|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Rome do when grain prices are raised?
2. What river does Caesar tap into during the Ludi Meglenses?
3. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
4. How does Brutus feel about his brothers?
5. How is Sulla described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
2. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
3. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
4. Why is Clodius circumcised?
5. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
6. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
7. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
8. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
9. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
10. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar go about rising in the political power throughout this book, and what do these methods indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)