|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
(a) Berates him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Spits on him.
(d) Pours wine on him.
2. With whom is Julia smitten?
3. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
4. Who joins Cato's chanting about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
5. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(b) Meets with Servelia.
(c) Smokes opium.
(d) Watches the sky.
6. What about Catalus does Caesar want to destroy?
(a) His family.
(b) His pride.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His career.
7. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
(c) Religious offerings.
(d) Public contacts.
8. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
(a) To illustrate his love of Rome.
(b) To show the people his power.
(c) To punish Cicero who is Rabinius's friend.
(d) To show the people what Roman law really requires.
9. Who is Caesar's tribune?
10. What is Rabirius's occupation?
11. Who allowed the person in, who desecrated the Bona Dea?
(b) Pompeia's servant.
12. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
(a) All of these.
13. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
(a) Aborts her child.
(b) Flees Rome.
(c) Gets a divorce.
(d) Stands at trial.
14. Who kills Vettius?
15. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Tenure over Egypt.
(b) Vital performance information.
(c) Trade embargos.
(d) Tax privileges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catilina say he will do if he is elected Consul?
2. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
3. Who does Cicero blame for the Roman depression?
4. What do the boni do about Pompey's legislation?
5. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)