|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gaius Marius?
(a) The first Governor of Rome.
(b) A famous soldier.
(c) A First Man of Rome.
(d) A Roman God.
2. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
(a) The blight.
(b) The taxes.
(c) The piracy.
(d) The riots.
3. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
4. What nickname does Clodius get when he is with Lucius?
(a) The Lowly Nobleman.
(b) The Poor Rich Man.
(c) The Soldier's Friend.
(d) The Noble Peasant.
5. Who does Cornelius work for?
6. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
7. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
(a) He looks down on them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He enjoys them.
(d) He pities them.
8. How does Lucius treat Clodius?
(a) He teases him.
(b) He embraces him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He dotes on him.
9. How old is Brutus when he becomes rich?
10. What does Auerelia not like about the new house of the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) It is smaller than sh expected.
(b) It smells of incense.
(c) There are no private places.
(d) It is harder to watch for Pomepeia.
11. How does Brutus's betrothed feel about Brutus?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is very attracted to him.
(c) She sees him as a friend.
(d) She is afraid of him.
12. What does a curule do?
(a) Count money.
(b) Count votes.
(c) Collect taxes.
(d) Take care of buildings.
13. What does the Pontifus Maximus get once he is elected?
(a) Power to make political judgements.
(b) Land ownership.
(c) Extended loans.
(d) A house paid for with taxes.
14. What is a growing problem in Rome that Caesar talks to the First Man about?
15. What is Caesar's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Clodius and Lucius related?
2. What assembly elected Pompey?
3. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
4. Who does Servilia want as a daughter-in-law?
5. How long is the Ludi Meglenses?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)