|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
2. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
3. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
4. How does Johnny feel about his tomboy daughter?
5. What does Tom do to pay for the beautiful valentine he has bought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
2. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
3. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
4. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
5. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
6. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
7. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
8. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
9. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
10. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)