|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
2. Where is Annabelle from?
3. Who sings as part of the peep show?
4. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
5. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
2. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
3. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
4. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
5. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
6. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
7. What does Katie say started her illness?
8. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
9. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
10. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)