|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar want to have happen to violators when he is a curule?
2. What does Lucius concentrate on?
3. Who restarts the affair between Caesar and Servelia?
4. Who helps Servelia make her son rich?
5. Who does Gabinius work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
2. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
3. What does Cato do when he learns of his wife's infidelity?
4. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
5. What do Caesar and Servilia never do during their private meetings?
6. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
7. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
8. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
9. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
10. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What were some of these ideals, and how did their presence in the book affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)