|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
2. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
3. What does the narrator say Servelia is for Caesar?
4. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
5. What is Cicero's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
2. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
3. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
4. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
5. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
6. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
7. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
8. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
9. Who kills Vittius, and why?
10. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)