|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar accuse Catalus of?
2. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
3. What does the narrator say Servelia is for Caesar?
4. What is Cicero's position?
5. Who desecrates the Bona Dea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
2. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
3. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
4. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
5. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
6. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
7. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
8. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
9. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
10. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
Essay Topic 2
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
Essay Topic 3
Aurelia was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)