|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the archeological record titled Snaketown?
(a) N.H. Darton.
(b) Emil Haury.
(c) Marriner Stoddard Eccles.
(d) Paul Sears.
2. The author states in Chapter Ten that “In eighty-two years, the Bureau would see the breakup of only one major illegal landholding through to the end” What company was this?
(a) The Tenneco Corporation.
(b) Sierra Pacific Industries.
(c) The DiGiorgio Company.
(d) Irvine Ranch.
3. When was John Wesley Powell born?
4. Who wrote the authorized history titled Water for the West?
(a) Floyd Dominy.
(b) Michael Robinson.
(c) W. H. Wattis.
(d) Jim Wright.
5. Who is described as “a lawyer in the Interior solicitor’s office through the 1960s and early 1970s, until she resigned and joined the legal staff of California’s Department of Water Resources” in Chapter Ten?
(a) Francis G. Newlands.
(b) Robert Caro.
(c) Rita Singer.
(d) Bill Warne.
Short Answer Questions
1. California’s Eel River peaked at 765,000 cubic feet per second during the Christmas flood of what year?
2. From whom did Harrison Gray Otis purchase the Santa Barbara Press?
3. In January of 1862, San Francisco recorded how many inches of rain?
4. The Kern County Land Company later became the main agricultural holding of what conglomerate?
5. In 1848, what was the population of San Francisco?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)