|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
2. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
3. What instrument does Robert play?
4. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
5. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Edmund is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)