|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
2. What does Caddie do when Obediah teases her best friend?
3. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
4. What is the name of Caddie's dog?
5. Why does the raft fall apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
2. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
3. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
5. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
6. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
7. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
8. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
9. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
10. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This plot took place during the Civil War. How did this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)