|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. What large chore does Johnny give Caddie and Tom during the summer?
(a) Feeding the animals.
(b) Planting the corn crop.
(c) Plowing the far field.
(d) Weeding the garden.
3. Who is the only child who does not come to the peep show?
4. Who is the mysterious traveler at the end of the book?
(b) Indian John.
(c) Mr. Tanner.
5. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
(b) He wants Johnny to train it.
(c) It is too old to travel.
(d) It has an injured paw.
6. What causes the roaring in the river?
(a) Ice breaking.
(b) A new bridge being built.
(c) Snow melting.
(d) A flash flood.
7. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She doesn't want to offend John.
(b) She wants the dog to leave.
(c) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
(d) She knows it would stay with her.
8. What does Caddie picture every time she thinks of an English estate?
(a) Hoop skirts.
(b) A moat.
(d) Iron bars.
9. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Digs large holes in the garden.
(b) Kills a kitten.
(c) Ruins a butter churn.
(d) Eats a slab of salt pork.
10. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
11. What happens that makes Harriet cry for the first time Caddie remembers?
(a) Her favorite turkey is poisoned.
(b) A hog ruins her butter.
(c) She burns her hand.
(d) Mary dies.
12. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The store.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) The tavern.
13. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
14. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
(a) It is pained.
(b) It is stiff.
(c) It is graceful.
(d) It is long and regal.
15. Who is the only person at ease on the day of the big decision?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annabelle say she wants to act while in Wisconsin?
2. Where is Annabelle from?
3. Where does Pee Wee say he got all his sheep?
4. What does Johnny tell Annabelle to do when he speaks to his children about the foreign letter?
5. Which of the following in NOT an appropriate payment for the peep show?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)