|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) The captain's log was stolen.
(b) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(c) An entire cake went missing.
(d) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
2. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
(b) Like getting blood from a turnip.
(c) Like taking candy from a baby.
(d) Once in a blue moon.
3. What does Keefer take with him when he jumps off the ship?
(a) A life raft.
(b) The captain's log.
(c) His initialed coffee mug.
(d) His novel.
4. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
(a) In his two fitness reports.
(b) In a recommendation for a medal.
(c) In his meeting with Admiral Halsey.
(d) In his recommendation for promotion.
5. The book describes Willie's home as being the same except for what?
(a) The lawn was not as well kept.
(b) His dad's office was no longer there.
(c) The smell of his dad's cigars.
(d) His room had been redecorated.
6. How long does the court debate over the verdict?
(a) One hour and ten minutes.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Twenty-three hours and fifteen minutes.
(d) Nine hours and forty-five minutes.
7. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
(a) Admiral Williams.
(b) Roland Keefer.
8. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
9. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
(a) Indian cases.
(b) Union cases.
(c) Criminal law.
(d) Bankruptcy law.
10. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
(b) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(c) A giant serpent eating him.
(d) Showing up for school without clothes.
11. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
12. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
13. Maryk wants to turn in Queeg under which article?
14. What is the name of the ship that Admiral Halsey is on?
(a) The Michigan.
(b) The Arizona.
(c) The Colorado.
(d) The New Jersey.
15. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
2. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
3. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
4. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
5. Who is convinced that a duplicate key has been made, and that is how the crime took place?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)