|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Rome do when grain prices are raised?
(a) They riot.
(b) All of these.
(c) They call for a new election.
(d) They boycott the market.
2. Who comes to Caesar's mother's house to discuss politics?
(a) Military wives.
(c) The judges.
(d) The Senators.
3. How does Brutus feel about his new wealth?
(a) He is confused.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is grateful.
(d) He is distressed.
4. What nickname does Clodius get when he is with Lucius?
(a) The Lowly Nobleman.
(b) The Soldier's Friend.
(c) The Noble Peasant.
(d) The Poor Rich Man.
5. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
(a) The riots.
(b) The taxes.
(c) The piracy.
(d) The blight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Caesar tap into during the Ludi Meglenses?
2. Why does Aurelia worry about her daughter-in-law after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
3. What did Sulla abolish when he was in command?
4. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
5. How old is Brutus when he becomes rich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
2. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
3. What do Caesar and Servilia do during their private meetings?
4. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
5. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
6. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
7. What is different about Caesar from Servilia's other lovers?
8. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
9. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
10. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)