|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
2. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A book.
(d) A suitcase.
4. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Cleaning fests.
(c) Spelling bee.
(d) Study parties.
5. How old was Johnny when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the guest at dinner?
2. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
3. Who is Caddie's best friend?
4. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
5. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny allow Caddie to run so free and wild?
2. Where does Miss Parker work during the year, and why?
3. Why does Caddie's raft fall apart, and how does she feel when this happens?
4. Into what does Harriet put much of her effort on the farm, and why is this surprising?
5. What happens when Caddie tries to fix the circuit rider's clock by herself?
6. What does Caddie do with her money while trying to decide what to do with it?
7. What is so surprising to the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
8. How does Caddie celebrate her 12th birthday?
9. How does Miss Parker get control over Obediah?
10. What does Johnny tell his sons and hired hands to do when pigeon season arrives?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)