Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the new house with Caesar after he becomes Pontifus Maximus?
2. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
4. What kind of place does Clodius frequent after losing his case?
5. Who robs Clodius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
2. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
3. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
4. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
5. How does Caesar treat the Vestal Virgins while he is being accused by the Boni?
6. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
7. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
8. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
9. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
10. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)