|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maryk know that Admiral Halsey is anchored near the Caine?
(a) He always travels on the same boat.
(b) They ask a friend on the ship.
(c) Keith deciphers a message.
(d) A four star flag is flying on one of the nearby ships.
2. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
(a) He curled up and started screaming.
(b) He left his post on the bridge.
(c) His face was green and petrified with terror.
(d) He kept yelling orders.
3. Who is the last Captain of the Caine?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Willie Keith.
(c) Captain White.
(d) Tom Keefer.
4. Under what article does Maryk relieve Queeg?
(a) Article 225 of Navy Regulations.
(b) Article 184 of Navy Regulations.
(c) Article 1 of Navy Regulations.
(d) Article 36 of Navy Regulations.
5. What is Barney's specialty outside of the Navy?
(a) Criminal law.
(b) Bankruptcy law.
(c) Union cases.
(d) Indian cases.
6. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
(a) One day.
(b) The storm doesn't affect the kitchen.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
7. Where is Barney Greenwald from?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
8. What is the sailor in the Flag Lieutenant's office doing when they arrive?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(b) Speaking with the admiral.
(c) Doing paper work.
(d) Talking on the phone.
9. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
(a) He refuses to answer any of the questions.
(b) He pulls out a cigarette.
(c) He pulls the steel balls out of his pocket.
(d) He gets indignant and asks for redirection.
10. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
(c) De Vriess'.
11. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) Nothing but sea spray.
(b) A colossal sized storm.
(c) Nothing because they are broken.
(d) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
12. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(b) Two people arguing.
(c) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(d) A compensation for his lack of courage.
13. What is the name of the typhoon approaching the Caine in Chapter 27?
(a) Typhoon Charlie.
(b) Typhoon Robert.
(c) Typhoon Camille.
(d) Typhoon William.
14. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) The key to the icebox.
(d) Maryk's secret log.
15. On the way to Admiral Halsey's ship, the men see a lot of what?
(a) Sailors sunbathing.
(b) Gray jellyfish.
(c) Japanese planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Admiral Halsey commits to an air strike in support of what?
2. What was Willie reading as the boat began to roll hard in Chapter 29?
3. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
4. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
5. What is the name of May's new boyfriend?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)