|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A head dress.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A peace pipe.
(d) A scalp belt.
2. Where are the votes put when they are written?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A pan.
(c) Johnny's pocket.
(d) A hat.
3. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) They bring change.
(b) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(c) The weather is calm.
(d) There is beauty in those seasons.
4. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
5. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The store.
(d) The tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
2. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
3. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
4. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
5. What causes the roaring in the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
2. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
3. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
4. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
5. What does Katie say started her illness?
6. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
7. What is the final tally of the votes?
8. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
9. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
10. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)