|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What western city does the author describe “with exotic palms and golf-course lawns and a five-hundred-foot fountain and an artificial surf” in the Introduction?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(b) Reno, Nevada.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Bakersfield, California.
2. The Reclamation Act was authored by what U.S. Representative?
(a) Raymond Hill.
(b) Barry Goldwater.
(c) Francis G. Newlands.
(d) Jim Casey.
3. When was the Bayano Dam built?
4. In 1962, the total amount of federally built reservoir storage in the nation was somewhere around how many acres-feet?
(a) 950 million.
(b) 300 million.
(c) 80 million.
(d) 2 billion.
5. In 1930, the American West had a population of how many people?
(a) 18 million.
(b) 11 million.
(c) 4 million.
(d) 7 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter Six?
2. What mountain range described in the Introduction stretches approximately 160 miles from the Utah-Idaho border, south through central Utah in the western United States?
3. Where was Harrison Gray Otis born?
4. Almost all of the rain in Napa Valley falls between which months?
5. In 1962, there were how many megawatts of installed hydroelectric generating capacity in the United States?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)