|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the First Man in Rome skilled at?
(a) International affairs.
(b) Military tactics.
(d) Financial matters.
2. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
(a) He loses his command.
(b) Mutiny strikes.
(c) He is out on trial.
(d) All of these.
3. Who does Cornelius work for?
4. What rumor is spread about Lucius?
(a) He does not pay taxes.
(b) He is an Egyptian spy.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is stealing spoils of war.
5. What is Polyxena's position?
(c) Vestal Virgin.
6. How does Cato describe Caesar's festivals?
7. What religious role does the Pontifus Maximus hold?
(a) Sacrfice Official.
(b) Offering Overseer.
(c) High Priest.
(d) Confession Master.
8. Where is Caesar coming home from at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
(a) Grow more grain.
(b) Train new recruits.
(c) Fortify Ostia.
(d) Stop the pirates.
10. What river does Caesar tap into during the Ludi Meglenses?
11. Who helps Servelia make her son rich?
(a) A slave.
(b) Her brother.
12. How does Caepio die?
(a) He has a venerial disease.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is poisoned.
13. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
14. What does Lucius concentrate on?
(a) Defeating the Eastern kingdoms.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Honoring his father.
(d) Getting rich.
15. Who tricks Cato into presenting Pompey's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who robs Clodius?
2. Why does someone say Caesar is a better man than Pompey?
3. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Caesar want to have happen to violators when he is a curule?
5. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)