keefer.
(b) Captain White.
(c) Captain Queeg.
(d) Willie Keith.
4. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
(a) He feels like he's reading a doctor's report that he's dying.
(b) He feels like he did when his father died.
(c) He feels like a worker who has just been fired.
(d) He feels like May just broke up with him.
5. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) A pelican hook.
(b) A masthead.
(c) Deck guns.
(d) An anchor.
6. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(b) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(c) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
(d) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
7. Where is Barney Greenwald from?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Manhattan, New York.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
8. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
(a) Lieutenant Commander Challee.
(b) Lieutenant Greenwald.
(c) Captain Blakely.
(d) Captain Breakstone.
9. What does Keefer do after the Kamikaze attack?
(a) He commands over the P.A. system from the bridge.
(b) He goes to the wardroom and gets something to eat.
(c) He retires to his room and works on his novel.
(d) He oversees the firefighting.
10. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
11. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
(a) The Fairmont.
(b) The Peabody.
(c) The Biltmore.
(d) The St. George.
12. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) Nothing because they are broken.
(b) A colossal sized storm.
(c) Nothing but sea spray.
(d) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
13. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
(a) He supports Challee's objection on the matter.
(b) He warns the defense to stop smearing a naval officer.
(c) He grimaces horribly.
(d) He puts his head in his hands.
14. Which yeoman reports that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
15. Who is Challee's first witness?
(c) Willie Keith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
2. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
3. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
4. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
5. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)