|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a curule do?
(a) Collect taxes.
(b) Count money.
(c) Take care of buildings.
(d) Count votes.
2. What kind of feast is the Ludi Meglenses?
3. How many of the Boni run for Pontifus Maximus against Caesar?
4. What religious role does the Pontifus Maximus hold?
(a) Offering Overseer.
(b) High Priest.
(c) Sacrfice Official.
(d) Confession Master.
5. What is Popilla's occupation?
(d) Vestal Virgin.
6. Who is Caepio's heir?
7. What kind of grain was stolen in Ostia?
8. Who is Caesar's adopted father figure?
9. How old is Brutus's betrothed when he becomes wealthy?
10. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
(a) Train new recruits.
(b) Fortify Ostia.
(c) Stop the pirates.
(d) Grow more grain.
11. What fascinates Caesar in the fire of Vesta?
(a) Ancient Laws.
(b) The blueprints of the city.
(c) All of these.
(d) The pictoglyphs.
12. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
13. What does Lucius concentrate on?
(a) Defeating the Eastern kingdoms.
(b) Honoring his father.
(c) Finding a job.
(d) Getting rich.
14. What is Licenia's title?
(c) Chief Vestal.
(d) Garden Guardian.
15. How does Brutus feel about his brothers?
(a) He has pity on them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is amused by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Caesar gone, when he returns at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Catalus try to get Caesar to not run for the Pontifus Maximus?
3. What does Clodius accuse Fabia of?
4. What do Clodius and Caesar have in common?
5. What happens when the rumor is spread about Lucius?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)