|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(b) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
(c) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(d) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
2. What is the name of the ship that one of the men from the Caine is being transferred to?
(a) The Stout.
(b) The Oaks.
(c) The Pines.
(d) The Sequoia.
3. What distracts Willie during the marching for the review?
(a) May Wynn standing by the fence.
(b) Keefer making funny faces while he marched.
(c) A dog that had gotten loose.
(d) The sight of his father.
4. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
5. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
6. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
(a) 96 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
7. Who summons Willie from the Caine?
(b) Admiral Reynold.
(c) His mother.
(d) Lieutenant Keefer.
8. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(c) Gin rummy.
9. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
10. When the Caine is finally ready to go out in open waters with its new captain, what book does Captain Queeg bring with him to the bridge?
(a) "Moby Dick."
(b) "On a Destroyer's Bridge."
(c) Goethe's "Faust."
(d) One of Captain de Vriess' mysteries.
11. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(a) China Town.
(d) Napa Valley.
12. In Chapter 24, Queeg restricts what for six months?
(d) Ice cream.
13. Stilwell buys a copy of what book?
(a) "Military Justice: How to Get a Fair Shake."
(b) "The Navy Guide of Court Martials."
(c) "Courts and Boards."
(d) "The Art of Self-Defense: A Sailor's Guide to Court Martial."
14. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
(a) Ice cream with maple syrup.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Saltine crackers.
15. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(b) Yellow-bellied coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the luxurious destroyer that the Caine is secured to?
2. What does Harding vomit into?
3. What does the crew of the Caine do while the Marines are invading Namur?
4. What does Keith have to do to retrieve his gun's spring?
5. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)