|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
2. What kind of crown does Caesar wear?
3. What does the Popular assembly elect Caesar to be?
4. To whom is Brutus betrothed?
5. Who does Servilia want as a daughter-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
2. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
3. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
4. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
5. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
7. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
8. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
9. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
10. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
How did Caesar change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)