|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar not borrow money from Crassus for his debts?
2. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
3. Who helps Clodius change his status?
4. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
5. What becomes limited to all Romans during the depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
2. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
3. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
4. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
5. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
6. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
7. Who kills Vittius, and why?
8. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
9. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
10. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)