|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
(a) The Pines.
(b) The Oaks.
(c) The Stout.
(d) The Sequoia.
2. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(b) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(c) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
(d) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
3. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
(b) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
(c) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
(d) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
4. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A split personality.
(c) A psychopathic personality.
(d) A major depressive personality.
5. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
(b) He doesn't read.
(c) Classic literature.
(d) Navy procedures.
6. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his orders have been changed.
(b) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(c) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(d) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
7. May Wynn is of what descent?
8. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keith makes the highest score.
(b) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
(c) Keggs gets bilged.
(d) Keefer makes the highest score.
9. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
10. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
(a) Captain Hope.
(b) Captain Grace.
(c) Captain Mercy.
(d) Captain Faith.
11. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
(a) Submarine, Pacific.
(b) Staff, Pacific.
(c) Mine Disposal Training
(d) Staff, Atlantic.
12. Where did Willie attend college?
13. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
14. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
(b) Ensign Brain.
(d) Keefer's brother, Tom.
15. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
(a) Clean the deck.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Stand watch.
(d) Eat ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maryk asks Keefer to go with him to see the medical officer of the Pluto, how does Keefer respond?
2. What two personal items does Willie have when he unpacks in San Francisco?
3. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
4. How does Roland Keefer die?
5. What is the name of Keefer's date?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)