|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's dog?
2. What is Edmund famous for?
3. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
4. What does Harriet think Caddie should do with her money?
5. What is Caddie's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
2. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
3. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
4. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
5. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
6. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
7. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
8. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
9. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
10. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)