|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
2. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Ensign Brain.
(b) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
(d) Keefer's brother, Tom.
3. What was the Caine supposed to escort on its mission?
(a) Small groups of Navy seals.
4. Willie starts obsessing about what one night during watch in Chapter 24?
(a) His father.
(b) An ice cream scoop.
(c) A monogrammed coffee mug.
5. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
(b) Ice cream with maple syrup.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
6. Who summons Willie from the Caine?
(a) Admiral Reynold.
(c) His mother.
(d) Lieutenant Keefer.
7. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(b) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(c) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(d) That his orders have been changed.
8. What subject does Willie's roommate teach in school?
9. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
(a) Squeeze underneath his bed.
(b) Climb out the open window.
(c) Carefully extricate it from Keefer's ear.
(d) Stack furniture on his bed and reach the ceiling.
10. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
11. How does Queeg wants things done?
(a) The Navy way.
(b) The right way.
(c) His way.
(d) The wrong way.
12. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(c) San Francisco State.
(d) UC Davis.
13. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
14. What is the name of the luxurious destroyer that the Caine is secured to?
(a) The Cadillac.
(b) The Roosevelt.
(c) The Pluto.
(d) The Saturn.
15. What do the sailors give De Vriess as a send off gift?
(a) A new civilian shirt.
(b) A model of the USS Caine.
(c) A silver watch.
(d) A bronzed sailor's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
2. Queeg insists the men will not dehydrate because they will get enough water from what?
3. When Maryk comes to Keefer to talk about Queeg, what is Keefer reading?
4. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
5. When Queeg panics in the fog, how many times does he circle the bridge?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)