|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is too hot.
(b) She is Indian.
(c) There is no room for her.
(d) She is not a Christian.
2. Why did Katie not receive many valentines?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is not pretty.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is rarely at school.
3. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(c) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
4. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) The gag book.
(c) A writing set.
(d) His hat.
5. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
(a) Their hair.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their bravery.
(d) Their acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
2. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
3. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
4. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
5. What color is Caddie's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do to make Caddie feel better after her raft falls apart?
2. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
3. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
4. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
5. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
6. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
7. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
8. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
9. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
10. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)