Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
2. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
3. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
3. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
7. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
8. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two interwoven themes. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
How does Johnny choose to raise Caddie and why? How does this decision affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Edmund is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)