|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
2. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
4. When the Caine sails out of San Francisco, it is missing how many men?
5. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
6. How does Queeg wants things done?
(a) The Navy way.
(b) The wrong way.
(c) His way.
(d) The right way.
7. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
(a) Captain Grace.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Captain De Vriess.
(d) Commander Frazer.
8. Who gets made fun of for having a liaison in Australia with a girl who has lots of moles?
9. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
(a) Captain De Vriess.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(d) Admiral Raymond.
10. At the end of Chapter 23, Maryk is in his bunk reading what book?
(a) "Mental Disorders."
(b) "How To Know Your Captain Is Crazy."
(c) "The Navy Code of Health."
(d) "The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Illness."
11. Willie's father dies from what?
(b) An infection.
(d) Lung cancer.
12. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
(a) "The Floss and the Mill."
(b) "Bleak House."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Clockwork Orange."
13. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she is sick but not dying.
(b) That she isn't dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she has already died.
14. What is the third set of orders the Caine receives after Queeg takes command?
(a) They are to go stateside for an overhaul.
(b) They are to head to the Marshall Islands.
(c) They are to do rigorous target training near Pearl.
(d) They are to go to DMS training in San Diego.
15. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
(a) The Sequoia.
(b) The Pines.
(c) The Stout.
(d) The Oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
2. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
3. What do the sailors give De Vriess as a send off gift?
4. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
5. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)