|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(b) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(c) Move west for a time.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
2. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(a) A moat.
(c) Hoop skirts.
(d) Iron bars.
3. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Kills a kitten.
(b) Eats a slab of salt pork.
(c) Digs large holes in the garden.
(d) Ruins a butter churn.
4. What is the last day of school called?
(a) Speaking Day.
(b) Cleaning Day.
(c) Ending Day.
(d) Recital Day.
5. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
6. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Draw pictures.
7. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) Indian John.
(b) The wide open prairie.
(c) Sailing to England.
(d) Meeting the Queen.
8. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
9. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A magazine picture.
(b) A dried rose.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A paper chain.
10. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
(a) Petting kittens.
(b) Cross stitching.
11. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
(a) A pig's foot.
(b) A cricket.
(c) Some manure.
(d) An egg.
12. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
13. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(b) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Indian John.
14. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
(a) Sing song.
(b) Come come.
(c) Caw caw.
(d) Pee wee.
15. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
2. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
3. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
4. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
5. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)