|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
2. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
3. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
4. Who is Caesar's tribune?
5. How is Caesar warned of the boni's deception?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
2. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
3. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
4. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
5. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
6. What causes Catilina to leave Rome?
7. Who kills Vittius, and why?
8. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
9. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
10. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)