|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
2. What color is Caddie's hair?
3. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
4. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
5. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
2. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
4. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
5. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
6. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
7. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
8. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
9. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
10. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is experienced a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between the settlers and the Indians affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)