|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI May of 60 B.C.- March of 58 B.C.: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey get a military command to do?
(a) Stop the pirates.
(b) Train new recruits.
(c) Fortify Ostia.
(d) Grow more grain.
2. How does Caesar finance the festivals he puts on?
(a) He takes out loans.
(b) He uses his inheritance.
(c) He uses tax money.
(d) He steals from the coffers.
3. What do the people of Rome do when grain prices are raised?
(a) They call for a new election.
(b) All of these.
(c) They riot.
(d) They boycott the market.
4. How does Catilina insult Cicero while being questioned?
(a) Reveals the affair he had with his wife.
(b) Mocks his lack of heritage.
(c) Lists all the bad things that happened during his consulship.
(d) Mocks his short stature.
5. Where is Caesar coming home from at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does the Senate have about Pompey as a leader?
2. What causes the Roman depression?
3. What does a curule do?
4. What is Popilla's occupation?
5. What about Catalus does Caesar want to destroy?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)