|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
2. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
3. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
4. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
5. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
2. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
3. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
4. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
5. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
6. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
7. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
8. What is the final tally of the votes?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tom's relationship with Katie change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)