|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie hold on to when her raft falls apart?
2. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
3. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
4. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
5. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
2. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
3. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
4. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
5. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
6. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
7. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
8. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
9. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
10. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)