|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
(a) As soon as they caught up with the Pluto, which had one on board.
(b) Once they got back to Pearl Harbor.
(c) As soon as the storm died down, one was sent from another ship.
(d) On the beach as soon as the Caine got to shore.
2. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
(a) Captain Blakely.
(b) Lieutenant Greenwald.
(c) Lieutenant Commander Challee.
(d) Captain Breakstone.
3. Who states that Queeg's problem is an obsessive personality?
(b) Dr. Bird.
(d) Dr. Lundeen.
4. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
5. When Queeg freezes up, what does he cling to?
(a) The wheel.
(b) The crow's nest.
(c) The telegraph stand.
(d) His bunk.
6. After Keefer jumps, what does Willie do?
(a) He stays aboard and gets the fire under control.
(b) He relieves the captain of his duties under Article 184.
(c) He yells overboard at Keefer and tries to fish him back aboard.
(d) He retires to his room and writes a letter to May.
7. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
(a) One day.
(b) The storm doesn't affect the kitchen.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
8. How long does Willie sit and listen to May sing at the Grotto Club?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
9. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 30 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
10. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
11. What was Willie reading as the boat began to roll hard in Chapter 29?
(a) "The Old Curiosity Shop."
(b) "Mutiny on the Bounty."
(c) "Moby Dick."
12. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) An anchor.
(b) A pelican hook.
(c) Deck guns.
(d) A masthead.
13. How many unopened bottles of champagne were there at the end of the party?
14. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
(a) Articles 184, 224, 336.
(b) Articles 184, 185, 186.
(c) Articles 1, 2, 3.
(d) Articles 2, 4, 6.
15. Maryk wants to turn in Queeg under which article?
Short Answer Questions
1. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
2. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
3. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
4. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
5. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)