|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(a) Pine nuts.
2. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(b) Fix rifles.
(c) Fix clocks.
3. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) His hat.
(c) The gag book.
(d) A writing set.
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A girl.
(b) A child.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A lady.
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the reservoir.
(c) Just off the shore.
(d) In the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
2. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
3. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
4. What is Edmund famous for?
5. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annabelle tries to ride Pete?
2. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
3. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
4. What happens when Johnny sees Indian John when Caddie is brought home?
5. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
6. What happens when Annabelle tries to salt the sheep?
7. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
8. What is the great miracle at the end of the book?
9. What does Johnny say to Caddie after Harriet punishes her for the prank on Annabelle?
10. Why does Caddie spend her money on the Hankinson children?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)