|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Balbus teach Caesar?
2. How does Cato feel about Caesar's festivals?
3. To whom is Brutus betrothed?
4. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
5. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
2. How does Julia feel about being used by her father?
3. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
5. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
6. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
7. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
8. What do Caesar and Servilia never do during their private meetings?
9. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
10. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar go about rising in the political power throughout this book, and what do these methods indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)