|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
(a) Pee wee.
(b) Caw caw.
(c) Sing song.
(d) Come come.
2. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(b) She knows it would stay with her.
(c) She doesn't want to offend John.
(d) She wants the dog to leave.
3. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A peace pipe.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A scalp belt.
(d) A head dress.
4. Who sings as part of the peep show?
5. What does Clara wish she could wear every day?
(a) Puffed sleeves.
(b) Blue gingham.
(c) Hoop skirts.
(d) Flouncy dresses.
6. Who hangs out the window at school when he is bored?
7. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
8. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
(b) They are wilted.
(c) They do not match her skirt.
(d) She already has flowers.
9. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(b) A red scarf.
(d) Changing leaf colors.
10. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(a) To the stars.
(b) To the trees.
(c) To her home.
11. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) The wide open prairie.
(b) Meeting the Queen.
(c) Sailing to England.
(d) Indian John.
12. Where does Caddie keep the gift that Indian John leaves for her when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
(a) A trinket box.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The attic.
(d) The barn.
13. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(b) Move west for a time.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Hold a meeting with settlers.
14. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is long and regal.
(b) It is graceful.
(c) It is pained.
(d) It is stiff.
15. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
(a) He is anxious for handouts.
(b) He doesn't work hard.
(c) He is ashamed of his wife.
(d) He beats his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
2. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
3. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
4. How does Pee Wee's ox die?
5. What does Indian John eat at Harriet's table?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)