|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Clodius get when he is with Lucius?
2. What fascinates Caesar in the fire of Vesta?
3. What fear does the Senate have about Pompey as a leader?
4. What does Caesar want to have happen to violators when he is a curule?
5. How does Caesar feel about being asked to help Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
2. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
3. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
4. What does Cato do when he learns of his wife's infidelity?
5. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
6. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
7. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
8. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
9. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
10. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What were some of these ideals, and how did their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What were the Vestal Virgins, and how did Caesar's interactions with them change his actions and feelings about certain things?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)