|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
2. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
3. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
4. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
5. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
2. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
3. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
4. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
5. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
6. What does Katie say started her illness?
7. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
8. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
9. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
10. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)