|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Eleven days.
2. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
(a) Captain Mercy.
(b) Captain Grace.
(c) Captain Faith.
(d) Captain Hope.
3. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
(a) "The Art of Self-Defense: A Sailor's Guide to Court Martial."
(b) "Military Justice: How to Get a Fair Shake."
(c) "Courts and Boards."
(d) "The Navy Guide of Court Martials."
4. What is the location of Ulithi Atoll where the Caine is sent in Chapter 25?
(a) Halfway between the Marshall Islands and Hawaii.
(b) Halfway between Iwo Jima and Bimini.
(c) Halfway between Guam and the Palaus.
(d) Halfway between Fiji and Bora Bora.
5. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(b) That his orders have been changed.
(c) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(d) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
6. Where did Willie attend college?
7. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
8. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
(b) Climb out the open window.
(c) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(d) Squeeze underneath his bed.
9. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
10. How does Roland Keefer die?
(a) Blood loss.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) A staph infection.
11. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
12. How many midshipmen gather for the review of the troops?
(c) Everyone in Furnald Hall.
13. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
14. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
(b) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
(c) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(d) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
15. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain de Vriess tells Captain Queeg that he is next hoping for what type of duty?
2. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
3. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
4. May Wynn is of what descent?
5. In Chapter 19, the Caine is sent to help capture what island?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)