|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rabirius's occupation?
2. What does Caesar accuse Rabirius of?
(b) High treason.
3. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
(a) He does not have any evidence.
(b) He has no authority.
(c) He was given false information.
(d) He runs out before completing the trial.
4. What do the boni try to make sure Caesar does not become?
(a) The first man.
(b) A province master.
(c) A consul.
(d) A Senator.
5. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
(a) His servant.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mistress.
6. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
(a) To show the people his power.
(b) To show the people what Roman law really requires.
(c) To illustrate his love of Rome.
(d) To punish Cicero who is Rabinius's friend.
7. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To cut back taxes.
(b) To benefit the veterans.
(c) To give the people free grain.
(d) To have a home for himself.
8. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
(c) All of these.
9. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
(a) Some tax money.
(b) A new position.
(c) A province.
(d) A pardon.
10. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
(a) Gets a divorce.
(b) Aborts her child.
(c) Flees Rome.
(d) Stands at trial.
11. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Sleep with Pompeia.
(b) Execute people without a trial.
(c) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(d) Accuse him of treachery.
12. Who desecrates the Bona Dea?
13. Who warns Caesar of the boni's deception?
14. What is Cicero's position?
(a) Sacrificial Officer.
(c) Pontifus Minor.
(d) Senior consul.
15. What is the Bona Dea?
(a) A religious celebration.
(b) A sacrificial ceremony.
(c) A Greek goddess.
(d) An election process.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Caesar warned of the boni's deception?
2. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
3. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
4. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
5. What does Cicero try to arrest Caesar for?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)