|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caesar say dominates the business world?
2. Why does Caesar not borrow money from Crassus for his debts?
(a) He doesn't trust Crassus.
(b) He refuses to borrow money from friends.
(c) He has a plan to pay it off himself.
(d) He is hiding his debt.
3. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
(a) A cat.
(b) A crown.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A wine goblet.
4. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
5. What is Ptolemy's title?
6. What does the narrator say Servelia is for Caesar?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A medication.
(c) A drug.
(d) A freedom.
7. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His servant.
8. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 1 billion.
(c) 50 million.
(d) 20 million.
9. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
(a) To illustrate his love of Rome.
(b) To show the people his power.
(c) To punish Cicero who is Rabinius's friend.
(d) To show the people what Roman law really requires.
10. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
(a) He was planning to join Pompey.
(b) He was fighting for Rome.
(c) There was never a declaration of war.
(d) The armies never entered Rome.
11. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
(a) He has no authority.
(b) He does not have any evidence.
(c) He runs out before completing the trial.
(d) He was given false information.
12. How is Caesar warned of the boni's deception?
(a) A letter.
(b) A coded message.
(c) A personal visit.
(d) A messenger.
13. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
(a) To usurp Pompey.
(b) To marry an Egyptian woman.
(c) To make peace with Spain.
(d) To conquer the world.
14. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To give the people free grain.
(b) To cut back taxes.
(c) To benefit the veterans.
(d) To have a home for himself.
15. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A black mail trail.
(c) An army.
(d) A new government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero try to arrest Caesar for?
2. Whose loyalty to Caesar wavers after Cicero's speech against him?
3. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
4. What does Caesar do in Spain that worries the boni?
5. Who warns Caesar of the boni's deception?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)