|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(b) Plowing the far field.
(c) Planting the corn crop.
(d) Feeding the animals.
2. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A peace pipe.
(b) A head dress.
(c) A scalp belt.
(d) A bow and arrow.
3. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
4. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
5. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
2. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
3. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
4. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
5. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
2. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
3. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
4. What does Katie say started her illness?
5. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
6. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
7. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
8. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
9. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
10. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)