|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
2. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
(b) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
(c) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
(d) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
3. Where did Willie attend college?
4. Willie's father dies from what?
(b) An infection.
(c) Lung cancer.
5. Only two people knew the Caine's mission. Who were they?
(a) Maryk and Willie.
(b) Captain Queeg and Willie.
(c) Captain Queeg and Keefer.
(d) Captain Queeg and Maryk.
6. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she has already died.
(b) That she is sick but not dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she isn't dying.
7. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
(a) The sailors.
(d) The officers.
8. In Chapter 21, where does the Caine receive orders to go?
(a) Bimini Atoll.
(b) Fiji Atoll.
(c) Bikini Atoll.
(d) Funafuti Atoll.
9. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keggs gets bilged.
(b) Keefer makes the highest score.
(c) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
(d) Keith makes the highest score.
10. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(b) Yellow-bellied coward.
11. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) San Francisco State.
(b) UC Davis.
12. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
(a) "Military Justice: How to Get a Fair Shake."
(b) "The Art of Self-Defense: A Sailor's Guide to Court Martial."
(c) "The Navy Guide of Court Martials."
(d) "Courts and Boards."
13. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
(a) Captain Queeg.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(d) Admiral Raymond.
14. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
15. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(b) That his orders have been changed.
(c) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(d) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
2. What is the name of Keefer's date?
3. What does the Caine lose on its very first target towing duty trip?
4. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
5. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)