|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
2. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
3. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
3. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
7. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
8. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)