|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
(a) Their wagons.
(b) Their canoes.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their guns.
2. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
(a) Exotic cats.
(c) Large dogs.
3. Where does Caddie find the wooden clogs and red breeches?
(a) The attic.
(b) In the barn.
(c) Under her father's bed.
(d) The basement.
4. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is too hot.
(b) She is Indian.
(c) She is not a Christian.
(d) There is no room for her.
5. Who gets the upper hand of the school after the initial scuffle?
(c) The teacher.
(d) Obediah's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
2. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
3. Where is the dinner guest from?
4. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
5. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
2. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
3. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
4. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
5. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
6. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
7. What interesting items does Caddie find in the attic one day?
8. What does Harriet do after they get word of the possible Indian uprising?
9. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
10. What bad news does Caddie receive on her birthday?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)