|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Servelia is for Caesar?
2. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
3. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
4. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
5. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
2. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
3. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
4. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
5. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
6. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
7. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
8. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
9. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
10. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)