|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 & 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
2. How many major dams does the author say California has in the Introduction?
3. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
(a) November to March.
(b) March to July.
(c) May to September.
(d) August to December.
4. The narrator states in Chapter Four that “If the Colorado River suddenly stopped flowing, you would have” how many “years of carryover capacity in the reservoirs before you had to evacuate most of southern California and Arizona and a good portion of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming”?
5. The author begins Chapter Three by stating, “When archaeologists from some other planet sift through the bleached bones of our civilization, they may well conclude that our temples were” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
2. The Sierra Nevada foothills are how many miles across the Central Valley from San Francisco?
3. The author states there are currently how many acres of cultivated land per person in the U.S. in Chapter Six?
4. What was the population of Phoenix, Arizona, in 1940?
5. When was Marc Reisner born?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)