|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
2. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
3. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(c) Captain De Vriess.
4. Whose wife keeps having dreams about typhoons?
5. On the way to Admiral Halsey's ship, the men see a lot of what?
(b) Sailors sunbathing.
(c) Gray jellyfish.
(d) Japanese planes.
6. When Queeg freezes up, what does he cling to?
(a) The telegraph stand.
(b) The crow's nest.
(c) The wheel.
(d) His bunk.
7. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
8. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
(b) Showing up for school without clothes.
(c) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(d) A giant serpent eating him.
9. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
(a) He is a fellow DMS captain.
(b) He is Stilwell's doctor.
(c) He is an expert witness on ship handling.
(d) He is a psychiatrist.
10. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
(b) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(c) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
(d) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
11. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) Two people arguing.
(b) A compensation for his lack of courage.
(c) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(d) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
12. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
13. What was Captain Breakstone's dream?
(a) To command a transport.
(b) To be the best lawyer in the Navy.
(c) To fly on a carrier.
(d) To command a battleship.
14. Who states that Queeg's problem is an obsessive personality?
(b) Dr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Lundeen.
15. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
(a) He is eating.
(b) He is meeting with the officers.
(c) He is reading.
(d) He is on the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
2. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
3. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
4. What question causes the court to be cleared during Queeg's testimony?
5. What does Barney get Dr. Lundeen to admit is the problem with Queeg?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)