|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annabelle's last name?
2. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
3. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Planting the corn crop.
(b) Feeding the animals.
(c) Plowing the far field.
(d) Weeding the garden.
4. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
5. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
(a) Pee wee.
(b) Come come.
(c) Sing song.
(d) Caw caw.
6. What instrument does Robert play?
7. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Slide down it.
(b) Bury herself in it.
(c) Feed it to the cows.
(d) Roll somersaults.
8. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(b) Indian John.
(d) Mr. Tanner.
9. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(a) Hoop skirts.
(b) Iron bars.
(c) A moat.
10. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) A butter churn.
(d) A pile of rocks.
11. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is helpful.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is growing up.
(d) She is nice.
12. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(a) To the stars.
(b) To her home.
(d) To the trees.
13. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) Mary dies.
(b) A hog ruins her butter.
(c) She burns her hand.
(d) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
14. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
15. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
2. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
3. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
4. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
5. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)