|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
2. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
3. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
4. What color is Caddie's hair?
5. What does John call Caddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
3. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
6. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
7. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
8. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
9. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
10. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)