|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cicero say would be most likely to cause an uprising?
2. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
3. Who joins Cato's chanting about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
4. Who helps Clodius change his status?
5. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
2. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
3. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
4. Who kills Vittius, and why?
5. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
6. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
7. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
8. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
9. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
10. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Caesar go about rising in the political power throughout this book, and what do these methods indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)