|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
(a) Flees Rome.
(b) Aborts her child.
(c) Gets a divorce.
(d) Stands at trial.
2. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Vital performance information.
(b) Trade embargos.
(c) Tax privileges.
(d) Tenure over Egypt.
3. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
(a) A pardon of his crimes.
(b) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A favor in the future.
4. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His servant.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mistress.
5. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
(d) All of these.
6. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
(a) His mythological information.
(b) His studies of Ancient Law.
(c) His military expertise.
(d) His letters from Pompey.
7. Who does Clodius charge, once his status is changed?
8. What do the boni try to make sure Caesar does not become?
(a) A Senator.
(b) The first man.
(c) A province master.
(d) A consul.
9. What made Crassus wealthy?
(a) His loan business.
(b) His inheritance.
(c) His rental properties.
(d) His business savvy.
10. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
(c) A favor.
11. What power does Caesar's tribune try to take away from the Senate?
(a) The power to give campaigning speeches before voting.
(b) The privilege of secret voting.
(c) The power to change decisions of the Assembly.
(d) The power of Veto.
12. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) He asks the boni to review it.
(b) He holds a filibuster.
(c) He campaigns against it.
(d) He vetoes it.
13. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
(a) A black mail trail.
(b) A new government.
(c) A revolution.
(d) An army.
14. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Accuse him of treachery.
(b) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(c) Execute people without a trial.
(d) Sleep with Pompeia.
15. What does Cassius say he will do if he is elected Consul?
(a) Raise taxes.
(b) Cancel all debts.
(c) Surge the economy.
(d) End the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bona Dea?
2. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
3. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
4. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
5. Who forged a letter in Caesar's name?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)