|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Captain Breakstone's dream?
(a) To fly on a carrier.
(b) To command a battleship.
(c) To command a transport.
(d) To be the best lawyer in the Navy.
2. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) The captain's log was stolen.
(b) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(c) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
(d) An entire cake went missing.
3. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
(a) Typhoon Camille.
(b) Typhoon Robert.
(c) Typhoon William.
(d) Typhoon Charlie.
4. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) The key to the icebox.
(d) Maryk's secret log.
5. Who puts a pair of steel balls on Keefer's bed?
6. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
7. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
(a) He pulls the steel balls out of his pocket.
(b) He pulls out a cigarette.
(c) He refuses to answer any of the questions.
(d) He gets indignant and asks for redirection.
8. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Tom Keefer.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) Willie Keith.
(d) Captain White.
9. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
10. Where does Keefer take everyone to celebrate?
(a) The Fairmont.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) The St. George.
(d) The Peabody.
11. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Like getting blood from a turnip.
(b) Like taking candy from a baby.
(c) Once in a blue moon.
(d) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
12. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
13. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
14. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
15. For how many weeks was Queeg observed for signs of insanity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
2. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
3. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
4. Maryk wants to turn in Queeg under which article?
5. What does Keefer take with him when he jumps off the ship?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)