|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(a) Pine nuts.
2. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(b) Fix rifles.
(c) Fix clocks.
3. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) His hat.
(c) The gag book.
(d) A writing set.
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A girl.
(b) A child.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A lady.
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the reservoir.
(c) Just off the shore.
(d) In the lake.
6. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
7. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
8. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) There is no room for her.
(b) She is too hot.
(c) She is Indian.
(d) She is not a Christian.
9. What is Edmund famous for?
(a) Flirting with girls.
(b) Preaching sermons.
(c) Playing pranks.
(d) Singing songs.
10. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
11. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
(a) Perform in a dog show.
(b) Sniff out game and criminals.
(c) Guide the blind.
(d) Retrieve birds.
12. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
13. How do the children get to school when there are large snowdrifts?
14. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
15. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny talk with the dinner guest about after the children go to bed?
2. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
3. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
5. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)