|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author described the Gross National Product of California to be what in Chapter Ten?
(a) $1.13 trillion.
(b) $485 billion.
(c) $235 billion.
(d) $820 billion.
2. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
3. By the mid-1920s, thanks to irrigation pumping, California had surpassed what as the richest agricultural state in the country?
4. The dedication ceremony of the Hoover Dam drew approximately how many people?
5. What word used in the book’s Introduction means allowing the maximum passage of light, as glass?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Wesley Powell figured that if you evenly distributed all of the surface water flowing between the Columbia River and the Gulf of Mexico, you would have what?
2. The Grand Coulee is an ancient riverbed in what U.S. state?
3. The annual income of Las Vegas is what percentage of the entire gross national product of Egypt, according to the author in Chapter Four?
4. At what swank resort outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico, did the negotiation of the Colorado River Compact take place?
5. Harry Morrison and Morris Knudsen, two engineers formerly with the Bureau of Reclamation, went into business together where, according to the author in Chapter Four?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)