|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
2. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
3. What is the name of Caddie's favorite Indian?
4. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
5. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
2. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
3. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
4. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
5. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
6. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
7. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
8. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
9. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
10. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)