|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willie doing when he hears the news of Japan's surrender?
(a) He is meeting with the officers.
(b) He is eating.
(c) He is on the bridge.
(d) He is reading.
2. What was the result of Queeg's action in the Barzun incident?
(a) He received a letter of commendation.
(b) He was docked $10 of pay.
(c) He was made mess treasurer.
(d) He received an unsatisfactory fitness report.
3. In what did Queeg acknowledge that Maryk was an excellent sailor?
(a) In his recommendation for promotion.
(b) In his two fitness reports.
(c) In a recommendation for a medal.
(d) In his meeting with Admiral Halsey.
4. What reason does Willie give for Stilwell's mental collapse?
(a) Queeg's persecution.
(b) The boat almost going down in the typhoon.
(c) His stateside leave being suspended.
(d) The loss of his marriage.
5. To what does Bird compare Queeg's ball rolling?
(a) A subconscious effort to be in charge.
(b) Fondling poisonous pellets of feces.
(c) Two people arguing.
(d) A compensation for his lack of courage.
6. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
(b) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
(c) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(d) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
7. What does Greenwald keep drawing on his legal pad?
8. Who does Willie hear is running a supply depot in Stuber Forks, Iowa?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
9. Halsey's ship has what that is as big as the Caine's main guns?
(a) An anchor.
(b) Deck guns.
(c) A pelican hook.
(d) A masthead.
10. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
(a) Once they got back to Pearl Harbor.
(b) As soon as they caught up with the Pluto, which had one on board.
(c) As soon as the storm died down, one was sent from another ship.
(d) On the beach as soon as the Caine got to shore.
11. From which book does this quote come? "Life is a dream, a little more coherent than most."
(a) "The Republic" by Plato.
(b) Voltaire's "Socrates."
(c) Nietze's "Beyond Good and Evil."
(d) Pascal's "Pensees."
12. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
13. Who is Challee's first witness?
(d) Willie Keith.
14. Admiral Halsey commits to an air strike in support of what?
(a) Admiral Nimitz's landing at Iwo Jima.
(b) General Bradley's Battle of Midway.
(c) General MacArthur's Mindoro landing.
(d) General MacArthur's taking of Guadalcanal.
15. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) An entire cake went missing.
(b) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
(c) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(d) The captain's log was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can become useless in a typhoon?
2. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
3. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
4. What goes missing in Chapter 26?
5. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)