|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
(a) "Cain is Abel."
(b) "Sins of the Fathers."
(c) "Turn, Turn, Turn."
(d) "Multitudes, Multitudes."
2. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Climb out the open window.
(b) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(c) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
(d) Squeeze underneath his bed.
4. Where did Willie attend college?
5. Willie doesn't really understand the language surrounding the maneuvers. What is one of the names that Carmody mentions?
(a) Fred Runs.
(b) Candlestick Runs.
(c) Zebra Runs.
(d) Giraffe Runs.
6. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
(a) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) The Navy Cross.
(c) The Bronze Star.
(d) A Purple Heart.
7. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
8. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(b) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(c) That his orders have been changed.
(d) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
9. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
(a) The Sequoia.
(b) The Pines.
(c) The Oaks.
(d) The Stout.
10. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
11. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
(a) He doesn't. He orders Stilwell to circle the bridge.
12. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keith makes the highest score.
(b) Keggs gets bilged.
(c) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
(d) Keefer makes the highest score.
13. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
14. How does Roland Keefer die?
(a) A staph infection.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Blood loss.
15. In Chapter 21, where does the Caine receive orders to go?
(a) Bimini Atoll.
(b) Fiji Atoll.
(c) Bikini Atoll.
(d) Funafuti Atoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Chadan"?
2. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
3. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
4. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
5. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)