|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
2. How does the steamer announce its coming?
3. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
4. Who sings as part of the peep show?
5. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
3. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
4. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
5. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
6. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
7. What is the final tally of the votes?
8. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
9. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
10. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edmund is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)