|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boni do about Pompey's legislation?
2. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
3. Whose loyalty to Caesar wavers after Cicero's speech against him?
4. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
5. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
2. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
3. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
4. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
5. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
6. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
7. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
8. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
9. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
10. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
Essay Topic 2
How did Caesar go about rising in the political power throughout this book, and what do these methods indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)