|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
2. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
3. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
4. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
5. What is the name of Caddie's favorite Indian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
2. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
3. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
4. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
5. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
6. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
7. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
8. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
9. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
10. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)