|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
(a) Preparing their husbands for war.
(c) Mourning a loss.
2. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(d) Pine nuts.
3. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
4. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
(a) Guide the blind.
(b) Sniff out game and criminals.
(c) Perform in a dog show.
(d) Retrieve birds.
5. Who is the guest at dinner?
(a) Mr. Turner.
(b) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Mr. Tinker.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caddie carry the things she picked to bring home at the beginning of the book?
2. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
3. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
4. Who gets the upper hand of the school after the initial scuffle?
5. What is the name of Caddie's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
2. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
3. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
4. How does Caddie plan not to eat the turkey sandwiches her mother makes for lunch?
5. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
6. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
7. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
8. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
9. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
10. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)