|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
(a) His manners.
(b) His servants.
(c) His women.
(d) His temper.
2. Why does Aurelia worry about her daughter-in-law after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) She is very stupid.
(b) She is close to discovering Caesar's infidelity.
(c) She has strange rendezvous.
(d) She is spending time with Claudians.
3. To whom is Brutus betrothed?
4. Who spreads the rumor about Lucius?
5. Who restarts the affair between Caesar and Servelia?
6. What do the people of Rome do when grain prices are raised?
(a) They call for a new election.
(b) All of these.
(c) They boycott the market.
(d) They riot.
7. Who stole the grain in Ostia?
8. What happens to Clodius after his case against Fabia is lost?
(a) He is shunned.
(b) He loses his election.
(c) He is welcomed into the Boni.
(d) He is taxed.
9. How did Gabinius and Caesar become friends?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) Their senate seats are next to each other.
(c) They were in the military together.
(d) They are old family friends.
10. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is furious.
(c) All of these.
(d) She is amused.
11. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
(a) The taxes.
(b) The agriculture center.
(c) The budget.
(d) The borders.
12. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
13. What does Caesar tell Crassus to profit from?
(a) Grain prices.
(c) Property values.
(d) High taxes.
14. What is Popilla's occupation?
(c) Vestal Virgin.
15. Who robs Clodius?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
2. What group does Fabia belong to?
3. What does Caesar want to have happen to violators when he is a curule?
4. What kind of races are part of the Ludi Meglenses?
5. How does the Senate feel about Pompey as a leader?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)