|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do when Cato accuses him of trying to become king?
(a) Berates him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Pours wine on him.
(d) Spits on him.
2. What does Caesar accuse Rabirius of?
(c) High treason.
3. Why is Cicero not able to arrest Catilina?
(a) He runs out before completing the trial.
(b) He has no authority.
(c) He does not have any evidence.
(d) He was given false information.
4. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Sleep with Pompeia.
(b) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(c) Execute people without a trial.
(d) Accuse him of treachery.
5. Who desecrates the Bona Dea?
6. Who reveals Catilina's scheme to Cicero?
7. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
(a) 1 billion.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 20 million.
(d) 1 million.
8. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To cut back taxes.
(b) To benefit the veterans.
(c) To give the people free grain.
(d) To have a home for himself.
9. Who helps Clodius change his status?
10. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
11. What does Bibulus do when he returns home after the Senate hearings at night?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(b) Smokes opium.
(c) Watches the sky.
(d) Meets with Servelia.
12. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Tenure over Egypt.
(b) Tax privileges.
(c) Vital performance information.
(d) Trade embargos.
13. How old is Caesar when he becomes the Senior Consul?
14. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
15. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) He holds a filibuster.
(b) He campaigns against it.
(c) He asks the boni to review it.
(d) He vetoes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
2. What does Crassus demand when he gives money to Caesar?
3. Why does Caesar choose to prosecute Rabirius?
4. What is Ptolemy's title?
5. What is Rabirius's occupation?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)