|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(b) She had a friend who drowned.
(c) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(d) She cannot swim.
2. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
3. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(b) She worked hard for the money.
(c) She is wise beyond her years.
(d) She has good priorities.
4. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
5. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
2. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
3. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
4. What is served for breakfast when all the settlers are at the Woodlawn's house?
5. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
2. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
3. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
4. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
5. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
6. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
7. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
8. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
9. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
10. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)