|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Roll somersaults.
(b) Slide down it.
(c) Feed it to the cows.
(d) Bury herself in it.
2. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(a) To the trees.
(b) To her home.
(c) To the stars.
3. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She wants the dog to leave.
(b) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(c) She knows it would stay with her.
(d) She doesn't want to offend John.
4. What is the last day of school called?
(a) Recital Day.
(b) Cleaning Day.
(c) Speaking Day.
(d) Ending Day.
5. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
6. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
7. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
8. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The attic.
(c) A trinket box.
(d) The barn.
9. What time will the vote be held?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
10. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
11. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) A butter churn.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) Some gold.
(d) A pile of rocks.
12. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
13. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is nice.
(b) She is growing up.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is helpful.
14. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) Lincoln is dead.
(b) A new president has been elected.
(c) The Indians have been killed.
(d) The war is over.
15. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(b) Plowing the far field.
(c) Feeding the animals.
(d) Planting the corn crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
2. Where are the votes put when they are written?
3. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
4. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
5. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)