|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sulla abolish when he was in command?
2. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
3. What is Caesar's mother's name?
4. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
5. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
2. Why is it surprising that Caesar has so many loyal followers?
3. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Julia feel about being used by her father?
5. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
6. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
7. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
8. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
9. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
10. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)