|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
2. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
3. How long is the Ludi Meglenses?
4. How long was Caesar gone, when he returns at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Julia think when she is around Brutus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
2. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
3. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
4. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
5. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
6. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
7. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
8. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
9. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
10. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the Vestal Virgins, and how did Caesar's interactions with them change his actions and feelings about certain things?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main reasons for the ending of Caesar's marriage with Pompeia, and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Aurelia was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)