|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
2. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
3. What is the name of Caddie's horse?
4. What is Edmund famous for?
5. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
2. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
3. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
4. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
5. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
6. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
7. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
8. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
9. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
10. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)