|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
2. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
3. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
4. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
5. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
2. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
3. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
4. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
5. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
6. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
7. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
8. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
9. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
10. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tom's relationship with Katie change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)