|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
(a) There was never a declaration of war.
(b) The armies never entered Rome.
(c) He was planning to join Pompey.
(d) He was fighting for Rome.
2. Who is Caesar's junior consul?
3. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
(a) A favor.
4. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Sleep with Pompeia.
(b) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(c) Accuse him of treachery.
(d) Execute people without a trial.
5. What does Cassius say he will do if he is elected Consul?
(a) Cancel all debts.
(b) Raise taxes.
(c) End the war.
(d) Surge the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bona Dea?
2. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
3. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
4. With whom is Julia smitten?
5. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
2. Why does Fulvia abort her unborn child?
3. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
4. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
5. What does Caesar do after the desecration of the Bona Dea?
6. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
7. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
8. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
9. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
10. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)