|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
2. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
3. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
4. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
5. What instrument does Robert play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final tally of the votes?
2. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
3. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
4. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
5. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
6. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
7. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
8. What does Katie say started her illness?
9. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
10. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)