|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
2. What intrigues Caesar about Servilia?
3. What is Cato's wife's name?
4. What kind of list does Clodius compile after losing his case?
5. How does Brutus feel about his new wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
2. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
3. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
4. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
5. What do Caesar and Servilia do during their private meetings?
6. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
7. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
8. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
9. How does Cato get a good reputation with the lower-class Romans?
10. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the major motivation of the boni, and what were some of the things they did to pursue this major motivation?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main ideas about gender roles in this book, and how were they broken or bent by some of the main people?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)