|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Roll somersaults.
(b) Feed it to the cows.
(c) Bury herself in it.
(d) Slide down it.
2. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Fetch water.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Send a message to a neighbor.
(d) Clean the chicken coop.
3. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) It falls down a cliff.
(b) A rock lands on its head.
(c) It eats some poison.
(d) It is attacked by a bear.
4. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
(a) A penny.
(b) A marble.
(c) A stick of gum.
(d) A fish.
5. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A head dress.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A peace pipe.
(d) A scalp belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
2. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
3. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
4. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
5. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie say started her illness?
2. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
3. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
4. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
6. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
7. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
8. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
9. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
10. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)