|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Berates him.
(c) Pours wine on him.
(d) Hits him.
2. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
(a) Public contacts.
(b) Religious offerings.
3. Who kills Vettius?
4. Who is Caesar's junior consul?
5. What is Caesar's title over Far Spain?
(a) The Far Spain Ambassador.
(b) The Senate propogate.
(c) The military outpost specialist.
(d) The proconsular imperium .
6. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
(a) Aborts her child.
(b) Flees Rome.
(c) Gets a divorce.
(d) Stands at trial.
7. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) He vetoes it.
(b) He holds a filibuster.
(c) He asks the boni to review it.
(d) He campaigns against it.
8. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
(a) To make peace with Spain.
(b) To marry an Egyptian woman.
(c) To conquer the world.
(d) To usurp Pompey.
9. What does Caesar accuse Catalus of?
(a) Lying in court.
(b) Helping Catilina.
(c) Embezzling money.
(d) Slandering noblemen.
10. Who does Cicero blame for the Roman depression?
(b) All of these.
11. What is the Bona Dea?
(a) A sacrificial ceremony.
(b) A religious celebration.
(c) A Greek goddess.
(d) An election process.
12. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
(a) He does not have any evidence.
(b) He runs out before completing the trial.
(c) He was given false information.
(d) He has no authority.
13. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(b) Sleep with Pompeia.
(c) Accuse him of treachery.
(d) Execute people without a trial.
14. What does Clodius change his status to?
15. Who tries to garnish Caesar's wages in Far Spain?
(b) All of these.
(c) His creditors.
(d) The Boni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
2. What does the narrator say Servelia is for Caesar?
3. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
4. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
5. What power does Caesar's tribune try to take away from the Senate?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)