|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is growing up.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is nice.
(d) She is helpful.
2. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
(a) Flouncy dresses.
(b) Hoop skirts.
(c) Puffed sleeves.
(d) Blue gingham.
3. How does the steamer announce its coming?
(a) It sends a messenger ahead of it.
(b) It sends a telegram.
(c) It whistles.
(d) It puts an ad in the newspaper.
4. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
5. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will two of the children do while one is working?
2. Why do the boys start doing housework?
3. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
4. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
5. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie say started her illness?
2. What does Tom say about the scalp belt that makes Hetty so happy?
3. What does Annabelle think of moving to England?
4. What does Robert do when he finds the peep show?
5. What news does Mr. Tanner bring to the Woodlawns?
6. What is the final tally of the votes?
7. What does the foreign letter to Johnny say?
8. At the end of the book, where does Caddie always look, and why?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)