|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Bayano Dam built?
2. The negotiation of the Colorado River Compact took place in what year, under the guidance of Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover?
3. What is the title of the book’s Introduction?
(a) Rivals in Crime.
(b) A Semidesert with a Desert Heart.
(d) First Causes.
4. Harry Morrison and Morris Knudsen, two engineers formerly with the Bureau of Reclamation, went into business together where, according to the author in Chapter Four?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Boise, Idaho.
5. In 1885, the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad linked Los Angeles directly with what city?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What western city does the author describe “with exotic palms and golf-course lawns and a five-hundred-foot fountain and an artificial surf” in the Introduction?
2. How much of the water in California is used for irrigation purposes, according to the author?
3. William Mulholland’s father held what profession?
4. What is the title of Chapter Three?
5. The author describes flying over the state of Utah on his way back to California in what year in the Introduction?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)