|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
2. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
3. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
4. Whose loyalty to Caesar wavers after Cicero's speech against him?
5. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
2. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
3. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
4. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
5. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
6. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
7. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
8. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
9. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
10. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main ideas about gender roles in this book, and how were they broken or bent by some of the main people?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)