|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) She burns her hand.
(b) Mary dies.
(c) A hog ruins her butter.
(d) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
2. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
(a) A bag of beads and feathers.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(d) A hair tie.
3. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) Some gold.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) A butter churn.
(d) A pile of rocks.
4. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
5. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
6. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(b) To the trees.
(c) To her home.
(d) To the stars.
7. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) It is attacked by a bear.
(b) It eats some poison.
(c) A rock lands on its head.
(d) It falls down a cliff.
8. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
(a) An apron.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A towel.
9. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(a) Kisses her on the cheek.
(b) Hugs her.
(d) Runs away.
10. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
11. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Prairie Plains.
(b) Spring Meadow.
(c) Chimney Bluffs.
(d) The Great Forest.
12. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
(a) The mill.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The church.
(d) The store.
13. Why do the boys start doing housework?
(a) Caddie is doing it.
(b) They want to be indoors.
(c) It makes Harriet happy.
(d) They get paid.
14. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Feeding the animals.
(b) Planting the corn crop.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Plowing the far field.
15. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
2. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
3. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
4. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
5. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)