|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar plan to do to get the approval he needs?
(a) Cowtow to the reigning leaders.
(b) Build his own faction.
(c) Dig up dirt on the other leaders.
(d) Defeat other men.
2. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) Find dirt on the Vestal Virgins.
(b) Keep Caesar occupied.
(c) Keep an eye on Pompeia.
(d) Bring her news of the city.
3. Who does Cornelius work for?
4. What rumor is spread about Lucius?
(a) He is stealing spoils of war.
(b) He does not pay taxes.
(c) He is an Egyptian spy.
(d) He is having an affair.
5. What kind of feast is the Ludi Meglenses?
6. How does Lucius treat Clodius?
(a) He teases him.
(b) He embraces him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He dotes on him.
7. What assembly elected Pompey?
8. To whom is Brutus betrothed?
9. How does Cato describe Caesar's festivals?
10. What does the Pontifus Maximus get once he is elected?
(a) Land ownership.
(b) Extended loans.
(c) A house paid for with taxes.
(d) Power to make political judgements.
11. What kind of list does Clodius compile after losing his case?
(a) A holy list.
(b) A revenge list.
(c) An evidence list.
(d) An advice list.
12. What happens to Clodius after his case against Fabia is lost?
(a) He loses his election.
(b) He is shunned.
(c) He is taxed.
(d) He is welcomed into the Boni.
13. Who is Caepio's heir?
14. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is furious.
(c) All of these.
(d) She is amused.
15. Who robs Clodius?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
2. How does Brutus feel about his new wealth?
3. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
4. What does a curule do?
5. What does Caesar say the Pontifus Maximus office will NOT do for him?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)