|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) The weather is calm.
(b) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(c) There is beauty in those seasons.
(d) They bring change.
2. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
(a) A riding whip.
(b) A fire iron.
(c) A belt.
(d) A willow switch.
3. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) It has an injured paw.
(b) He wants Johnny to train it.
(c) It is too old to travel.
(d) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
4. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(c) Mr. Tanner.
(d) Indian John.
5. What is hanging by the sick girl's bed?
(a) A magazine picture.
(b) A dried rose.
(c) A paper chain.
(d) A valentine.
6. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
7. What causes the roaring in the river?
(a) Ice breaking.
(b) A flash flood.
(c) A new bridge being built.
(d) Snow melting.
8. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
(a) The river.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The lake.
(d) The canyon.
9. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
10. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
(a) It falls down a cliff.
(b) A rock lands on its head.
(c) It is attacked by a bear.
(d) It eats some poison.
11. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is nice.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is helpful.
(d) She is growing up.
12. What instrument does Robert play?
13. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
(a) Hoop skirts.
(b) Blue gingham.
(c) Flouncy dresses.
(d) Puffed sleeves.
14. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(b) Sign a peace treaty.
(c) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(d) Move west for a time.
15. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(a) To her home.
(c) To the stars.
(d) To the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time will the vote be held?
2. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
3. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
4. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
5. What does Annabelle want to do in the hay?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)