|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
2. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
3. How does the steamer announce its coming?
4. Who sings as part of the peep show?
5. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
2. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
3. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
4. What is the final tally of the votes?
5. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
6. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
7. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
8. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
9. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
10. What does Katie say started her illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)