|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
2. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
3. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
4. What time will the vote be held?
5. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
2. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
3. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
4. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
7. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
8. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
9. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
10. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)