|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, “New England was completely forested in 1620 and nearly deforested” how many years later?
2. When was the revised and updated version of Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water published?
3. How much of the water in California is used for irrigation purposes, according to the author?
4. According to the author in the Introduction, “Modern Utah, where large-scale irrigation has been going on longer than anywhere else,” has what percent of its land area under cultivation?
5. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two sheep-ranching Mormon brothers named who were captivated by the Boulder Canyon Project, according to the author in Chapter Four?
2. What is the state capital of Utah?
3. What mountain range described in the Introduction stretches approximately 160 miles from the Utah-Idaho border, south through central Utah in the western United States?
4. At what swank resort outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico, did the negotiation of the Colorado River Compact take place?
5. What is the title of Chapter Three?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)