|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
2. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
3. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
4. What is Obediah's hat made from?
5. What color is Caddie's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
3. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
4. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
5. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
6. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
7. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
8. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
9. What does Edmund want to take Nero for and how does the family react to this request?
10. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Warren and Tom are two characters who are very similar in their natures but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)