|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
2. How does Caddie carry the things she picked to bring home at the beginning of the book?
3. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
4. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
5. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
2. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
3. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
4. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
5. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
6. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
7. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
8. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
9. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
10. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)