|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bijou Creek located?
2. The first boom of travelers to Los Angeles culminated in what year, according to the author in Chapter Two?
3. At what swank resort outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico, did the negotiation of the Colorado River Compact take place?
(a) Bishop’s Lodge.
(b) Mesa Verde Lodge.
(c) Desert Oasis Hotel and Spa.
(d) Thirty Palms Resort.
4. When did Francisco Vásquez de Coronado set out on horseback from Mexico with a couple of hundred men, driving into the uncharted North, according to the author in Chapter One?
5. A letter is quoted in Chapter One from Francisco Vásquez de Coronado to whom?
(a) Barry Goldwater.
(b) Viceroy Antonio de Mendoza.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Lieutenant Joseph Christmas Ives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states there are currently how many acres of cultivated land per person in the U.S. in Chapter Six?
2. When was Marriner Stoddard Eccles born?
3. According to the author in the Introduction, “On the east side of the Sierra-Cascade crest, moisture drops immediately from as much as 150 inches of precipitation on the western slope to as little as” how many inches on the eastern slope?
4. Where was William Mulholland born?
5. The narrator states in Chapter Four that “If the Colorado River suddenly stopped flowing, you would have” how many “years of carryover capacity in the reservoirs before you had to evacuate most of southern California and Arizona and a good portion of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming”?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)