|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
2. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
3. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
4. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(b) Feeding the animals.
(c) Plowing the far field.
(d) Planting the corn crop.
5. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The church.
(c) The store.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will two of the children do while one is working?
2. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
3. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
4. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
5. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
2. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
3. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
4. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
5. What does Katie say started her illness?
6. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
7. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
8. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
9. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
10. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)