|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) There is beauty in those seasons.
(b) The weather is calm.
(c) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(d) They bring change.
2. Who sings as part of the peep show?
3. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
4. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A valentine.
(b) A dried rose.
(c) A magazine picture.
(d) A paper chain.
5. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
6. On what day is the peep show held?
7. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) A bear skin.
(b) A butter churn.
(c) A pile of rocks.
(d) Some gold.
8. What is the last day of school called?
(a) Recital Day.
(b) Speaking Day.
(c) Ending Day.
(d) Cleaning Day.
9. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) White bread.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Turkey and stuffing.
(d) Peach cobbler.
10. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A scalp belt.
(b) A head dress.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A peace pipe.
11. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) A rock lands on its head.
(b) It is attacked by a bear.
(c) It falls down a cliff.
(d) It eats some poison.
12. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
(a) They write stories about it.
(b) They use it to kill squirrels and sell the skin.
(c) They start a peep show.
(d) They let kids pay to use it.
13. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
14. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is graceful.
(b) It is pained.
(c) It is long and regal.
(d) It is stiff.
15. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(b) Move west for a time.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Hold a meeting with settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
2. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
3. What instrument does Robert play?
4. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
5. What is Annabelle's last name?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)