|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Kisses her on the cheek.
(d) Hugs her.
2. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Eats a slab of salt pork.
(b) Kills a kitten.
(c) Ruins a butter churn.
(d) Digs large holes in the garden.
3. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
(a) Turkey and stuffing.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Peach cobbler.
(d) White bread.
4. Where are the votes put when they are written?
(a) Johnny's pocket.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A hat.
(d) A pan.
5. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(a) Changing leaf colors.
(c) A red scarf.
6. How does the steamer announce its coming?
(a) It sends a messenger ahead of it.
(b) It puts an ad in the newspaper.
(c) It whistles.
(d) It sends a telegram.
7. Where does Caddie go to collect berries?
(a) The Prairie Plains.
(b) Spring Meadow.
(c) Chimney Bluffs.
(d) The Great Forest.
8. Why does Caddie think the autumn after the vote is the most beautiful she has seen?
(a) She is closer to her family.
(b) She almost lost it.
(c) She is growing up.
(d) It is warmer and longer.
9. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Clean the chicken coop.
(b) Fetch water.
(c) Send a message to a neighbor.
(d) Gather eggs.
10. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Indian John.
11. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) They bring change.
(b) The weather is calm.
(c) There is beauty in those seasons.
(d) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
12. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is helpful.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is nice.
(d) She is growing up.
13. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
14. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
15. How does Caddie feel after reciting her poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
2. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
3. Who sings as part of the peep show?
4. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
5. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)