|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
(a) The woodshed.
(b) His house.
(c) The school house.
(d) The town square.
2. Where was Johnny born?
(b) New York.
3. Where does the community hold its church services?
(a) The schoolhouse.
(b) A cultural meetinghouse.
(c) A rich farmer's home.
(d) A barn.
4. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
5. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To make her happy.
(b) To pay for the damage.
(c) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(d) To repay his debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
2. What is the name of Caddie's horse?
3. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
4. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
5. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
2. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
3. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
4. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
5. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
6. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
7. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
8. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
9. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
10. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)