|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) There is beauty in those seasons.
(b) The weather is calm.
(c) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(d) They bring change.
2. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Send a message to a neighbor.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Fetch water.
(d) Clean the chicken coop.
3. Where is Annabelle from?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York.
4. Why do the boys start doing housework?
(a) Caddie is doing it.
(b) They get paid.
(c) They want to be indoors.
(d) It makes Harriet happy.
5. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
6. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) The Indians have been killed.
(b) Lincoln is dead.
(c) The war is over.
(d) A new president has been elected.
7. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
(a) A fish.
(b) A penny.
(c) A marble.
(d) A stick of gum.
8. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
9. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) A pile of rocks.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) Some gold.
(d) A butter churn.
10. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She wants the dog to leave.
(b) She knows it would stay with her.
(c) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(d) She doesn't want to offend John.
11. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is nice.
(b) She is helpful.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is growing up.
12. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
(b) Hit her.
(d) Run away.
13. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Kisses her on the cheek.
(c) Hugs her.
14. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
(a) An attack.
(b) A pack of wolves.
(c) A storm.
(d) A fire.
15. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time will the vote be held?
2. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
3. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
4. Who sings as part of the peep show?
5. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)