|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A head dress.
(c) A peace pipe.
(d) A scalp belt.
2. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
(a) A fire iron.
(b) A willow switch.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) A belt.
3. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) Indian John.
(b) The wide open prairie.
(c) Sailing to England.
(d) Meeting the Queen.
4. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The church.
(b) The school.
(c) The store.
(d) The tavern.
5. How does the steamer announce its coming?
(a) It sends a messenger ahead of it.
(b) It sends a telegram.
(c) It puts an ad in the newspaper.
(d) It whistles.
6. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Clean the chicken coop.
(c) Send a message to a neighbor.
(d) Fetch water.
7. Who sings as part of the peep show?
8. Where are the votes put when they are written?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A pan.
(c) Johnny's pocket.
(d) A hat.
9. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
(a) Blue gingham.
(b) Flouncy dresses.
(c) Puffed sleeves.
(d) Hoop skirts.
10. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) They are wilted.
(b) She already has flowers.
(c) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
(d) They do not match her skirt.
11. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
12. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Feeding the animals.
(b) Planting the corn crop.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Plowing the far field.
13. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
14. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) White bread.
(b) Turkey and stuffing.
(c) Peach cobbler.
(d) Apple pie.
15. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
(a) A fairy tale princess.
(b) A sickly worm.
(c) A lovely lady.
(d) A small child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
2. Which of the following does Caddie NOT think will vote to stay in America?
3. What does Caddie pack her belongings in when she wants to run away?
4. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
5. What causes the roaring in the river?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)