|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
(a) A fire iron.
(b) A belt.
(c) A willow switch.
(d) A riding whip.
2. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
(a) The church.
(b) The store.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The mill.
3. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
4. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The church.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The school.
(d) The store.
5. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
(a) Come come.
(b) Pee wee.
(c) Sing song.
(d) Caw caw.
6. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
(a) The barn.
(b) The attic.
(c) A trinket box.
(d) Her bedroom.
7. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A butter churn.
(c) A bear skin.
(d) A pile of rocks.
8. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Plowing the far field.
(b) Planting the corn crop.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Feeding the animals.
9. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
10. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(b) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Indian John.
11. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
12. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) They are wilted.
(b) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
(c) She already has flowers.
(d) They do not match her skirt.
13. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
14. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Send a message to a neighbor.
(b) Clean the chicken coop.
(c) Fetch water.
(d) Gather eggs.
15. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) He wants Johnny to train it.
(b) It is too old to travel.
(c) It has an injured paw.
(d) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
2. What time will the vote be held?
3. Where is Annabelle from?
4. What is the last day of school called?
5. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)