|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassius say he will do if he is elected Consul?
(a) Raise taxes.
(b) End the war.
(c) Surge the economy.
(d) Cancel all debts.
2. What does Caesar accuse Catalus of?
(a) Lying in court.
(b) Slandering noblemen.
(c) Embezzling money.
(d) Helping Catilina.
3. Who reveals Catilina's scheme to Cicero?
4. How does Catilina insult Cicero while being questioned?
(a) Reveals the affair he had with his wife.
(b) Mocks his lack of heritage.
(c) Lists all the bad things that happened during his consulship.
(d) Mocks his short stature.
5. What does Caesar grant Ptolemy?
(a) Trade embargos.
(b) Tax privileges.
(c) Tenure over Egypt.
(d) Vital performance information.
6. What is Cicero's first name?
7. What does Caesar deal with as praetor urbanus?
(b) Religious offerings.
(d) Public contacts.
8. What power does Caesar's tribune try to take away from the Senate?
(a) The power to change decisions of the Assembly.
(b) The privilege of secret voting.
(c) The power to give campaigning speeches before voting.
(d) The power of Veto.
9. What does Cato call Caesar's land bill that would benefit Pompey?
10. Who does Cicero blame for the Roman depression?
(a) All of these.
11. Who desecrates the Bona Dea?
12. What does Caesar hope to be given to solve his money problems?
(a) A new position.
(b) Some tax money.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A province.
13. Why does Caesar say Catilina never posed an accusable threat to Rome?
(a) The armies never entered Rome.
(b) He was fighting for Rome.
(c) There was never a declaration of war.
(d) He was planning to join Pompey.
14. Who allowed the person in, who desecrated the Bona Dea?
(a) Pompeia's servant.
15. What causes the Roman depression?
(a) Mishandled funds.
(b) The war in the East.
(c) Corruption of senators.
(d) Costly court rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Caesar exile Rabirius?
2. Who does Caesar say dominates the military world?
3. What is Caesar given money to do in Far Spain?
4. What does Cicero think Catilina is recruiting in secret?
5. What is Rabirius's occupation?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)