|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(b) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
2. What sad news does Caddie get on her birthday?
(a) Nero ran away.
(b) Harriet's mother died.
(c) Edmund is sick.
(d) Tom is moving away.
3. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
4. How does Johnny feel about his tomboy daughter?
(a) He is ashamed of her.
(b) He is mindful of her.
(c) He is proud of her.
(d) He is sorry for her.
5. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
(c) Game hens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
2. What is Tom doing when he talks about the poor people?
3. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
4. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
5. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Obediah puts his feet on Maggie's desk?
2. What happens when Caddie is preparing to ride away after hearing a nasty rumor?
3. How does Caddie's mother feel about the Indians?
4. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
5. What side of the Civil War does Johnny take?
6. What bet does Caddie make with Edmund, and how does he respond?
7. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
8. What do Caddie and her brothers do at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Harriet say when she comes home after trying to sell turkeys?
10. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)