|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
2. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
3. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
4. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
5. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
2. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
3. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
4. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
5. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
6. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
7. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
8. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
9. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
10. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)