|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
2. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
3. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
4. Where is Annabelle from?
5. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
2. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
3. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
4. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
5. What does Katie say started her illness?
6. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
7. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
8. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
9. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
10. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Johnny choose to raise Caddie and why? How does this decision affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)