|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
2. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
3. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
4. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
5. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
2. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
3. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
4. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
5. Who kills Vittius, and why?
6. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
7. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
8. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
9. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
10. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)