|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important figure refused to attend the dedication of the Hoover Dam?
(a) B.B. Moeur.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Barry Goldwater.
(d) Henry J. Kaiser.
2. Who was Pat Brown’s water resources chief?
(a) Bill Warne.
(b) Mike Strauss.
(c) Paul Sears.
(d) E. O. Wattis.
3. What is the title of Chapter Three?
(a) “The Red Queen.”
(b) “Things Fall Apart.”
(c) “A Country of Illusion.”
(d) “First Causes.”
4. What is the state capital of Utah?
(a) Salt Lake City.
5. By the mid-1920s, thanks to irrigation pumping, California had surpassed what as the richest agricultural state in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Jimmy Carter begin his term as the 39th President of the United States?
2. According to the author in Chapter Three, regarding the Bureau of Reclamation, “The most auspicious event in its entire history was the election to the presidency in 1932 of a freewheeling, free-spending” what?
3. In what county is Phoenix, Arizona?
4. What is the title of Chapter Eight?
5. What handpicked Fresno legislature member once referred to groundwater regulation as “World War III”?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)