|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is the peep show held?
2. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
3. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
4. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
5. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
3. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
4. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
7. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
8. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
9. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
10. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)