|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
2. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
3. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
4. What do most of the students exchange on Valentine's Day?
5. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
2. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
3. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
4. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
5. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
6. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
7. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
8. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
9. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
10. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)