|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The store.
(b) The church.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The school.
2. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
(a) A hair tie.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(d) A bag of beads and feathers.
3. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is long and regal.
(b) It is pained.
(c) It is stiff.
(d) It is graceful.
4. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Plowing the far field.
(b) Feeding the animals.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Planting the corn crop.
5. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(b) Move west for a time.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Hold a meeting with settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
3. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
4. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
5. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final tally of the votes?
2. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
3. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
4. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
5. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
6. What does Katie say started her illness?
7. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
8. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
9. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
10. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)