|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
2. What does Clodius change his status to?
3. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
4. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
5. Who is Caesar's tribune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Catilina to leave Rome?
2. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
3. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
4. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
5. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
6. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
7. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
8. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
9. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
10. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What were some of these ideals, and how did their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)