|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 & 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population of Los Angeles when Harrison Gray Otis moved there?
2. Who wrote the sonnet “Ozymandias,” which is quoted in the opening of Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water?
(a) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(b) Michael Robinson.
(c) Jim Casey.
(d) James Marshall.
3. The Reclamation Act was authored by what U.S. Representative?
(a) Francis G. Newlands.
(b) Raymond Hill.
(c) Jim Casey.
(d) Barry Goldwater.
4. How long does the author say civilization had existed in Utah since Brigham Young led his followers there, in the Introduction?
(a) 212 years.
(b) 56 years.
(c) 134 years.
(d) 328 years.
5. What river is known as the River of No Return?
(a) The Owyhee River.
(b) The Yellowstone River.
(c) The Snake River.
(d) The Salmon River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
2. What is the longest running enterprise for acquisition of satellite imagery of Earth?
3. Where was William Mulholland born?
4. According to the author in the Introduction, “Modern Utah, where large-scale irrigation has been going on longer than anywhere else,” has what percent of its land area under cultivation?
5. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)