|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rabirius's occupation?
2. Who kills Vettius?
3. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
4. What does Pompey always consult Julia about?
5. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
2. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
3. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
4. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
5. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
6. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
7. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
8. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
9. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
10. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)