|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
2. With whom is Julia smitten?
3. Who helps Clodius change his status?
4. Who kills Vettius?
5. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
2. Who kills Vittius, and why?
3. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
4. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
5. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
6. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
7. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
8. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
9. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
10. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)