|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polyxena's position?
(c) Vestal Virgin.
2. What does Balbus teach Caesar?
(d) Public speaking.
3. To whom is Brutus betrothed?
4. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
(a) Grow more grain.
(b) Train new recruits.
(c) Stop the pirates.
(d) Fortify Ostia.
5. How does Caepio die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He has a venerial disease.
(d) He is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crown does Caesar wear?
2. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
3. What intrigues Caesar about Servilia?
4. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
5. How does Caesar feel about being asked to help Pompey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
2. What does Caesar rely on to get elected as the Pontifus Maximus?
3. How does Cato get a good reputation with the lower-class Romans?
4. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
5. What do Caesar and Servilia never do during their private meetings?
6. How does Cato learn of his wife's infidelity?
7. What does Caesar do at the Ludi Romani Festival?
8. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
9. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
10. What does Servelia do when Brutus is called to war?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)