|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
2. How did Gabinius and Caesar become friends?
3. What does Balbus teach Caesar?
4. How are Clodius and Lucius related?
5. What is Cato's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
2. Why is Clodius circumcised?
3. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
4. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
5. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
6. What do Caesar and Servilia do during their private meetings?
7. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
8. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
9. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
10. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of superstitions were had by the people in this book, and how did they affect the actions and decisions of these people?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)