|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to garnish Caesar's wages in Far Spain?
(b) All of these.
(c) The Boni.
(d) His creditors.
2. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
(a) He was given false information.
(b) He runs out before completing the trial.
(c) He has no authority.
(d) He does not have any evidence.
3. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
(b) Public contacts.
(c) Religious offerings.
4. Who does Cicero say would be most likely to cause an uprising?
(d) Ex cons.
5. What is Caesar given money to do in Far Spain?
(a) Pay his civil servants.
(b) Pay his legions.
(c) Maintain the area.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar not borrow money from Crassus for his debts?
2. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
3. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
4. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
5. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boni not expect Caesar to give up his imperium for consulship?
2. How does Pompey feel when he first meets Julia?
3. Who does Pompey want to find land for, and why?
4. What information does Arrius bring the Senate after being hired by Caesar?
5. What does Clodius plan to charge Cicero with when he becomes the President of the College?
6. What does Caesar give as a pittance for breaking Julia's betrothal?
7. Who kills Vittius, and why?
8. What happens to all the traitors who were in league with Catilina?
9. How do Brutus and Julia feel about their parents' affair with each other?
10. Why is Vatinius so grateful to Caesar?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)