|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1962, the total amount of federally built reservoir storage in the nation was somewhere around how many acres-feet?
(a) 950 million.
(b) 300 million.
(c) 2 billion.
(d) 80 million.
2. When was the Central Valley Project Act passed in California?
3. In 1964, what Interior Secretary ordered Commissioner Floyd Dominy to investigate the number of violations occurring within the service area of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California?
(a) Stewart Udall.
(b) George Chaffey.
(c) Ray Roberts.
(d) Lloyd Tevis.
4. The Central Arizona Project was created by the Colorado River Basin Project Act of which year?
5. Richard Wilson had a degree in agricultural engineering from which institution?
(a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(b) Dartmouth College.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Princeton University.
6. The author describes a restaurant at which hotel in Clayton, Georgia, in the beginning of Chapter Nine?
(a) The Richardson Motor Lodge.
(b) The Bellingham Hotel.
(c) The Davis Lodge.
(d) The Dillard Motor Hotel.
7. In 1962, there were how many megawatts of installed hydroelectric generating capacity in the United States?
8. By the mid-1920s, thanks to irrigation pumping, California had surpassed what as the richest agricultural state in the country?
9. In what year did the Hohokam culture disappear?
10. In what year was the legislation on the Hoover Dam passed?
11. Chapter Ten is subtitled what?
(a) “The Go-Go Years.”
(b) “Those Who Refuse to learn…”
(d) “A Country of Illusion.”
12. What was the eleventh-largest landowner in California in 1980?
(a) Irvine Ranch.
(b) The DiGiorgio Company.
(c) The Tenneco Corporation.
(d) Sierra Pacific Industries.
13. The author states there are currently how many acres of cultivated land per person in the U.S. in Chapter Six?
14. The author described the Gross National Product of California to be what in Chapter Ten?
(a) $235 billion.
(b) $1.13 trillion.
(c) $820 billion.
(d) $485 billion.
15. The Pine Flat Dam is located approximately twenty miles east of what city?
(a) Redding, California.
(b) Truckee, California.
(c) Fresno, California.
(d) Oakland, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. In San Francisco, average rainfall in May is how much?
2. In his budget request for fiscal year 1945, FDR included a request of how much money to permit the Bureau to begin work on the Kings River?
3. Who was Pat Brown’s water resources chief?
4. On what date did Major General William F. Cassidy give a speech titled “The Future of Water Development” before a gathering of his peers in Davis, California, according to the author in Chapter Six?
5. What important figure refused to attend the dedication of the Hoover Dam?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)