|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
2. Who sings as part of the peep show?
3. Where is Annabelle from?
4. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
5. What causes the roaring in the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
2. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
3. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
4. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
5. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
6. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
7. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
8. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
9. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
10. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)