|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caddie's best friend?
2. What does Caddie do when Obediah teases her best friend?
(a) Tells the teacher.
(b) Cuts his overalls.
(c) Pulls his hair.
(d) Hits him with a ruler.
3. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She had a friend who drowned.
(b) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(c) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(d) She cannot swim.
4. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
5. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their hair.
(c) Their bravery.
(d) Their acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
2. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
3. Where does Caddie decide to go at the beginning of the book?
4. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
5. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
2. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
3. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
4. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
5. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
6. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
7. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
8. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
9. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
10. Why does Johnny say he doesn't want his part of the Woodlawn fortune?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)