|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(a) A red scarf.
(c) Changing leaf colors.
2. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Ruins a butter churn.
(b) Eats a slab of salt pork.
(c) Digs large holes in the garden.
(d) Kills a kitten.
3. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Great Forest.
(b) The Prairie Plains.
(c) Chimney Bluffs.
(d) Spring Meadow.
4. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(b) Move west for a time.
(c) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
5. What does Caddie do with her silver dollar?
(a) Buys artifacts from the Indians.
(b) Spends it on the Hankinsons.
(c) Buys a turkey hatchling to raise.
(d) Buys clothing for the poor.
6. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is stiff.
(b) It is pained.
(c) It is long and regal.
(d) It is graceful.
7. Why do the boys start doing housework?
(a) They get paid.
(b) It makes Harriet happy.
(c) Caddie is doing it.
(d) They want to be indoors.
8. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Sing songs.
9. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
10. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Kisses her on the cheek.
(c) Runs away.
11. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
12. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(a) Hoop skirts.
(b) Iron bars.
(d) A moat.
13. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
(c) Run away.
(d) Hit her.
14. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
15. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
(a) They let kids pay to use it.
(b) They start a peep show.
(c) They write stories about it.
(d) They use it to kill squirrels and sell the skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
2. Who comforts Caddie after she is punished by her mother?
3. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
4. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
5. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)