|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) Chimney Bluffs.
(b) The Great Forest.
(c) The Prairie Plains.
(d) Spring Meadow.
2. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) They are wilted.
(b) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
(c) They do not match her skirt.
(d) She already has flowers.
3. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(c) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(d) Move west for a time.
4. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
5. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
6. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is graceful.
(b) It is pained.
(c) It is stiff.
(d) It is long and regal.
7. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
(a) Petting kittens.
(d) Cross stitching.
8. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) The Indians have been killed.
(b) Lincoln is dead.
(c) A new president has been elected.
(d) The war is over.
9. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
(a) They let kids pay to use it.
(b) They use it to kill squirrels and sell the skin.
(c) They write stories about it.
(d) They start a peep show.
10. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
(a) A lovely lady.
(b) A fairy tale princess.
(c) A small child.
(d) A sickly worm.
11. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
12. How does the steamer announce its coming?
(a) It sends a telegram.
(b) It whistles.
(c) It sends a messenger ahead of it.
(d) It puts an ad in the newspaper.
13. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
14. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
15. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A dried rose.
(b) A paper chain.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A magazine picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
2. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
3. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
4. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
5. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)