|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
(a) Clean her own room.
(b) Act like a lady.
(c) Visit Boston.
(d) Learn to cook.
2. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(b) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(c) She cannot swim.
(d) She had a friend who drowned.
3. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
4. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) As many as they can eat.
(b) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(c) As many as they can.
(d) Ten per day.
5. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's father's name?
2. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
3. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
4. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
5. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
2. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
3. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
4. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
5. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
7. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
8. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
9. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
10. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)