|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
(c) De Vriess.
2. Whom does the nickname "Old Swandive" refer to?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Admiral Halsey.
(c) Captain Keefer.
(d) Captain Breakstone.
3. What does Keefer take with him when he jumps off the ship?
(a) His novel.
(b) His initialed coffee mug.
(c) A life raft.
(d) The captain's log.
4. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
5. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
6. Who does Willie see when the Moulton comes alongside the Caine?
(b) Admiral Williams.
(d) Roland Keefer.
7. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
(b) Mr. Keith.
(c) Captain De Vriess.
(d) Captain Queeg.
8. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
(a) Strict fathers and emotionally unavailable mothers.
(b) A way out of tough situations.
(c) Compensation for emotional disturbance.
(d) A lack of intelligence.
9. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) Two people arguing.
(b) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(c) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(d) A compensation for his lack of courage.
10. What reason does Willie give for Stilwell's mental collapse?
(a) The boat almost going down in the typhoon.
(b) Queeg's persecution.
(c) His stateside leave being suspended.
(d) The loss of his marriage.
11. What is the name of May's new boyfriend?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Eric Smith.
(c) Walter Feather.
(d) Will Freedman.
12. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
(a) He feels like May just broke up with him.
(b) He feels like he did when his father died.
(c) He feels like a worker who has just been fired.
(d) He feels like he's reading a doctor's report that he's dying.
13. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
14. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) A masthead.
(b) Deck guns.
(c) An anchor.
(d) A pelican hook.
15. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
2. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
3. The Caine and Moulton are ordered to go where together?
4. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
5. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)