|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marc Reisner born?
2. According to the author in the Introduction, “Fifty-six years after the first earth was turned beside City Creek, the Mormons had” how many “acres under full or partial irrigation in several states”?
3. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
4. What was the population of San Francisco in 1851?
5. Who was to the man to “discover a malleable yellow rock in the tail race of Sutter’s Mill on the American River above Sacramento” in the 1800s,” according to the author in Chapter One?
(a) C.W. Hollister.
(b) Emil Haury.
(c) Floyd Dominy.
(d) James Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Boulder Dam authorized and the All-American Canal on the condition that at least six of the seven states ratify the compact?
2. How much of the water in California is used for irrigation purposes, according to the author?
3. What word used in the book’s Introduction means allowing the maximum passage of light, as glass?
4. In 1885, the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad linked Los Angeles directly with what city?
5. How long does the author say civilization had existed in Utah since Brigham Young led his followers there, in the Introduction?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)