|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, "The Court-Martial—Second Day, Afternoon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Queeg freezes up, what does he cling to?
(a) The telegraph stand.
(b) The crow's nest.
(c) The wheel.
(d) His bunk.
2. After one of the sailors is reassigned, how long does Queeg stay in his cabin?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) A week.
3. Dr. Bird comments that most military careers are a result of what?
(a) A way out of tough situations.
(b) Compensation for emotional disturbance.
(c) A lack of intelligence.
(d) Strict fathers and emotionally unavailable mothers.
4. How does Willie feel when he reads that he's being recommended for a court martial?
(a) He feels like May just broke up with him.
(b) He feels like he's reading a doctor's report that he's dying.
(c) He feels like he did when his father died.
(d) He feels like a worker who has just been fired.
5. What does Willie see on the radar when he goes to take a look?
(a) Twenty blips that look like submarines.
(b) A colossal sized storm.
(c) Nothing but sea spray.
(d) Nothing because they are broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Challee contrasts whose years of service with Queeg's?
2. Which of the new officers aboard the Caine is only in the Navy because his mother owns a Boston shipyard?
3. Willie doesn't really understand the language surrounding the maneuvers. What is one of the names that Carmody mentions?
4. What was Willie reading as the boat began to roll hard in Chapter 29?
5. How many psychiatrists examined Queeg at the hospital?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)