|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius concentrate on?
(a) Defeating the Eastern kingdoms.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Honoring his father.
(d) Getting rich.
2. How does Brutus's betrothed feel about Brutus?
(a) She sees him as a friend.
(b) She is very attracted to him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She loves him.
3. Who is Caepio's heir?
4. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
(a) Mutiny strikes.
(b) He loses his command.
(c) All of these.
(d) He is out on trial.
5. What did Sulla abolish when he was in command?
(a) The Assembly.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Temple.
(d) The Military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Clodius frequent after losing his case?
2. Why does Caesar have such a strong following?
3. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
4. What is the First Man in Rome skilled at?
5. Why does Caesar think the current First Man in Rome will fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Servelia tell her husband of her affair?
3. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
4. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
5. What does Cato do when he learns of his wife's infidelity?
6. How does Bibulus try to trick Caesar at court, and what happens?
7. What warning does Caesar give Clodius?
8. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
9. What do Caesar and Servilia never do during their private meetings?
10. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)