|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) She is growing up.
(b) She almost lost it.
(c) She is closer to her family.
(d) It is warmer and longer.
2. What is the last day of school called?
(a) Cleaning Day.
(b) Speaking Day.
(c) Ending Day.
(d) Recital Day.
3. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) The weather is calm.
(b) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(c) There is beauty in those seasons.
(d) They bring change.
4. What is Annabelle's last name?
5. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
(a) Feed it to the cows.
(b) Roll somersaults.
(c) Slide down it.
(d) Bury herself in it.
6. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is pained.
(b) It is stiff.
(c) It is long and regal.
(d) It is graceful.
7. Where is Annabelle from?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
9. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) It eats some poison.
(b) It is attacked by a bear.
(c) It falls down a cliff.
(d) A rock lands on its head.
10. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
(a) The mill.
(b) The church.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The store.
11. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
(a) The canyon.
(b) The river.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The lake.
12. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) The wide open prairie.
(b) Indian John.
(c) Meeting the Queen.
(d) Sailing to England.
13. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) White bread.
(c) Turkey and stuffing.
(d) Peach cobbler.
14. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) She already has flowers.
(b) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
(c) They are wilted.
(d) They do not match her skirt.
15. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She doesn't want to offend John.
(b) She knows it would stay with her.
(c) She wants the dog to leave.
(d) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
2. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
3. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
4. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
5. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)