|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
2. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
3. What do the people of Rome do when grain prices are raised?
4. What did Sulla abolish when he was in command?
5. Who robs Clodius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
2. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
3. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
4. Why is it surprising that Caesar has so many loyal followers?
5. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
6. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
7. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
8. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
9. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
10. Why is Clodius circumcised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Caesar change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the Vestal Virgins, and how did Caesar's interactions with them change his actions and feelings about certain things?
Essay Topic 3
How did Caesar's relationship with Servelia change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)