|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar do in Spain that worries the boni?
2. What does Pompey always consult Julia about?
3. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
4. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
5. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who kills Vittius, and why?
2. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
3. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
4. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
5. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
6. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
7. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
8. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
9. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
10. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)