|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
2. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
3. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
4. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
5. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
2. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
3. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
4. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
6. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
7. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
8. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
9. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
10. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)