|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 & 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1885, the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad linked Los Angeles directly with what city?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) New York City.
2. How many acres of marsh and swamp forest were converted to farms in Arkansas and Louisiana, according to the author in the Introduction?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 9 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 60 million.
3. According to the author in Chapter Three, regarding the Bureau of Reclamation, “The most auspicious event in its entire history was the election to the presidency in 1932 of a freewheeling, free-spending” what?
4. How much of the water in California is used for irrigation purposes, according to the author?
5. What river is known as the River of No Return?
(a) The Snake River.
(b) The Owyhee River.
(c) The Salmon River.
(d) The Yellowstone River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
2. When did Harrison Gray Otis move to Santa Barbara, California?
3. Where was John Wesley Powell born?
4. When was the revised and updated version of Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water published?
5. When was Harry Chandler born?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)