|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
2. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
3. What does Caddie get to do in school on her birthday?
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
5. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
2. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
3. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
6. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
7. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
8. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
9. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
10. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)