|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
(b) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(c) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(d) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
2. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she isn't dying.
(b) That she is sick but not dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she has already died.
3. Willie's father dies from what?
(b) An infection.
(d) Lung cancer.
4. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
5. Who disagrees with Queeg's handling of the attack of the Stanfield?
6. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
(a) "Clockwork Orange."
(b) "The Floss and the Mill."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Bleak House."
7. At the end of Chapter 23, Maryk is in his bunk reading what book?
(a) "The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Illness."
(b) "How To Know Your Captain Is Crazy."
(c) "The Navy Code of Health."
(d) "Mental Disorders."
8. How many midshipmen gather for the review of the troops?
(a) Everyone in Furnald Hall.
9. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) On deck.
(b) In the clip shack.
(c) The shower.
(d) The galley.
10. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(d) Gin rummy.
11. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
12. Of the 112 publications carried aboard the Caine, how many do they use?
13. Whose water restriction is continued for 48 more hours because of non-compliance?
(a) The sailors.
(c) The officers.
14. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
15. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
(a) "Turn, Turn, Turn."
(b) "Sins of the Fathers."
(c) "Multitudes, Multitudes."
(d) "Cain is Abel."
Short Answer Questions
1. Queeg stays in his cabin only eating what?
2. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
3. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
4. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
5. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)