|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 & 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the four major prehistoric archaeological Oasisamerica traditions of what is now the American Southwest which the author describes in Chapter One?
2. According to the author in the Introduction, “On the east side of the Sierra-Cascade crest, moisture drops immediately from as much as 150 inches of precipitation on the western slope to as little as” how many inches on the eastern slope?
3. What mountain range described in the Introduction stretches approximately 160 miles from the Utah-Idaho border, south through central Utah in the western United States?
(a) The Wasatch Range.
(b) The Sierra Nevada.
(c) The Brooks Range.
(d) The Cascade Range.
4. The author begins Chapter Three by stating, “When archaeologists from some other planet sift through the bleached bones of our civilization, they may well conclude that our temples were” what?
5. When was John Wesley Powell born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, “Modern Utah, where large-scale irrigation has been going on longer than anywhere else,” has what percent of its land area under cultivation?
2. How many major dams does the author say California has in the Introduction?
3. The Sierra Nevada foothills are how many miles across the Central Valley from San Francisco?
4. In 1885, the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad linked Los Angeles directly with what city?
5. When was Harrison Gray Otis born?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)