|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ptolemy's title?
2. What do the boni do about Pompey's legislation?
3. What does Caesar send Labienus to do in Italian Gaul?
4. What causes the Roman depression?
5. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
2. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
3. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
4. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
5. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
6. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
7. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
8. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
9. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
10. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)