|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
2. Who is Caddie's best friend?
3. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
4. What is the name of Caddie's dog?
5. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
2. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
3. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
4. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
5. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
6. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
7. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
8. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
9. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
10. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)