|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Franklin D. Roosevelt take office as President of the United States?
2. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
3. The Kings, the Kaweah, the Tule, and what are the southernmost rivers flowing out of the Sierra Nevada into the Central Valley of California?
(a) The Kern.
(b) The Sacramento.
(c) The Tuolumne.
(d) The Trinity.
4. When was Marc Reisner born?
5. Harry Morrison and Morris Knudsen, two engineers formerly with the Bureau of Reclamation, went into business together where, according to the author in Chapter Four?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Boise, Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, “Fifty-six years after the first earth was turned beside City Creek, the Mormons had” how many “acres under full or partial irrigation in several states”?
2. Where was Marc Reisner born?
3. What is the name given to the principal hydrological divide of the Americas that separates the watersheds which drain into the Pacific Ocean?
4. According to the author, “New England was completely forested in 1620 and nearly deforested” how many years later?
5. When was John Wesley Powell born?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)