|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
2. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) A pile of rocks.
(d) A butter churn.
3. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
4. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) There is beauty in those seasons.
(b) They bring change.
(c) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(d) The weather is calm.
5. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) The wide open prairie.
(b) Sailing to England.
(c) Meeting the Queen.
(d) Indian John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
2. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
3. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
4. What will two of the children do while one is working?
5. Who sings as part of the peep show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
2. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
3. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
4. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
5. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
6. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
7. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
8. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
9. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
10. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)