|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
2. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
3. What is Ptolemy's title?
4. With whom is Julia smitten?
5. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
2. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
3. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
4. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
5. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
6. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
7. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
8. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
9. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
10. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What were some of these ideals, and how did their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)