|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia think when she is around Brutus?
2. Who helps Servelia make her son rich?
3. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
4. What assembly elected Pompey?
5. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
2. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
3. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
4. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
5. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
6. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
7. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
8. Why is Clodius circumcised?
9. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
10. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)