|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
2. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
3. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
4. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)