|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his budget request for fiscal year 1945, FDR included a request of how much money to permit the Bureau to begin work on the Kings River?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $8 million.
(d) $5 million.
2. In January of 1862, San Francisco recorded how many inches of rain?
3. The dedication ceremony of the Hoover Dam drew approximately how many people?
4. In what year did Harry S. Truman assume the office of the U.S. Presidency?
5. In what county is Phoenix, Arizona?
(a) Maricopa County.
(b) Apache County.
(c) Navajo County.
(d) Mohave County.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what organization was Marc Reisner a staff writer from 1972 to 1979?
2. How many major dams does the author say California has in the Introduction?
3. In what year was the Boulder Dam authorized and the All-American Canal on the condition that at least six of the seven states ratify the compact?
4. In passing the Boulder Canyon Project Act, Congress had implied that Arizona’s share was at least how many acre-feet?
5. What was the name of the city in which the Hohokam lived and where downtown Phoenix is today?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)