|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brutus feel about his new wealth?
(a) He is confused.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is distressed.
(d) He is grateful.
2. What does the fire of Vesta hold?
(a) Housing wills.
(b) Important contracts.
(c) Ancient Roman documents.
(d) All of these.
3. How does Catalus try to get Caesar to not run for the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) He pays his debts.
(b) He bribes him.
(c) He blackmails him.
(d) He slanders his name.
4. What intrigues Caesar about Servilia?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her power.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her innocence.
5. How does Brutus's betrothed feel about Brutus?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She sees him as a friend.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is very attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar think the current First Man in Rome will fall?
2. How does Servelia feel about her sons?
3. What festival does Caesar organize as a curule?
4. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
5. What does the Pontifus Maximus get once he is elected?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caesar plan to bring about the radical change that he thinks Rome needs?
2. Why have so many people pledged their loyalty to Caesar?
3. What does Clodius do after being robbed?
4. How does Julia feel about Brutus, and why?
5. Why does Servelia feel that Caepio's inheritance belongs to her son?
6. What does Servelia tell Caesar to do to punish Cato?
7. Why does Caesar start his affair with Servelia again?
8. Why does Caesar think Pompey will not be able to stay in power?
9. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
10. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)