|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland Keefer die?
(a) A staph infection.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Blood loss.
2. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
3. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Keefer's brother, Tom.
(b) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
(c) Ensign Brain.
4. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
(b) He does 50 pushups.
(c) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(d) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
5. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) The galley.
(b) In the clip shack.
(c) The shower.
(d) On deck.
6. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Sleeping on watch.
(b) Reading a comic on watch.
(c) Sorting lines.
(d) Dancing naked on the bridge.
7. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(b) Squeeze underneath his bed.
(c) Climb out the open window.
(d) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
8. When Maryk asks Keefer to go with him to see the medical officer of the Pluto, how does Keefer respond?
(a) He says he'll go as soon as Queeg is asleep.
(b) He's evasive and won't give a straight answer.
(c) He refuses to go.
(d) He goes with him right away.
9. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she has already died.
(b) That she isn't dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she is sick but not dying.
10. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
11. May Wynn is of what descent?
12. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(c) Gin rummy.
13. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
(a) Eat ice cream.
(b) Clean the deck.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Stand watch.
14. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
(a) "The Art of Self-Defense: A Sailor's Guide to Court Martial."
(b) "The Navy Guide of Court Martials."
(c) "Courts and Boards."
(d) "Military Justice: How to Get a Fair Shake."
15. What two personal items does Willie have when he unpacks in San Francisco?
(a) A record of May singing and a letter from his dad.
(b) A good luck charm from May and a letter from his dad.
(c) A letter from May and spending money from his mom.
(d) A letter from May and a letter from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
2. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
3. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
4. Maryk grew up where?
5. What type of place is Willie's family home?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)