|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
2. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
3. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
4. What is the last day of school called?
5. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
Essay Topic 1
How does Johnny choose to raise Caddie and why? How does this decision affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)