|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ervelia name Caesar's daughter?
2. What is the First Man in Rome skilled at?
(a) International affairs.
(b) Financial matters.
(c) Military tactics.
3. What does the Popular assembly elect Caesar to be?
4. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
(a) The riots.
(b) The blight.
(c) The taxes.
(d) The piracy.
5. Who is Caepio's heir?
6. How are Clodius and Lucius related?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
7. What is Vetu's title?
8. Who does Caesar work with as a curule?
9. What does Caesar tell Crassus to profit from?
(a) Grain prices.
(b) Property values.
(d) High taxes.
10. What does Caesar plan to do to get the approval he needs?
(a) Build his own faction.
(b) Defeat other men.
(c) Dig up dirt on the other leaders.
(d) Cowtow to the reigning leaders.
11. Who is Gaius Marius?
(a) A famous soldier.
(b) A First Man of Rome.
(c) A Roman God.
(d) The first Governor of Rome.
12. Who restarts the affair between Caesar and Servelia?
13. What kind of races are part of the Ludi Meglenses?
(a) Chariot races.
(b) Hawking races.
(c) Dog races.
(d) Foot races.
14. Where does Caesar move after becoming the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) The Row of Officials.
(b) The Domus Publica.
(c) The Church Court.
(d) The Public Garden.
15. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
(a) His money.
(b) His popularity.
(c) His previous position.
(d) His military strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar fix for the province, at the beginning of the book?
2. How is Sulla described?
3. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
4. Who tricks Cato into presenting Pompey's name?
5. What does Caesar say the Pontifus Maximus office will NOT do for him?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)