|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(b) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
(c) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
(d) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
2. What is the name of Keefer's date?
(a) May Wynn.
(b) Lily Loom.
(c) Rollete Baskinworth.
(d) Tootsie Weaver.
3. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Stand watch.
(c) Clean the deck.
(d) Eat ice cream.
4. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A split personality.
(b) A sociopath.
(c) A major depressive personality.
(d) A psychopathic personality.
5. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
6. Willie doesn't really understand the language surrounding the maneuvers. What is one of the names that Carmody mentions?
(a) Zebra Runs.
(b) Giraffe Runs.
(c) Candlestick Runs.
(d) Fred Runs.
7. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his orders have been changed.
(b) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
(c) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(d) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
8. May Wynn is of what descent?
9. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
10. How long does Willie eavesdrop on the Marines over the short-wave radio?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
11. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
(a) Saltine crackers.
(c) Ice cream with maple syrup.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
12. In Chapter 24, the meeting Queeg holds with all the officers lasts how long?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
13. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
(a) He doesn't read.
(b) Navy procedures.
(d) Classic literature.
14. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
(a) Admiral Raymond.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(c) Captain Queeg.
15. When Queeg returns to the ship after getting in trouble at ComServPac, what does he find Stilwell doing?
(a) Dancing naked on the bridge.
(b) Sleeping on watch.
(c) Reading a comic on watch.
(d) Sorting lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
2. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
3. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
4. Instead of Queeg, who gets reassigned from the Caine?
5. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)