|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
2. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
3. What time will the vote be held?
4. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
5. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
2. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
3. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
4. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
5. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
6. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
7. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
8. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
9. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
10. What does Katie say started her illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tom's relationship with Katie change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)