|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) She is closer to her family.
(b) She almost lost it.
(c) It is warmer and longer.
(d) She is growing up.
2. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
3. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Run away.
4. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(b) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Indian John.
5. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
(a) A stick of gum.
(b) A marble.
(c) A penny.
(d) A fish.
6. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
(a) A towel.
(b) An apron.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A tablecloth.
7. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
(b) Mary dies.
(c) She burns her hand.
(d) A hog ruins her butter.
8. How does the steamer announce its coming?
(a) It puts an ad in the newspaper.
(b) It whistles.
(c) It sends a messenger ahead of it.
(d) It sends a telegram.
9. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
10. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(a) Hoop skirts.
(b) Iron bars.
(c) A moat.
11. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
(a) Cross stitching.
(b) Petting kittens.
12. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Roll somersaults.
(b) Bury herself in it.
(c) Feed it to the cows.
(d) Slide down it.
13. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Play a game.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Sing songs.
14. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(b) To the trees.
(c) To her home.
(d) To the stars.
15. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
2. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
3. What is the last day of school called?
4. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
5. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)