|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar's mother's name?
2. When does Servelia give birth to Caesar's daughter?
3. What religious role does the Pontifus Maximus hold?
4. How is Sulla described?
5. Who tricks Cato into presenting Pompey's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
2. Why is Clodius circumcised?
3. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
4. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
5. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
6. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
7. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
8. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
9. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
10. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)