|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie get to do in school on her birthday?
2. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
3. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
4. What does Harriet say her family will have to eat all winter?
5. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
2. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
3. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
4. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
5. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
6. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
7. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
8. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
9. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
10. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)