|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crown does Caesar wear?
2. How does Caepio die?
3. What does Caesar tell Crassus to profit from?
4. Who is the current First Man in Rome?
5. What does Auerelia not like about the new house of the Pontifus Maximus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
2. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
3. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
4. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
5. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
6. How does Cato get a good reputation with the lower-class Romans?
7. Why is it surprising that Caesar has so many loyal followers?
8. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
9. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
10. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the main ideas about gender roles in this book, and how were they broken or bent by some of the main people?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)