|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The population of San Francisco went over how many in 1853?
2. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
(a) November to March.
(b) August to December.
(c) March to July.
(d) May to September.
3. Which states are touched by the Colorado River?
(a) Idaho, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado.
(b) Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.
(c) Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California.
(d) New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado.
4. According to the author in Chapter Three, regarding the Bureau of Reclamation, “The most auspicious event in its entire history was the election to the presidency in 1932 of a freewheeling, free-spending” what?
5. According to the author in Chapter Two, “the most persecuted among the virtuous in nineteenth-century America were, besides peaceful Indians and runaway slaves and Mennonites and Quakers, the members of” what faith?
(a) The Muslim faith.
(b) The Mormon faith.
(c) The Jewish faith.
(d) The Christian Science faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Charles Rockwood see the Colorado River for the first time?
2. In what year did Marc Reisner die?
3. In what year was the Hoover Dam dedicated?
4. How long does the author say civilization had existed in Utah since Brigham Young led his followers there, in the Introduction?
5. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt born?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)