|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to garnish Caesar's wages in Far Spain?
(a) All of these.
(b) His creditors.
(d) The Boni.
2. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Vital performance information.
(b) Tenure over Egypt.
(c) Trade embargos.
(d) Tax privileges.
3. What is the Bona Dea?
(a) A sacrificial ceremony.
(b) A Greek goddess.
(c) A religious celebration.
(d) An election process.
4. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To cut back taxes.
(b) To benefit the veterans.
(c) To give the people free grain.
(d) To have a home for himself.
5. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
(a) His complacency.
(b) His family relations.
(c) His desires.
(d) His physical strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
2. What is Caesar's title over Far Spain?
3. Who is Caesar's junior consul?
4. What does Caesar do in Spain that worries the boni?
5. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
2. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
3. What causes Catilina to leave Rome?
4. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
5. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
6. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
7. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
8. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
9. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
10. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)