|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Servelia make her son rich?
2. How are Clodius and Lucius related?
3. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
4. What kind of place does Clodius frequent after losing his case?
5. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
2. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
3. Why is it surprising that Caesar has so many loyal followers?
4. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
5. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
6. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
7. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
8. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
9. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
10. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of superstitions were had by the people in this book, and how did they affect the actions and decisions of these people?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)