|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(a) Indian John.
(c) Mr. Tanner.
2. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
3. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
4. Where is Annabelle from?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
5. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) A rock lands on its head.
(b) It falls down a cliff.
(c) It eats some poison.
(d) It is attacked by a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
2. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
3. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
4. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
5. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie say started her illness?
2. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
3. What does Harriet do when Johnny reads her vote, and how do the children respond to this?
4. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
5. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
6. What does Johnny tell his children to do in the summer when they are planning their fun day?
7. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
8. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
9. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
10. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)