|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caddie decide to go at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Tom doing when he talks about the poor people?
3. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
4. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
5. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
2. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
3. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
4. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
5. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
6. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
7. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
8. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
9. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
10. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)