|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harding vomit into?
(a) His shirt pocket.
(b) Willie's hat.
(c) His hat.
(d) A canteen.
2. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A major depressive personality.
(b) A psychopathic personality.
(c) A sociopath.
(d) A split personality.
3. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
4. What is the name of the luxurious destroyer that the Caine is secured to?
(a) The Roosevelt.
(b) The Cadillac.
(c) The Pluto.
(d) The Saturn.
5. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Eleven days.
6. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(b) He does 50 pushups.
(c) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(d) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
7. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) UC Davis.
(d) San Francisco State.
8. When Maryk asks Keefer to go with him to see the medical officer of the Pluto, how does Keefer respond?
(a) He refuses to go.
(b) He's evasive and won't give a straight answer.
(c) He says he'll go as soon as Queeg is asleep.
(d) He goes with him right away.
9. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 25 minutes.
10. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
11. Who gets made fun of for having a liaison in Australia with a girl who has lots of moles?
12. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she is sick but not dying.
(b) That she isn't dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she has already died.
13. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
(b) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
(c) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
(d) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
14. What is the location of Ulithi Atoll where the Caine is sent in Chapter 25?
(a) Halfway between Guam and the Palaus.
(b) Halfway between the Marshall Islands and Hawaii.
(c) Halfway between Fiji and Bora Bora.
(d) Halfway between Iwo Jima and Bimini.
15. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Willie attend college?
2. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
3. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
4. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
5. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)