|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
2. What assembly elected Pompey?
3. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
4. Why does someone say Caesar is a better man than Pompey?
5. Who is Caepio's heir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
2. How does Julia feel about being used by her father?
3. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
4. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
5. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
6. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
7. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
8. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
9. Why is Clodius circumcised?
10. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)