|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sulla abolish when he was in command?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Military.
(c) The Assembly.
(d) The Temple.
2. How long was Caesar gone, when he returns at the beginning of the book?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 15 months.
3. What does Julia think when she is around Brutus?
(a) He is annoying.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is boring.
4. What are the Ludi Meglenses called?
(a) The first peace.
(b) The first love.
(c) The first light.
(d) The first games.
5. What does Caesar say to Lucius after he is elected the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) All of these.
(b) His feelings for him will not change.
(c) He is welcome in the new home.
(d) He will be the same man.
6. What religious role does the Pontifus Maximus hold?
(a) Sacrfice Official.
(b) Offering Overseer.
(c) High Priest.
(d) Confession Master.
7. What does a curule do?
(a) Take care of buildings.
(b) Count votes.
(c) Collect taxes.
(d) Count money.
8. How does Caesar feel about being asked to help Pompey?
9. How does Brutus feel about his brothers?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is amused by them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He has pity on them.
10. What does Caesar say the Pontifus Maximus office will NOT do for him?
(a) Shift his loyalties.
(b) Extend his loan.
(c) Change him.
(d) Pay his debts.
11. What does Auerelia not like about the new house of the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) It smells of incense.
(b) It is harder to watch for Pomepeia.
(c) There are no private places.
(d) It is smaller than sh expected.
12. What is Caesar's family name?
13. What is the Pontifus Maximus patriarch over?
(a) The Sacrifice House.
(b) The Garden of the Gods.
(c) The Vestal Virgins.
(d) The Holy Nurses.
14. What inspires the restarted affair between Caesar and Servelia?
(a) Servelia's daughter is born.
(b) Brutus's inheritance.
(c) Brutus's betrothal ends.
(d) Caesar's marriage dissolves.
15. What does Balbus teach Caesar?
(c) Public speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gabinius and Caesar become friends?
2. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
3. Why does Caesar have such a strong following?
4. Who is Gaius Marius?
5. How old is Brutus's betrothed when he becomes wealthy?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)