|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings as part of the peep show?
2. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Kisses her on the cheek.
3. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
(a) A pig's foot.
(b) A cricket.
(c) An egg.
(d) Some manure.
4. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
5. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Great Forest.
(b) The Prairie Plains.
(c) Spring Meadow.
(d) Chimney Bluffs.
6. Why do the boys start doing housework?
(a) They want to be indoors.
(b) It makes Harriet happy.
(c) Caddie is doing it.
(d) They get paid.
7. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She doesn't want to offend John.
(b) She wants the dog to leave.
(c) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(d) She knows it would stay with her.
8. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Play a game.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Sing songs.
9. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
10. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The church.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The school.
(d) The store.
11. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) She is growing up.
(b) She almost lost it.
(c) It is warmer and longer.
(d) She is closer to her family.
12. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
13. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) The weather is calm.
(b) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(c) They bring change.
(d) There is beauty in those seasons.
14. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
15. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) The war is over.
(b) The Indians have been killed.
(c) Lincoln is dead.
(d) A new president has been elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
3. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
4. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
5. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)