|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aboard the Caine adopts a huge crab?
2. May Wynn auditions by singing a song by which composer?
3. At dinner, May wants to discuss a book that Willie has never read before? Which book?
(a) "Bleak House."
(b) "Clockwork Orange."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "The Floss and the Mill."
4. Keefer invites Maryk to a literary tea at what university?
(a) UC Davis.
(c) San Francisco State.
5. After a particularly cowardly performance by Queeg, Keefer calls him a what?
(d) Yellow-bellied coward.
6. Who does Queeg catch taking a shower?
7. While on shore leave in San Francisco, where does Willie take May?
(b) China Town.
(c) Napa Valley.
8. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
9. When Willie arrives at Pearl Harbor navy base what does he find?
(a) That his ship won't leave for a couple of weeks.
(b) That his orders have been changed.
(c) That the Caine shipped out that morning.
(d) That his ship is getting ready to head out.
10. Which game do Willie and Keggs play aboard the Moulton?
(d) Gin rummy.
11. Instead of Queeg, who gets reassigned from the Caine?
12. How many transfer requests has Tom Keefer submitted by Chapter 25?
13. In Chapter 16, Willie surprises himself by speaking highly of whom?
(b) Admiral Raymond.
(c) Captain De Vriess.
(d) Captain Queeg.
14. What is "Chadan"?
(a) It means time to eat or chow down.
(b) It's the name of Tom's roommate.
(c) It means the captain's coming.
(d) It's a Navy word for deck duty.
15. Where did Willie attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Tom Keefer's book?
2. Who receives orders transferring them off the Caine?
3. Maryk grew up where?
4. What does the Navy find during Willie's physical?
5. Who comes to Willie in Chapter 15 asking if his six months restriction to the ship counts in San Francisco?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)