|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Crassus to profit from?
2. What does Auerelia not like about the new house of the Pontifus Maximus?
3. Why does Aurelia worry about her daughter-in-law after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
4. What does Julia think when she is around Brutus?
5. Who robs Clodius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
2. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
3. What does Cato do when he learns of his wife's infidelity?
4. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
5. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
6. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
7. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
8. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
9. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
10. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the different political scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which people were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)