|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 & 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The annual income of Las Vegas is what percentage of the entire gross national product of Egypt, according to the author in Chapter Four?
2. How many acres of marsh and swamp forest were converted to farms in Arkansas and Louisiana, according to the author in the Introduction?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 9 million.
(c) 60 million.
(d) 3 million.
3. What from San Bernardino found their way to the 1884 World’s Fair in New Orleans, where they attracted crowds?
(a) Himalayan blackberries.
(b) Bing cherries.
(c) Red Delicious apples.
(d) Valencia oranges.
4. The Kern County Land Company later became the main agricultural holding of what conglomerate?
(a) The Tenneco Corporation.
(b) Sierra Pacific Industries.
(c) The DiGiorgio Company.
(d) Irvine Ranch.
5. When did Harrison Gray Otis move to Santa Barbara, California?
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, the four rivers of Tulare Basin went into two terminal lakes, Tulare and what?
2. The Kings, the Kaweah, the Tule, and what are the southernmost rivers flowing out of the Sierra Nevada into the Central Valley of California?
3. Who is quoted in the beginning of Chapter Four as stating, “Ours was the first and will doubtless be the last party of whites to visit this profitless locale”?
4. Where was Harry Chandler born?
5. According to the author, “New England was completely forested in 1620 and nearly deforested” how many years later?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)