|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction & Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Marc Reisner born?
(a) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(b) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(c) Durango, Colorado.
(d) Billings, Montana.
2. When was the revised and updated version of Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water published?
3. What river is known as the River of No Return?
(a) The Yellowstone River.
(b) The Owyhee River.
(c) The Salmon River.
(d) The Snake River.
4. What word used in the book’s Introduction means allowing the maximum passage of light, as glass?
5. The author states in the Introduction that California has the two biggest irrigation projects on earth, but its irrigated acreage is not much larger than what U.S. state?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
2. What is the longest running enterprise for acquisition of satellite imagery of Earth?
3. When was John Wesley Powell born?
4. John Wesley Powell figured that if you evenly distributed all of the surface water flowing between the Columbia River and the Gulf of Mexico, you would have what?
5. What is the title of the book’s Introduction?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)