|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
2. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
3. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
4. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
5. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
2. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
3. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
4. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
6. What does Katie say started her illness?
7. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
8. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
9. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
10. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does Tom's relationship with Katie change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)