|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar want to have happen to violators when he is a curule?
2. What is Vetu's title?
3. When does Servelia give birth to Caesar's daughter?
4. What group does Fabia belong to?
5. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
2. What do Caesar and Servilia do during their private meetings?
3. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
4. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
5. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
6. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
7. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
8. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
9. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
10. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main ideas about gender roles in this book, and how were they broken or bent by some of the main people?
Essay Topic 2
What was Caesar's idea about politics at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)