|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Miss Partridge.
(b) Miss Parker.
(c) Mrs. Pincer.
(d) Mrs. Partner.
2. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
3. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She is wise beyond her years.
(b) She has good priorities.
(c) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(d) She worked hard for the money.
5. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
2. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
3. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
4. What is the name of Caddie's mother?
5. What is served for breakfast when all the settlers are at the Woodlawn's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
2. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
3. How does Caddie feel when Edmund asks her to go hunting with him?
4. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
5. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
6. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
7. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
8. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
9. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
10. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)