|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who does Willie find out is assigned to the Caine?
(a) Keefer's brother, Tom.
(b) Ensign Brain.
(d) May Wynn's brother, Frank.
2. Who gets made fun of for having a liaison in Australia with a girl who has lots of moles?
3. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
(a) Admiral Raymond.
(b) Captain De Vriess.
(c) Captain Queeg.
5. What is the name of the luxurious destroyer that the Caine is secured to?
(a) The Pluto.
(b) The Roosevelt.
(c) The Saturn.
(d) The Cadillac.
6. What type of sandwich does Willie indulge in while tied to the destroyer?
(a) Hot ham and cheese.
(b) A reuben.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Roquefort and white bread.
7. When Queeg and Keefer have a private meeting, where does it take place?
(a) In the clip shack.
(b) The galley.
(c) The shower.
(d) On deck.
8. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
9. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
10. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) UC Davis.
(d) San Francisco State.
11. What distracts Willie during the marching for the review?
(a) Keefer making funny faces while he marched.
(b) A dog that had gotten loose.
(c) May Wynn standing by the fence.
(d) The sight of his father.
12. How many midshipmen gather for the review of the troops?
(d) Everyone in Furnald Hall.
13. What two personal items does Willie have when he unpacks in San Francisco?
(a) A record of May singing and a letter from his dad.
(b) A letter from May and spending money from his mom.
(c) A letter from May and a letter from his mother.
(d) A good luck charm from May and a letter from his dad.
14. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
(a) "Turn, Turn, Turn."
(b) "Multitudes, Multitudes."
(c) "Cain is Abel."
(d) "Sins of the Fathers."
15. Willie is assigned a bunk in the clip shack, a metal box on the main deck. How hot is it in the clip shack?
(a) 89 degrees.
(b) 75 degrees.
(c) The same as it is on deck.
(d) 105 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours is Keith left sitting in the Navy doctor's office?
2. Willie starts obsessing about what one night during watch in Chapter 24?
3. How many hours into the water restriction does Maryk ask Queeg to lift the suspension?
4. Instead of Queeg, who gets reassigned from the Caine?
5. What type of medal will Roland Keefer be awarded?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)