|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
2. What time will the vote be held?
3. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
4. Where is Annabelle from?
5. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
2. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
3. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
4. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
5. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
6. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
7. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
8. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
9. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
10. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)