|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
2. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
3. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
4. On what day is the peep show held?
5. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
2. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
3. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
4. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
5. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
6. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
7. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
8. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
9. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
10. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)