|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. How many trunks does Annabelle bring to the farm?
3. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(b) Kisses her on the cheek.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Hugs her.
4. What does Caddie realize about Hetty as they sit alone on the hill?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is helpful.
(c) She is growing up.
(d) She is nice.
5. What is Annabelle's last name?
6. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
7. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Clean the chicken coop.
(c) Fetch water.
(d) Send a message to a neighbor.
8. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) Mary dies.
(b) A hog ruins her butter.
(c) She burns her hand.
(d) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
9. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Tell stories.
10. Where does Caddie always face now that she is growing up?
(b) To the stars.
(c) To the trees.
(d) To her home.
11. Why does Caddie like fall and spring more than the other seasons?
(a) There is beauty in those seasons.
(b) They bring change.
(c) There are fruit and vegetables to pick.
(d) The weather is calm.
12. On what day is the peep show held?
13. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(b) Hoop skirts.
(c) Iron bars.
(d) A moat.
14. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
(a) A willow switch.
(b) A riding whip.
(c) A belt.
(d) A fire iron.
15. What does Caddie say the girl Tom has a crush on looks like?
(a) A lovely lady.
(b) A sickly worm.
(c) A fairy tale princess.
(d) A small child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Indian John leave for Caddie when he leaves the Woodlawn's house?
2. Where is Johnny when he receives the letter with the foreign stamp?
3. What does Caddie put in Annabelle's shirt?
4. How do the children decide to make some money from the gift Indian John leaves for Caddie?
5. Where is Annabelle from?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)