|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
2. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
3. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
4. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
5. Who sings as part of the peep show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
2. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
3. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
4. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
5. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
6. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
7. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
8. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
9. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
10. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)