|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polyxena's position?
2. Why does Aurelia worry about her daughter-in-law after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
3. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
4. How does Brutus feel about his brothers?
5. What is a growing problem in Rome that Caesar talks to the First Man about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Caesar and Servilia do during their private meetings?
2. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
3. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
4. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
5. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
6. How does Julia feel about being used by her father?
7. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
8. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
9. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
10. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of superstitions were had by the people in this book, and how did they affect the actions and decisions of these people?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)