|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
2. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
3. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
4. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
5. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
2. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
3. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
4. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
5. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
6. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
7. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
8. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
9. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
10. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Edmund is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)