|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Tell stories.
2. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
(b) It is too old to travel.
(c) He wants Johnny to train it.
(d) It has an injured paw.
3. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
(a) Buys artifacts from the Indians.
(b) Spends it on the Hankinsons.
(c) Buys clothing for the poor.
(d) Buys a turkey hatchling to raise.
4. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) The Indians have been killed.
(b) Lincoln is dead.
(c) A new president has been elected.
(d) The war is over.
5. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) A storm.
(c) A fire.
(d) An attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
2. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
3. Who sings as part of the peep show?
4. What instrument does Robert play?
5. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Indian John ask of Caddie before he travels west for a time?
2. Why are Tom's stories always in such high demand?
3. What does Harriet tell Caddie about Sam Hankinson?
4. Who are the heroes Miss Parker singles out after the fire?
5. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
6. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
7. What does Caddie realize about Hetty when they sit together on the hill?
8. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
9. What happens when Warren performs his piece at Speaking Day?
10. What does Katie say started her illness?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)