|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keefer makes the highest score.
(b) Keith makes the highest score.
(c) Keggs gets bilged.
(d) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
2. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
(b) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(c) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(d) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
3. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(b) Napa Valley.
(c) China Town.
4. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) In the clip shack.
(b) The galley.
(c) On deck.
(d) The shower.
5. When Maryk comes to Keefer to talk about Queeg, what is Keefer reading?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
6. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
(a) The Pines.
(b) The Sequoia.
(c) The Stout.
(d) The Oaks.
7. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
(a) Clean the deck.
(b) Eat ice cream.
(c) Stand watch.
(d) Play cards.
8. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A psychopathic personality.
(c) A split personality.
(d) A major depressive personality.
9. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
(a) Captain Hope.
(b) Captain Grace.
(c) Captain Mercy.
(d) Captain Faith.
10. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) Ice cream with maple syrup.
11. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
12. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(a) Yellow-bellied coward.
13. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
14. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
15. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
(a) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) A Purple Heart.
(c) The Bronze Star.
(d) The Navy Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
2. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
3. When the Caine is finally ready to go out in open waters with its new captain, what book does Captain Queeg bring with him to the bridge?
4. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
5. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)