|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) It is warmer and longer.
(b) She is growing up.
(c) She is closer to her family.
(d) She almost lost it.
2. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) A hog ruins her butter.
(b) Mary dies.
(c) She burns her hand.
(d) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
3. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Ruins a butter churn.
(b) Kills a kitten.
(c) Eats a slab of salt pork.
(d) Digs large holes in the garden.
4. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) White bread.
(c) Turkey and stuffing.
(d) Peach cobbler.
5. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She wants the dog to leave.
(b) She knows it would stay with her.
(c) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(d) She doesn't want to offend John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
3. On what day is the peep show held?
4. What is the last day of school called?
5. What name does Caddie give to Indian John's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
2. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
3. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
4. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
5. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
6. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
7. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
8. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
9. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
10. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)