|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
2. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
3. How long is the Ludi Meglenses?
4. How does Caesar feel about being asked to help Pompey?
5. What does Lucius concentrate on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
2. Why is Clodius circumcised?
3. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
4. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
5. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
6. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
7. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
8. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
9. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
10. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were the major points of the Roman Revolution, and how did these ideals affect Caesar?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)