|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the votes put when they are written?
2. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
3. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
4. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
5. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
2. What does Katie say started her illness?
3. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
4. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
5. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
6. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
7. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
8. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
9. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
10. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)