|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the flash of red Caddie sees in the trees after the steamer comes?
(a) A red scarf.
(c) Changing leaf colors.
2. What is Mr. Adams's profession?
3. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
(a) The wide open prairie.
(b) Sailing to England.
(c) Meeting the Queen.
(d) Indian John.
4. What name does Caddie give to Indian John's father?
(a) Plundering Falcon.
(b) Bloody Tomahawk.
(c) Murdering Eagle.
(d) Spearhead Bear.
5. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
6. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
(a) He is anxious for handouts.
(b) He is ashamed of his wife.
(c) He beats his children.
(d) He doesn't work hard.
7. What does a bird say to Pee Wee?
(a) Pee wee.
(b) Come come.
(c) Sing song.
(d) Caw caw.
8. Why does Caddie not hug the dog while Indian John is at her house?
(a) She doesn't want to offend John.
(b) She knows it would stay with her.
(c) She wants the dog to leave.
(d) She doesn't know how the dog feels.
9. What news does the steamer bring when it comes?
(a) The Indians have been killed.
(b) Lincoln is dead.
(c) A new president has been elected.
(d) The war is over.
10. Who sings as part of the peep show?
11. What does Indian John's dog do that makes the Woodlawns mad at it?
(a) Digs large holes in the garden.
(b) Eats a slab of salt pork.
(c) Ruins a butter churn.
(d) Kills a kitten.
12. Why does Indian John leave his dog at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) He wants the Woodlawns to protect it.
(b) It has an injured paw.
(c) He wants Johnny to train it.
(d) It is too old to travel.
13. What time will the vote be held?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
14. What do the Hankinsons do when their mother shows up in the school room?
(a) Run away.
(b) Hit her.
15. To whom does Indian John want speak to when he comes to the Woodlawn's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does the Little Steamer return?
2. What does Caddie notice about Annabelle's walk the second night she is in their house?
3. Why do the boys start doing housework?
4. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
5. How many children does Sam Hankinson have?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)