|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maryk grew up where?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
2. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
(a) 72 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 96 hours.
3. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
(a) Staff, Atlantic.
(b) Mine Disposal Training
(c) Submarine, Pacific.
(d) Staff, Pacific.
4. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A psychopathic personality.
(c) A major depressive personality.
(d) A split personality.
5. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
6. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she is sick but not dying.
(b) That she has already died.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she isn't dying.
7. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
8. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
9. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(b) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(c) That his orders have been changed.
(d) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
10. Willie's father dies from what?
(a) An infection.
(d) Lung cancer.
11. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) The shower.
(b) In the clip shack.
(c) The galley.
(d) On deck.
12. What is the name of Keefer's date?
(a) Tootsie Weaver.
(b) Rollete Baskinworth.
(c) Lily Loom.
(d) May Wynn.
13. What does the Navy find during Willie's physical?
(b) Flat arches.
14. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
(a) To make two sketches of the Caine.
(b) To assemble and disassemble his rifle.
(c) To list every man assigned to the ship.
(d) To write an essay on the history of the ship.
15. When the Caine is finally ready to go out in open waters with its new captain, what book does Captain Queeg bring with him to the bridge?
(a) "Moby Dick."
(b) Goethe's "Faust."
(c) One of Captain de Vriess' mysteries.
(d) "On a Destroyer's Bridge."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, the Caine is sent to help capture what island?
2. Only two people knew the Caine's mission. Who were they?
3. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
4. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
5. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)