|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
2. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
3. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
4. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
5. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
2. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
3. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
4. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
5. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
6. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
7. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
8. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
9. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
10. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Carol Ryrie Brink have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)