|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, “Fifty-six years after the first earth was turned beside City Creek, the Mormons had” how many “acres under full or partial irrigation in several states”?
2. When was the revised and updated version of Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water published?
3. What handpicked Fresno legislature member once referred to groundwater regulation as “World War III”?
(a) Ken Maddy.
(b) Cordell Hull.
(c) Harry Morrison.
(d) Ray Roberts.
4. In 1848, what was the population of San Francisco?
5. What region is located in southeastern Southern California, and is the site of an urban area largely centered on the city of El Centro?
(a) The San Joaquin Valley.
(b) Silicon Valley.
(c) The Sacramento Valley.
(d) Imperial Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pine Flat Dam is located approximately twenty miles east of what city?
2. What important figure refused to attend the dedication of the Hoover Dam?
3. What is the title of the book’s Introduction?
4. Who wrote the authorized history titled Water for the West?
5. About what percent of the state of California receives less than twenty inches of precipitation a year?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)