|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
2. What is Caesar's title over Far Spain?
3. With whom is Julia smitten?
4. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
5. Who is Caesar's tribune?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
2. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
3. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
4. What causes Catilina to leave Rome?
5. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
6. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
7. Who kills Vittius, and why?
8. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
9. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
10. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Aurelia was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)