|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is too hot.
(b) She is not a Christian.
(c) There is no room for her.
(d) She is Indian.
2. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(b) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
3. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(b) Pine nuts.
4. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
(b) Some books.
(c) A new dress.
5. How does Caddie carry the things she picked to bring home at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bag.
(b) Her skirts.
(c) Her pockets.
(d) Her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caddie hide her money?
2. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
3. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
4. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
5. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
2. What does Caddie think about when she goes to bed after hearing her father's story?
3. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
5. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
6. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
7. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
8. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
9. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
10. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)