|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Ludi Meglenses?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What fascinates Caesar in the fire of Vesta?
(a) The pictoglyphs.
(b) Ancient Laws.
(c) The blueprints of the city.
(d) All of these.
3. When does Servelia give birth to Caesar's daughter?
4. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
(a) The first light.
(b) The first games.
(c) The first love.
(d) The first peace.
5. Where is Caesar coming home from at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
2. What does Caesar say the Pontifus Maximus office will NOT do for him?
3. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Polyxena's position?
5. What do Clodius and Caesar have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar get an opportunity to run for the office of Pontifus Maximus?
2. Why does Cato launch war on the treasury department?
3. How are the Vestal Virgins appointed, and what is required of them?
4. What makes up the bulk of Caepio's wealth?
5. What does Caesar think must be changed radically in Rome, at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Fulvia demand of Clodius after their marriage, and what is Clodius's response to this?
7. What is the difference between Patricians and Plebeians?
8. Why is Clodius circumcised?
9. What rumor does Clodius spread about Lucius?
10. What do Caesar and Servilia never do during their private meetings?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)