|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He enjoys them.
(c) He pities them.
(d) He looks down on them.
2. What is the Pontifus Maximus patriarch over?
(a) The Sacrifice House.
(b) The Garden of the Gods.
(c) The Holy Nurses.
(d) The Vestal Virgins.
3. What is Polyxena's position?
(b) Vestal Virgin.
4. How does Cato describe Caesar's festivals?
5. Why does someone say Caesar is a better man than Pompey?
(a) He is learned.
(b) He is ambitious.
(c) He is well-known.
(d) He is fearless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Brutus when he becomes rich?
2. Why does Aurelia worry about her daughter-in-law after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
3. What kind of feast is the Ludi Meglenses?
4. How does Cato feel about Caesar's festivals?
5. Who moves into the new house with Caesar after he becomes Pontifus Maximus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
2. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
3. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
4. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
5. How does Julia feel about being used by her father?
6. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
7. How do the Boni try to stop Caesar from being elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
8. Why does Aurelia get upset with Pompeia's alliance with Claudians?
9. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
10. Why is it surprising that Caesar has so many loyal followers?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)