|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, "The Court-Martial—Second Day, Afternoon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Queeg goes home to what state?
2. What is Willie's first assignment for his officers' qualification course?
(a) To assemble and disassemble his rifle.
(b) To write an essay on the history of the ship.
(c) To make two sketches of the Caine.
(d) To list every man assigned to the ship.
3. What recurring dream does Willie remember from his childhood?
(a) A giant serpent eating him.
(b) Showing up for school without clothes.
(c) God as a jack-in-the-box.
(d) A ship sinking in a typhoon.
4. What is "Chadan"?
(a) It means time to eat or chow down.
(b) It's the name of Tom's roommate.
(c) It's a Navy word for deck duty.
(d) It means the captain's coming.
5. In Chapter 24, Queeg set his sights on a sailor other than Stilwell. Who is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willie's new roommate in Chapter 18?
2. What is the name of the officer who reprimands Captain Queeg?
3. According to Willie's testimony, how did he know Queeg was terrified during the typhoon?
4. Who is Captain Randolph P. Southard?
5. How many men does the Caine pull from the wreckage of the George Black?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)