|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
2. What is the name of Obediah's brother?
3. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
5. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
2. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
3. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
4. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
5. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
6. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
7. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
8. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
9. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
10. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)