|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Blakely do when Willie starts telling about the loss of the crate of liquor?
(a) He grimaces horribly.
(b) He supports Challee's objection on the matter.
(c) He puts his head in his hands.
(d) He warns the defense to stop smearing a naval officer.
2. What does Greenwald do during his toast to Keefer?
(a) He holds up the acquittal notice.
(b) He spits in Keefer's face.
(c) He throws a glass of wine in Keefer's face.
(d) He congratulates him on his book.
3. Who is the grand historical figure in Willie's life?
4. What is awaiting the guests at the celebration party?
(a) Copies of "Multitudes, Multitudes" for everyone.
(b) A green-iced cake in the shape of a book.
(c) An ice sculpture of the Caine.
(d) A pair of steel balls for each guest.
5. What finally gets Queeg to admit to the crate full of liquor?
(a) Barney tells Queeg he'll bring the men in one by one to testify.
(b) Barney corners him and threatens a court martial.
(c) Barney threatens to have it retrieved from the bay and brought in.
(d) Barney offers to call the carpenter's mate who built it.
6. What does the Naval Courts and Boards start with?
(a) Making a mutiny.
(d) Unlawful use of a distilling apparatus.
7. What was Captain Breakstone's dream?
(a) To fly on a carrier.
(b) To be the best lawyer in the Navy.
(c) To command a transport.
(d) To command a battleship.
8. Who is captain of the Caine when the Kamikaze hits?
(b) De Vriess.
9. When was Queeg first examined by a psychiatrist?
(a) As soon as they caught up with the Pluto, which had one on board.
(b) As soon as the storm died down, one was sent from another ship.
(c) Once they got back to Pearl Harbor.
(d) On the beach as soon as the Caine got to shore.
10. Which potential witness is left in a vegetative state after shock therapy?
11. What metaphor does Barney Greenwald use to describe his legal tricks?
(a) Once in a blue moon.
(b) Like taking candy from a baby.
(c) Like getting blood from a turnip.
(d) Like shooting fish in a barrel.
12. During the storm, how many days do the sailors go without hot food?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) The storm doesn't affect the kitchen.
(d) One day.
13. According to Queeg, what happened in Barzun in 1937?
(a) The captain's log was stolen.
(b) Five pounds of cheese disappeared.
(c) 50 fried chickens disappeared.
(d) An entire cake went missing.
14. What is the name of May's new boyfriend?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Walter Feather.
(c) Eric Smith.
(d) Will Freedman.
15. How long is Willie on the bridge while the typhoon brushes Tokyo?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storm, Willie finds how many soldiers crammed in the radio shack?
2. What was the result of Queeg's action in the Barzun incident?
3. When Barney asks about the day of the typhoon, how does Queeg react?
4. According to Willie's testimony, how much money does Queeg extort from him?
5. Where is the Caine anchored when Captain Queeg begins his search?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)