|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
(a) To conquer the world.
(b) To marry an Egyptian woman.
(c) To usurp Pompey.
(d) To make peace with Spain.
2. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
(a) A province.
(b) A pardon.
(c) Some tax money.
(d) A new position.
3. Who helps Clodius change his status?
4. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Sleep with Pompeia.
(b) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(c) Accuse him of treachery.
(d) Execute people without a trial.
5. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar's title over Far Spain?
2. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
3. What is Cicero's position?
4. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
5. Whose loyalty to Caesar wavers after Cicero's speech against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who kills Vittius, and why?
2. What is the one thing the Boni admire about Caesar?
3. What is the Senatus Consultum Ultimum?
4. How does Brutus respond to his broken betrothal?
5. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
6. What does Caesar do to help Clodius pass his legislation in the College?
7. Why does Clodius veto Bibulus out of office?
8. What does Servelia call Pompey, and why?
9. How does Cicero find his name on Clodius's revenge list?
10. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)