|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Prairie Plains.
(b) Spring Meadow.
(c) The Great Forest.
(d) Chimney Bluffs.
2. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) There is beauty in those seasons.
(b) The weather is calm.
(c) They bring change.
(d) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
3. Who sings as part of the peep show?
4. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) She is growing up.
(b) It is warmer and longer.
(c) She is closer to her family.
(d) She almost lost it.
5. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
6. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
7. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
(a) Flouncy dresses.
(b) Hoop skirts.
(c) Puffed sleeves.
(d) Blue gingham.
8. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(b) Hoop skirts.
(c) Iron bars.
(d) A moat.
9. What does Indian John give Caddie when he is eating at Harriet's table?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A bag of beads and feathers.
(d) A hair tie.
10. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
(a) A pig's foot.
(b) Some manure.
(c) A cricket.
(d) An egg.
11. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
(a) A pile of rocks.
(b) Some gold.
(c) A bear skin.
(d) A butter churn.
12. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is stiff.
(b) It is long and regal.
(c) It is pained.
(d) It is graceful.
13. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Feed it to the cows.
(b) Roll somersaults.
(c) Slide down it.
(d) Bury herself in it.
14. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Send a message to a neighbor.
(c) Clean the chicken coop.
(d) Fetch water.
15. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
(a) The barn.
(b) The attic.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) A trinket box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
2. Where is Annabelle from?
3. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
4. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
5. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)