|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Willie send a message to using Morse code?
2. What is Willie's first choice for duty?
(a) Mine Disposal Training
(b) Staff, Atlantic.
(c) Submarine, Pacific.
(d) Staff, Pacific.
3. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
4. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
6. Who gets made fun of for having a liaison in Australia with a girl who has lots of moles?
7. How many demerits does Willie receive for being late at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) 20 demerits.
(b) 50 demerits.
(c) 40 demerits.
(d) 5 demerits.
8. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(b) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(c) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(d) That his orders have been changed.
9. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
10. What does Willie do to punish himself for not recognizing his ship when he first sees her?
(a) He stands up and takes spray in the face for the rest of the boat ride to her.
(b) He makes himself draw a diagram of her.
(c) He asks to be given the smallest room on the ship.
(d) He does 50 pushups.
11. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
12. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(a) China Town.
(c) Napa Valley.
13. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
(a) To list every man assigned to the ship.
(b) To write an essay on the history of the ship.
(c) To make two sketches of the Caine.
(d) To assemble and disassemble his rifle.
14. What distracts Willie during the marching for the review?
(a) The sight of his father.
(b) Keefer making funny faces while he marched.
(c) May Wynn standing by the fence.
(d) A dog that had gotten loose.
15. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
2. At the end of Chapter 23, Maryk is in his bunk reading what book?
3. What is "Chadan"?
4. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
5. What type of place is Willie's family home?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)