|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
2. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
3. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
4. What do the Indian children do when they see Caddie?
5. Where is the dinner guest from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
2. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
4. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
5. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
6. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
7. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
8. How does Harriet respond when she hears Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
9. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
10. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair occurs in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)