|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
(a) A sickly worm.
(b) A small child.
(c) A lovely lady.
(d) A fairy tale princess.
2. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
3. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
(a) He is anxious for handouts.
(b) He doesn't work hard.
(c) He beats his children.
(d) He is ashamed of his wife.
4. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) She already has flowers.
(b) They do not match her skirt.
(c) They are wilted.
(d) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
5. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
(a) Hit her.
(c) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
2. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
3. What time will the vote be held?
4. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
5. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
2. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
3. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
4. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
5. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
6. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
7. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
8. What does Katie say started her illness?
9. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
10. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)