|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caesar given money to do in Far Spain?
(a) All of these.
(b) Maintain the area.
(c) Pay his civil servants.
(d) Pay his legions.
2. Who kills Vettius?
3. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
(a) His military expertise.
(b) His studies of Ancient Law.
(c) His mythological information.
(d) His letters from Pompey.
4. What is Cicero's position?
(a) Senior consul.
(b) Pontifus Minor.
(d) Sacrificial Officer.
5. Who desecrates the Bona Dea?
6. Who helps Clodius change his status?
7. What does Fulvia do in response to the desecrated Bona Dea?
(a) Gets a divorce.
(b) Stands at trial.
(c) Flees Rome.
(d) Aborts her child.
8. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
(a) A favor in the future.
(b) A promotion.
(c) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) A pardon of his crimes.
9. What does Caesar say every man in Rome owes Crassus?
(d) A favor.
10. What does Caesar do in Spain that worries the boni?
(a) Gets re-married.
(b) Changes laws.
(c) Sends no word.
(d) Has success.
11. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
(a) He was planning to join Pompey.
(b) The armies never entered Rome.
(c) There was never a declaration of war.
(d) He was fighting for Rome.
12. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
(a) 1 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 20 million.
(d) 1 billion.
13. What do the boni do about Pompey's legislation?
(a) Burry it.
(b) Change it.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Block it.
14. What causes the Roman depression?
(a) The war in the East.
(b) Mishandled funds.
(c) Corruption of senators.
(d) Costly court rituals.
15. Who does Caesar say dominates the business world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
2. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
3. With whom is Julia smitten?
4. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
5. What does Caesar send Labienus to do in Italian Gaul?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)