Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the new house with Caesar after he becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) His lover.
(b) The Boni masters.
(c) The priest court.
(d) His family.
2. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
(a) The taxes.
(b) The agriculture center.
(c) The budget.
(d) The borders.
3. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
(a) His servants.
(b) His women.
(c) His manners.
(d) His temper.
4. What kind of place does Clodius frequent after losing his case?
5. Who robs Clodius?
6. What is given to the public for free at the Ludi Meglenses?
(b) All of these.
7. What is Polyxena's position?
(a) Vestal Virgin.
8. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) Keep Caesar occupied.
(b) Keep an eye on Pompeia.
(c) Find dirt on the Vestal Virgins.
(d) Bring her news of the city.
9. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
(a) Train new recruits.
(b) Grow more grain.
(c) Fortify Ostia.
(d) Stop the pirates.
10. How does Servelia feel about Caesar's marriage?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) All of these.
(d) She is amused.
11. What does Auerelia not like about the new house of the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) It is harder to watch for Pomepeia.
(b) It is smaller than sh expected.
(c) It smells of incense.
(d) There are no private places.
12. What does a curule do?
(a) Collect taxes.
(b) Take care of buildings.
(c) Count votes.
(d) Count money.
13. What group does Fabia belong to?
(a) The Senate Women.
(b) The Vestal Virgins.
(c) The Nurses of Mercy.
(d) The Daughters of Zeuss.
14. What assembly elected Pompey?
15. What does Balbus teach Caesar?
(c) Public speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gabinius and Caesar become friends?
2. What river does Caesar tap into during the Ludi Meglenses?
3. How does Clodius feel about the lower classes?
4. Where is Caesar coming home from at the beginning of the book?
5. What inspires the restarted affair between Caesar and Servelia?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)