|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter Two, “the most persecuted among the virtuous in nineteenth-century America were, besides peaceful Indians and runaway slaves and Mennonites and Quakers, the members of” what faith?
(a) The Muslim faith.
(b) The Mormon faith.
(c) The Christian Science faith.
(d) The Jewish faith.
2. When was Harrison Gray Otis born?
3. At what swank resort outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico, did the negotiation of the Colorado River Compact take place?
(a) Thirty Palms Resort.
(b) Bishop’s Lodge.
(c) Mesa Verde Lodge.
(d) Desert Oasis Hotel and Spa.
4. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
5. Harry Morrison and Morris Knudsen, two engineers formerly with the Bureau of Reclamation, went into business together where, according to the author in Chapter Four?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Boise, Idaho.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two sheep-ranching Mormon brothers named who were captivated by the Boulder Canyon Project, according to the author in Chapter Four?
2. Where was William Mulholland born?
3. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt born?
4. What is one of the largest and hottest deserts in North America, with an area of 311,000 square kilometers?
5. How many acres of marsh and swamp forest were converted to farms in Arkansas and Louisiana, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)