|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
(a) Tells a story.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Plays a game.
(d) Does a dance.
2. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
(a) Lincoln has been shot.
(b) There is an Indian uprising.
(c) The Union is looking for recruits.
(d) The war is over.
3. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Cleaning fests.
(b) Study parties.
(d) Spelling bee.
4. What is Obediah's hat made from?
(b) Beaver fur.
5. What is Johnny's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
2. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
3. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
4. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
5. Who gets the upper hand of the school after the initial scuffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
2. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
3. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
4. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
5. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
6. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
7. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
8. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
9. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
10. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)