|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the oldest student in the school?
2. What does Tom do to pay for the beautiful valentine he has bought?
3. Where does Caddie find the wooden clogs and red breeches?
4. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
5. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
2. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
3. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
4. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
5. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
6. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
7. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
8. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
9. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
10. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)