|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
(b) The Marshalls.
2. How many keys does Willie take to the captain after Willie interviews all the men in his department?
3. After midnight on the day of the Kamikaze attack, what does Willie do?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He finally eats a hot meal.
(c) He conducts a funeral.
(d) He writes May a love letter.
4. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
(a) Maryk's secret log.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) The key to the icebox.
5. Queeg tells Keefer he thinks the thief is who?
6. How long does Willie sit and listen to May sing at the Grotto Club?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
7. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
8. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Captain White.
(b) Willie Keith.
(c) Tom Keefer.
(d) Captain Queeg.
9. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) A pelican hook.
(b) An anchor.
(c) A masthead.
(d) Deck guns.
10. Maryk testifies that he had the authority to relieve Captain Queeg according to which three articles?
(a) Articles 184, 185, 186.
(b) Articles 2, 4, 6.
(c) Articles 1, 2, 3.
(d) Articles 184, 224, 336.
11. Which yeoman reports that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
12. How much did Greenwald make four years out of law school?
13. Who joined Willie and his mother for dinner at Twenty-one?
(b) Uncle Lloyd.
14. The book describes Willie's home as being the same except for what?
(a) The smell of his dad's cigars.
(b) His dad's office was no longer there.
(c) His room had been redecorated.
(d) The lawn was not as well kept.
15. Who expects to prove Maryk guilty?
(a) Captain Breakstone.
(b) Lieutenant Commander Challee.
(c) Captain Blakely.
(d) Lieutenant Greenwald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said Willie would be okay after his behind had been kicked bloody?
2. Whom does the nickname "Old Swandive" refer to?
3. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
4. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
5. Who tells Willie that the mess boys ate the strawberries?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)