|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Bilging Day?
(a) Keefer makes the highest score.
(b) Keith makes the highest score.
(c) Keggs gets bilged.
(d) Keith fails the rifle reassembly.
2. Who gets made fun of for having a liaison in Australia with a girl who has lots of moles?
3. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Clockwork Orange."
(c) "The Floss and the Mill."
(d) "Bleak House."
4. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
5. We find out in Chapter 11 that Captain de Vriess reads only what type of book?
(b) He doesn't read.
(c) Navy procedures.
(d) Classic literature.
6. What type of place is Willie's family home?
(a) A Tudor style estate on 10 acres.
(b) A twelve room Dutch colonial.
(c) A modest Cape Cod bungalow.
(d) A modern apartment on the upper east side of Manhattan.
7. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(b) Gin rummy.
8. How long does the launching on the Caine take?
(a) 1 hour and 32 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
9. What do the sailors give De Vriess as a send off gift?
(a) A bronzed sailor's hat.
(b) A model of the USS Caine.
(c) A silver watch.
(d) A new civilian shirt.
10. What happens to Queeg's illegal liquor stash?
(a) Someone breaks into the stash and steals several bottles.
(b) The sailors drop it, and the bottles break.
(c) It gets dropped overboard into the bay.
(d) It's delivered safe and sound in the special crate that Langhorne built.
11. Keefer labels Queeg as a what?
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A major depressive personality.
(c) A split personality.
(d) A psychopathic personality.
12. What officer visits the Caine in Chapter 21?
(a) Commander Frazer.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Captain Grace.
(d) Captain De Vriess.
13. How many hours of emergency leave does Maryk give Stilwell?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 96 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
14. What does the Red Cross letter say about Stilwell's mother?
(a) That she has already died.
(b) That she isn't dying.
(c) That she is on the verge of death.
(d) That she is sick but not dying.
15. How much money does Mrs. Keith give the chief?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maryk grew up where?
2. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
3. What type of sandwich does Willie indulge in while tied to the destroyer?
4. What does the Navy find during Willie's physical?
5. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)