|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A butter churn.
(c) A bear skin.
(d) A pile of rocks.
2. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
(a) The river.
(b) The canyon.
(c) The lake.
(d) The tavern.
3. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(b) Move west for a time.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Bring gifts for the settlers.
4. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Clean the chicken coop.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Send a message to a neighbor.
(d) Fetch water.
5. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A paper chain.
(b) A dried rose.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A magazine picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
2. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
3. What instrument does Robert play?
4. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
5. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
2. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
3. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
4. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
5. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
6. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
7. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
8. What does Katie say started her illness?
9. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
10. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)