|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
(a) The store.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The mill.
(d) The church.
2. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
(a) A lovely lady.
(b) A sickly worm.
(c) A small child.
(d) A fairy tale princess.
3. Where is Annabelle from?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
5. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) It is warmer and longer.
(b) She is closer to her family.
(c) She is growing up.
(d) She almost lost it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
2. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
3. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
4. What will two of the children do while one is working?
5. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Woodlawns get caught in a storm on the last day of school?
2. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
3. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
4. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
5. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
6. What is the final tally of the votes?
7. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
8. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
9. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
10. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)