|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar not borrow money from Crassus for his debts?
(a) He is hiding his debt.
(b) He refuses to borrow money from friends.
(c) He doesn't trust Crassus.
(d) He has a plan to pay it off himself.
2. What does Pompey always consult Julia about?
(a) Trade rations.
(b) Meal preperation.
(c) Physical appearances.
(d) Political decisions.
3. Who does Caesar treat Calpurnia like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His servant.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Caesar accuse Rabirius of?
(a) High treason.
5. Who negotiated Caesar's debts for him?
6. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 50 million.
(d) 1 billion.
7. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To have a home for himself.
(b) To cut back taxes.
(c) To give the people free grain.
(d) To benefit the veterans.
8. What does Cicero try to arrest Caesar for?
(a) Falsifying evidence.
(b) Slandering officials.
(c) Starting a violent meeting.
(d) Misusing Senate power.
9. What causes the Roman depression?
(a) Corruption of senators.
(b) Costly court rituals.
(c) Mishandled funds.
(d) The war in the East.
10. What does Caesar accuse Catalus of?
(a) Lying in court.
(b) Embezzling money.
(c) Helping Catilina.
(d) Slandering noblemen.
11. Who allowed the person in, who desecrated the Bona Dea?
(c) Pompeia's servant.
12. What is Cicero's first name?
13. How does Cato try to block Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
(a) He vetoes it.
(b) He campaigns against it.
(c) He holds a filibuster.
(d) He asks the boni to review it.
14. What does Caesar do in Spain that worries the boni?
(a) Sends no word.
(b) Gets re-married.
(c) Changes laws.
(d) Has success.
15. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Catalus does Caesar want to destroy?
2. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
3. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
4. Who warns Caesar of the boni's deception?
5. What does Cato shout in the Senate when asked about Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)