Introduction & Chapter 1
1. When was Marc Reisner born?
2. In what year did Marc Reisner die?
3. Where was Marc Reisner born?
(a) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(b) Durango, Colorado.
(c) Billings, Montana.
(d) St. Paul, Minnesota.
4. For what organization was Marc Reisner a staff writer from 1972 to 1979?
(a) The World Wildlife Fund.
(b) The Sierra Club.
(c) The Nature Conservancy.
(d) The Natural Resources Defense Council.
5. Who wrote the sonnet “Ozymandias,” which is quoted in the opening of Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water?
(a) Jim Casey.
(b) Michael Robinson.
(c) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(d) James Marshall.
6. When was the revised and updated version of Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water published?
7. What is the title of the book’s Introduction?
(a) First Causes.
(c) A Semidesert with a Desert Heart.
(d) Rivals in Crime.
8. The author describes flying over the state of Utah on his way back to California in what year in the Introduction?
This section contains 4,013 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)