|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
2. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
3. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
4. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
5. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
2. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
3. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
4. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
5. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
6. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
7. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
8. What does Katie say started her illness?
9. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
10. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How does Johnny choose to raise Caddie and why? How does this decision affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)