|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caddie hide her money?
(a) In her doll house.
(b) In her dress lining.
(c) In her trinket box.
(d) In her pillow.
2. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
(a) Running to the barn.
(b) Catching the most pigeons.
(c) Naming the most trees.
(d) Rafting across the wake.
3. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
(b) Large dogs.
(d) Exotic cats.
4. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
(b) Offers to protect the children.
(c) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(d) Keeps the peace.
5. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
2. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
3. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
4. What is Caddie's real name?
5. What color is Caddie's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
2. What happens when Caddie is late to dinner at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Mr. Tanner enjoy taking meals at the Woodlawn house?
4. How does Caddie feel about pigeon hunting?
5. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
6. How do Johnny and Harriet feel when Caddie shows up at the dock?
7. What does Caddie overhear Melvin Kent say while he is at her house?
8. What prank does Edmund play on Caddie when he first gets off the boat?
9. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
10. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)