|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Great Forest.
(b) The Prairie Plains.
(c) Chimney Bluffs.
(d) Spring Meadow.
2. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Plowing the far field.
(b) Planting the corn crop.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Feeding the animals.
3. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
(a) A storm.
(b) A pack of wolves.
(c) A fire.
(d) An attack.
4. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
(a) The lake.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The river.
(d) The canyon.
5. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
6. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The store.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
7. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) A butter churn.
(b) A bear skin.
(c) Some gold.
(d) A pile of rocks.
8. On what day is the peep show held?
9. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
(a) An apron.
(b) A towel.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A tablecloth.
10. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Tanner.
(d) Indian John.
11. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
12. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) It has an injured paw.
(b) He wants Johnny to train it.
(c) It is too old to travel.
(d) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
13. Where are the votes put when they are written?
(a) A pan.
(b) A hat.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Johnny's pocket.
14. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
15. What causes the roaring in the river?
(a) A flash flood.
(b) A new bridge being built.
(c) Ice breaking.
(d) Snow melting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will two of the children do while one is working?
2. What name does Caddie give to Indian John's father?
3. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
4. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
5. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)