|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is the peep show held?
2. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
3. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
4. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
5. How does the steamer announce its coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
2. What is the final tally of the votes?
3. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
4. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
5. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
6. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
7. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
8. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
9. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
10. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)