|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
2. In Chapter 21, where does the Caine receive orders to go?
(a) Bimini Atoll.
(b) Bikini Atoll.
(c) Fiji Atoll.
(d) Funafuti Atoll.
3. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
4. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
(b) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(c) Climb out the open window.
(d) Squeeze underneath his bed.
5. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) On deck.
(b) In the clip shack.
(c) The shower.
(d) The galley.
6. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
(a) Its anchor.
(b) A target.
(c) The manual for the bridge.
(d) The boatswain.
7. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(a) Gin rummy.
8. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
(a) Staff, Pacific.
(b) Staff, Atlantic.
(c) Mine Disposal Training
(d) Submarine, Pacific.
9. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
(a) Captain De Vriess.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Captain Grace.
(d) Commander Frazer.
10. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Ensign Brain.
(b) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
(d) Keefer's brother, Tom.
11. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
(b) Small groups of Navy seals.
12. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
13. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
14. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
15. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
2. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
3. Willie's father dies from what?
4. How many demerits does Willie receive for being late at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Willie is assigned a bunk in the clip shack, a metal box on the main deck. How hot is it in the clip shack?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)