|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cornelius work for?
2. How does Caepio die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He has a venerial disease.
3. What does the Popular assembly elect Caesar to be?
4. What does Caesar tell Clodius to control?
(a) His servants.
(b) His temper.
(c) His women.
(d) His manners.
5. What does Lucius concentrate on?
(a) Defeating the Eastern kingdoms.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Getting rich.
(d) Honoring his father.
6. What problem is Gabinius trying to eradicate?
(a) The taxes.
(b) The piracy.
(c) The blight.
(d) The riots.
7. What does Caesar plan to do to get the approval he needs?
(a) Build his own faction.
(b) Dig up dirt on the other leaders.
(c) Cowtow to the reigning leaders.
(d) Defeat other men.
8. What does Aurelia ask Polyxena to do when she moves to a new house after Caesar becomes Pontifus Maximus?
(a) Find dirt on the Vestal Virgins.
(b) Bring her news of the city.
(c) Keep Caesar occupied.
(d) Keep an eye on Pompeia.
9. How does Caesar feel about being asked to help Pompey?
10. Who is the current First Man in Rome?
11. What does Caesar rely on to win the Pontifus Maximus election?
(a) His previous position.
(b) His money.
(c) His popularity.
(d) His military strength.
12. What do Clodius and Caesar have in common?
(a) They are having an affair.
(b) They want Brutus's wealth.
(c) They want to be the First Man.
(d) They have beautiful daughters.
13. Where does Caesar move after becoming the Pontifus Maximus?
(a) The Domus Publica.
(b) The Church Court.
(c) The Row of Officials.
(d) The Public Garden.
14. How is Sulla described?
(c) Mad man.
(d) All of these.
15. What is Cato's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Servelia give birth to Caesar's daughter?
2. How does Caesar provide shade at the festivals he oversees?
3. How old is Brutus's betrothed when he becomes wealthy?
4. How does Cato feel about Caesar's festivals?
5. What does the fire of Vesta hold?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)