|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
2. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
3. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
4. What is Obediah's hat made from?
5. What does Johnny talk with the dinner guest about after the children go to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
2. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
3. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
4. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
5. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
6. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
8. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
9. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
10. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)