|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
2. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A scalp belt.
(b) A peace pipe.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A head dress.
3. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
4. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) Lincoln is dead.
(b) The war is over.
(c) The Indians have been killed.
(d) A new president has been elected.
5. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(a) A red scarf.
(b) Changing leaf colors.
6. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(c) Indian John.
(d) Mr. Tanner.
7. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is long and regal.
(b) It is graceful.
(c) It is stiff.
(d) It is pained.
8. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Great Forest.
(b) Spring Meadow.
(c) Chimney Bluffs.
(d) The Prairie Plains.
9. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Play a game.
(b) Draw pictures.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Tell stories.
10. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A valentine.
(b) A magazine picture.
(c) A paper chain.
(d) A dried rose.
11. On what day is the peep show held?
12. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Kisses her on the cheek.
(d) Hugs her.
13. What is Annabelle's last name?
14. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
15. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Peach cobbler.
(c) Turkey and stuffing.
(d) White bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
2. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
3. Why do the boys start doing housework?
4. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
5. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)