|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marriner Stoddard Eccles born?
2. What were the two sheep-ranching Mormon brothers named who were captivated by the Boulder Canyon Project, according to the author in Chapter Four?
(a) F. B. and J. N. Matthews.
(b) A. T. and P. C. Ebbet.
(c) W. H. and E. O. Wattis.
(d) M. E. and P. M. Jacobs.
3. In what year did Franklin D. Roosevelt take office as President of the United States?
4. In 1848, what was the population of San Francisco?
5. Who was to the man to “discover a malleable yellow rock in the tail race of Sutter’s Mill on the American River above Sacramento” in the 1800s,” according to the author in Chapter One?
(a) Emil Haury.
(b) Floyd Dominy.
(c) C.W. Hollister.
(d) James Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. The drop to the Colorado River is nearly how many feet?
2. Who did Charles Rockwood convince to join forces with him in irrigation, according to the author in Chapter Four?
3. According to the author in the Introduction, “Fifty-six years after the first earth was turned beside City Creek, the Mormons had” how many “acres under full or partial irrigation in several states”?
4. What from San Bernardino found their way to the 1884 World’s Fair in New Orleans, where they attracted crowds?
5. When was John Wesley Powell born?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)