|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 & 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, “On the east side of the Sierra-Cascade crest, moisture drops immediately from as much as 150 inches of precipitation on the western slope to as little as” how many inches on the eastern slope?
2. How many major dams does the author say California has in the Introduction?
3. What does the author claim in the Introduction that, “because of their moisture requirements,” are our physiological counterparts in the kingdom of plants?
4. When was the Reclamation Act established?
5. How long does the author say civilization had existed in Utah since Brigham Young led his followers there, in the Introduction?
(a) 212 years.
(b) 134 years.
(c) 328 years.
(d) 56 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Wesley Powell figured that if you evenly distributed all of the surface water flowing between the Columbia River and the Gulf of Mexico, you would have what?
2. When was Marc Reisner born?
3. The population of San Francisco went over how many in 1853?
4. The author states in the Introduction that California has the two biggest irrigation projects on earth, but its irrigated acreage is not much larger than what U.S. state?
5. What is the title of the book’s Introduction?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)