|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Johnny born?
(d) New York.
2. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(b) Holds onto a tree branch.
(c) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
3. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
4. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
(b) Spills gravy on the table.
(c) Wins races against the boys.
(d) Gives a war yell.
5. How old is the oldest student in the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
2. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
3. Who is Caddie's best friend?
4. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
5. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Hetty say to Caddie the morning after her punishment from Harriet?
3. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
4. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
5. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
6. How does Obediah protect the school from the fire?
7. What does Mr. Tanner ask Johnny to fix, and why?
8. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
9. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
10. How do the Woodlawns react to Katie being in their house?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)