|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cato feel about Caesar's festivals?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is confused.
2. What group does Fabia belong to?
(a) The Vestal Virgins.
(b) The Senate Women.
(c) The Nurses of Mercy.
(d) The Daughters of Zeuss.
3. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
4. Who is Gaius Marius?
(a) A Roman God.
(b) A First Man of Rome.
(c) A famous soldier.
(d) The first Governor of Rome.
5. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
(a) The riots.
(b) The blight.
(c) The taxes.
(d) The piracy.
6. Who is Caepio's heir?
7. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
(a) His popularity.
(b) His money.
(c) His military strength.
(d) His previous position.
8. How long was Caesar gone, when he returns at the beginning of the book?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 9 months.
9. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
(a) She is furious.
(b) All of these.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is jealous.
10. What does Caesar plan to do to get the approval he needs?
(a) Cowtow to the reigning leaders.
(b) Dig up dirt on the other leaders.
(c) Defeat other men.
(d) Build his own faction.
11. What intrigues Caesar about Servilia?
(a) Her power.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her innocence.
(d) Her intelligence.
12. Where does Caesar move after becoming the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) The Domus Publica.
(b) The Row of Officials.
(c) The Public Garden.
(d) The Church Court.
13. What does the Popular assembly elect Caesar to be?
14. Who does Cornelius work for?
15. How does Brutus feel about his new wealth?
(a) He is distressed.
(b) He is grateful.
(c) He is confused.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the current First Man in Rome?
2. What does Caesar tell Crassus to profit from?
3. What does Caesar say to Lucius after he is elected the Pontifus Maximus?
4. What is Licenia's title?
5. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)