|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes limited to all Romans during the depression?
2. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
3. Who is Caesar's tribune?
4. What made Crassus wealthy?
5. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
2. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
3. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
4. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
5. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
6. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
7. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
8. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
9. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
10. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar go about rising in the political power throughout this book, and what do these methods indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Aurelia was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)