|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caddie decide to go at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Caddie get to do in school on her birthday?
3. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
4. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
5. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
2. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
3. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
4. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
5. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
6. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
7. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
8. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
9. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
10. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)