|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Clodius and Caesar have in common?
(a) They are having an affair.
(b) They want to be the First Man.
(c) They want Brutus's wealth.
(d) They have beautiful daughters.
2. Why does Caesar have such a strong following?
(a) His military success is renowned.
(b) He is very rich.
(c) He was good in school.
(d) He has strong family lineage.
3. What is the Pontifus Maximus patriarch over?
(a) The Garden of the Gods.
(b) The Holy Nurses.
(c) The Vestal Virgins.
(d) The Sacrifice House.
4. How does Caepio die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He has a venerial disease.
(d) He is stabbed.
5. How long was Caesar gone, when he returns at the beginning of the book?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 13 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Caepio's heir?
2. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
3. What does Ervelia name Caesar's daughter?
4. Who moves into the new house with Caesar after he becomes Pontifus Maximus?
5. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
2. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
3. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
4. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
5. What does Aurelia tell Caesar to do when she hears the rumors of his affair?
6. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
7. What does Caesar say when Catalus offers him a bribe, and why?
8. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
9. How does Ptolemny get on Clodius's revenge list?
10. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)