|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) He holds a filibuster.
(b) He vetoes it.
(c) He asks the boni to review it.
(d) He campaigns against it.
2. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
(a) His desires.
(b) His family relations.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His complacency.
3. What do the boni try to make sure Caesar does not become?
(a) A Senator.
(b) A consul.
(c) The first man.
(d) A province master.
4. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
(a) A promotion.
(b) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) A pardon of his crimes.
(d) A favor in the future.
5. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
2. Who reveals Catilina's scheme to Cicero?
3. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
4. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
5. What does Cassius say he will do if he is elected Consul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
2. Who does Caesar want in his Triumvirate, and why?
3. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
4. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
5. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
6. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
7. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
8. Who kills Vittius, and why?
9. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
10. What does Caesar ask of Vatinius in return for his gratitude?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)