|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 & 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first boom of travelers to Los Angeles culminated in what year, according to the author in Chapter Two?
2. When was the Reclamation Act established?
3. The narrator states in Chapter Four that “If the Colorado River suddenly stopped flowing, you would have” how many “years of carryover capacity in the reservoirs before you had to evacuate most of southern California and Arizona and a good portion of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming”?
4. In what year did Franklin D. Roosevelt take office as President of the United States?
5. What does the author claim in the Introduction that, “because of their moisture requirements,” are our physiological counterparts in the kingdom of plants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter Three?
2. According to the author, “New England was completely forested in 1620 and nearly deforested” how many years later?
3. Who does the author refer to as “an egomaniacal small-time construction tycoon” in Chapter Four?
4. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
5. For what organization was Marc Reisner a staff writer from 1972 to 1979?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)