|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Caesar when he becomes the Senior Consul?
2. What about Catalus does Caesar want to destroy?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His pride.
(c) His family.
(d) His career.
3. Whose loyalty to Caesar wavers after Cicero's speech against him?
4. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
5. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) Down with the Tyrant.
(b) On for Rome.
(c) Caesar is evil.
(d) The People of Rome will prevail.
6. Who does Caesar say dominates the business world?
7. What does Caesar send Labienus to do in Italian Gaul?
(a) Fortify the borders.
(b) Prepare the Legions.
(c) Establish an office.
(d) Survey the land.
8. What is Rabirius's occupation?
9. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 1 billion.
(d) 20 million.
10. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
(a) His military expertise.
(b) His studies of Ancient Law.
(c) His letters from Pompey.
(d) His mythological information.
11. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Vital performance information.
(b) Tenure over Egypt.
(c) Trade embargos.
(d) Tax privileges.
12. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
(a) Smokes opium.
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Watches the sky.
(d) Meets with Servelia.
13. What special gift does Caesar give Calpurnia?
(a) A peacock.
(b) A wine goblet.
(c) A crown.
(d) A cat.
14. What do the boni try to make sure Caesar does not become?
(a) A province master.
(b) The first man.
(c) A consul.
(d) A Senator.
15. What does Pompey always consult Julia about?
(a) Physical appearances.
(b) Trade rations.
(c) Meal preperation.
(d) Political decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
2. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
3. What causes the Roman depression?
4. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
5. Who is Caesar's tribune?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)