|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
2. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
3. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
4. What is Annabelle's last name?
5. On what day is the peep show held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
2. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
3. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
4. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
5. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
6. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
7. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
8. What is the final tally of the votes?
9. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
10. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edmund is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)