|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the longest running enterprise for acquisition of satellite imagery of Earth?
(b) The Landsat Program.
(c) The SatNav Registry.
(d) Google Maps.
2. What mountain range described in the Introduction stretches approximately 160 miles from the Utah-Idaho border, south through central Utah in the western United States?
(a) The Cascade Range.
(b) The Brooks Range.
(c) The Wasatch Range.
(d) The Sierra Nevada.
3. In 1848, what was the population of San Francisco?
4. Who did Charles Rockwood convince to join forces with him in irrigation, according to the author in Chapter Four?
(a) N.H. Darton.
(b) George Chaffey.
(c) Bill Warne.
(d) Michael Robinson.
5. In 1962, the total amount of federally built reservoir storage in the nation was somewhere around how many acres-feet?
(a) 950 million.
(b) 300 million.
(c) 80 million.
(d) 2 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January of 1862, San Francisco recorded how many inches of rain?
2. Who, according to the author, was the unlikeliest commissioner the Bureau ever had?
3. What were the two sheep-ranching Mormon brothers named who were captivated by the Boulder Canyon Project, according to the author in Chapter Four?
4. The 17.5-million-acre-foot yield that the Compact negotiators had ascribed to the Colorado River was based on about how many years of stream flow measurement, according to the author in Chapter Eight?
5. According to Major General William F. Cassidy, how many acres of cultivated land were there per person in the 1890s?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)