|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie doesn't really understand the language surrounding the maneuvers. What is one of the names that Carmody mentions?
(a) Fred Runs.
(b) Giraffe Runs.
(c) Candlestick Runs.
(d) Zebra Runs.
2. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(a) Napa Valley.
(c) China Town.
3. When the Caine sails out of San Francisco, it is missing how many men?
4. In Chapter 19, the Caine is sent to help capture what island?
(a) Kwajalein Atoll.
(b) Fiji Atoll.
(c) Morimoto Atoll.
(d) Henbeii Atoll.
5. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keggs gets bilged.
(b) Keith makes the highest score.
(c) Keefer makes the highest score.
(d) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
6. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
7. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
(b) Squeeze underneath his bed.
(c) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(d) Climb out the open window.
8. Who disagrees with Queeg's handling of the attack of the Stanfield?
9. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
10. Queeg insists the men will not dehydrate because they will get enough water from what?
(a) The ice cream.
(b) Their coffee and soup.
(c) Their daily water ration of 1 pint.
(d) Their mess meals.
11. Captain de Vriess tells Captain Queeg that he is next hoping for what type of duty?
(a) Staff command at Pearl Harbor.
(b) New construction.
(c) DMS school in San Diego.
(d) A supply depot in Utah.
12. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
(a) 72 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 96 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
13. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
14. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
15. What is the name of the luxurious destroyer that the Caine is secured to?
(a) The Saturn.
(b) The Pluto.
(c) The Roosevelt.
(d) The Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. May Wynn is of what descent?
2. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
3. Willie's father dies from what?
4. Only two people knew the Caine's mission. Who were they?
5. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)