|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Clodius get when he is with Lucius?
(a) The Lowly Nobleman.
(b) The Poor Rich Man.
(c) The Soldier's Friend.
(d) The Noble Peasant.
2. What fascinates Caesar in the fire of Vesta?
(a) All of these.
(b) The blueprints of the city.
(c) The pictoglyphs.
(d) Ancient Laws.
3. How does Caepio die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He has a venerial disease.
4. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) Keep an eye on Pompeia.
(b) Bring her news of the city.
(c) Keep Caesar occupied.
(d) Find dirt on the Vestal Virgins.
5. What fear does the Senate have about Pompey as a leader?
(a) He might change critical laws.
(b) He might not be learned enough.
(c) He might turn into a dictator.
(d) He might die in battle.
6. What is Popilla's occupation?
(a) Vestal Virgin.
7. When does Servelia give birth to Caesar's daughter?
8. What does the Pontifus Maximus get once he is elected?
(a) Extended loans.
(b) Power to make political judgements.
(c) Land ownership.
(d) A house paid for with taxes.
9. What is Vetu's title?
10. What is a growing problem in Rome that Caesar talks to the First Man about?
11. Where is Caesar coming home from at the beginning of the book?
12. Who comes to Caesar's mother's house to discuss politics?
(b) Military wives.
(c) The Senators.
(d) The judges.
13. Who helps Servelia make her son rich?
(a) A slave.
(d) Her brother.
14. What does the Popular assembly elect Caesar to be?
15. What does Julia think when she is around Brutus?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is annoying.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caesar move after becoming the Pontifus Maximus?
2. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
3. What kind of place does Clodius frequent after losing his case?
4. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
5. How does Cato describe Caesar's festivals?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)