|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author refer to as “an egomaniacal small-time construction tycoon” in Chapter Four?
(a) W. A. Bechtel.
(b) Henry J. Kaiser.
(c) James Marshall.
(d) Wayne Wyatt.
2. What was the name of the city in which the Hohokam lived and where downtown Phoenix is today?
(a) Palo Cedro.
(b) Pueblo Grande.
(c) Mesa Verde.
(d) Buena Vista.
3. In what year did Marc Reisner die?
4. What western city does the author describe “with exotic palms and golf-course lawns and a five-hundred-foot fountain and an artificial surf” in the Introduction?
(a) Reno, Nevada.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(d) Bakersfield, California.
5. In 1962, there were how many megawatts of installed hydroelectric generating capacity in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Harrison Gray Otis move to Santa Barbara, California?
2. What is the title of Chapter Six?
3. The Central Arizona Project was created by the Colorado River Basin Project Act of which year?
4. What is the motto of the Corps of Engineers?
5. According to the author in Chapter Ten, “In Kern County, where the depth to groundwater is much greater, farmers who had pumped from 275 feet during World War II were pumping from 460 feet by” what year?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)