|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
2. Who does Caesar say dominates the business world?
3. What is Ptolemy's title?
4. Who warns Caesar of the boni's deception?
5. What is the Bona Dea?
(a) A religious celebration.
(b) A sacrificial ceremony.
(c) A Greek goddess.
(d) An election process.
6. What is Caesar's greatest goal?
(a) To marry an Egyptian woman.
(b) To conquer the world.
(c) To make peace with Spain.
(d) To usurp Pompey.
7. What does Cicero do to infuriate Caesar?
(a) Execute people without a trial.
(b) Spread news of his affair with Servelia.
(c) Sleep with Pompeia.
(d) Accuse him of treachery.
8. Who helps Clodius change his status?
9. Who is Caesar's tribune?
10. Why does Clodius want to annex Cyprus?
(a) To have a home for himself.
(b) To give the people free grain.
(c) To benefit the veterans.
(d) To cut back taxes.
11. What is Cicero's position?
(b) Pontifus Minor.
(c) Senior consul.
(d) Sacrificial Officer.
12. What causes the Roman depression?
(a) Mishandled funds.
(b) The war in the East.
(c) Corruption of senators.
(d) Costly court rituals.
13. What has Spain changed about Caesar?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His complacency.
(c) His family relations.
(d) His desires.
14. How is Caesar warned of the boni's deception?
(a) A coded message.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A letter.
(d) A personal visit.
15. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
(a) A province.
(b) A new position.
(c) Some tax money.
(d) A pardon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new knowledge does Caesar use to get back at Cicero?
2. Who allowed the person in, who desecrated the Bona Dea?
3. How old is Caesar when he becomes the Senior Consul?
4. Which of these is NOT in Caesar's triumvirate?
5. How much does Caesar owe his debtors?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)