|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(b) A red scarf.
(d) Changing leaf colors.
2. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) It is too old to travel.
(b) It has an injured paw.
(c) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
(d) He wants Johnny to train it.
3. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Draw pictures.
4. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) The wide open prairie.
(b) Indian John.
(c) Sailing to England.
(d) Meeting the Queen.
5. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
(a) The canyon.
(b) The lake.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
2. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
3. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
4. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
5. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
2. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
3. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
4. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
6. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
7. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
8. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)