|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Roman depression?
(a) Mishandled funds.
(b) Corruption of senators.
(c) Costly court rituals.
(d) The war in the East.
2. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
(a) Pours wine on him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Berates him.
3. What do the boni try to make sure Caesar does not become?
(a) A province master.
(b) A Senator.
(c) A consul.
(d) The first man.
4. How is Caesar warned of the boni's deception?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A personal visit.
(c) A coded message.
(d) A letter.
5. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
2. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
3. What becomes limited to all Romans during the depression?
4. Who helps Clodius change his status?
5. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
2. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
3. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
4. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
5. How does Terentia feel about how Caesar treats the Vestal Virgins?
6. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
7. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
8. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
9. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
10. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)