|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states in Chapter Ten that agriculture uses what percent of all the water in California?
2. What is the motto of the Corps of Engineers?
(a) “Our Way or the Highway.”
(b) “Rearranging Nature.”
(c) “Building Tomorrow Today.”
(d) “Strength through Infrastructure.”
3. How long does the author say civilization had existed in Utah since Brigham Young led his followers there, in the Introduction?
(a) 212 years.
(b) 134 years.
(c) 328 years.
(d) 56 years.
4. Where was Harry Chandler born?
(a) Arco, Idaho.
(b) Landaff, New Hampshire.
(c) Akron, Ohio.
(d) Marquette, Michigan.
5. When was Harrison Gray Otis born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author described the Gross National Product of California to be what in Chapter Ten?
2. Where was Harry S. Truman born?
3. The Kern County Land Company later became the main agricultural holding of what conglomerate?
4. Who wrote the sonnet “Ozymandias,” which is quoted in the opening of Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water?
5. What important figure refused to attend the dedication of the Hoover Dam?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)