|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, whose old roommate secures a special treat for the men of the Caine?
2. What question causes the court to be cleared during Queeg's testimony?
(a) "Did Stilwell and Keith have an inappropriate relationship?"
(b) "Did Maryk disobey a direct order to ballast the tanks?"
(c) "Did you illegally obtain liquor and bring it to the states?"
(d) "Did you ever steam over your own towline and cut it?"
3. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
(a) Compensation for emotional disturbance.
(b) A way out of tough situations.
(c) Strict fathers and emotionally unavailable mothers.
(d) A lack of intelligence.
4. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
5. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) An anchor.
(b) A masthead.
(c) Deck guns.
(d) A pelican hook.
6. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
(d) De Vriess.
7. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(b) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
(c) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(d) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
8. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
(a) He holds up the acquittal notice.
(b) He spits in Keefer's face.
(c) He throws a glass of wine in Keefer's face.
(d) He congratulates him on his book.
9. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
(a) Union cases.
(b) Bankruptcy law.
(c) Indian cases.
(d) Criminal law.
10. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
(a) He is an expert witness on ship handling.
(b) He is a psychiatrist.
(c) He is Stilwell's doctor.
(d) He is a fellow DMS captain.
11. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
(b) They ask a friend on the ship.
(c) Keith deciphers a message.
(d) He always travels on the same boat.
12. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
(a) He kept yelling orders.
(b) He left his post on the bridge.
(c) His face was green and petrified with terror.
(d) He curled up and started screaming.
13. Barney Greenwald does what in the Navy?
(a) He's a cook.
(b) He's a communications officer.
(c) He's a fighter pilot.
(d) He's a medic.
14. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
15. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
(b) De Vriess'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which yeoman reports that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
2. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
3. When Queeg reprimands Willie about plotting charts instead of decoding storm messages, how much had the barometer dropped?
4. What can become useless in a typhoon?
5. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)