Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
2. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
3. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
3. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
7. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
8. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Caddie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Security and safety are two ideas that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)