|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
(a) He makes everyone sad.
(b) He fixes up the house.
(c) He wreaks havoc.
(d) He makes everyone sad.
2. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To make her happy.
(b) To pay for the damage.
(c) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(d) To repay his debt.
3. What is Johnny's father's name?
4. What does Harriet say her family will have to eat all winter?
5. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 years.
6. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
(a) They are worried.
(b) They don't know what to think.
(c) They are thrilled.
(d) They are upset.
7. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Mexicans.
(b) The Southerners.
(c) The Northerners.
(d) The French.
8. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
9. Who is Caddie's best friend?
10. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
(a) The Union is looking for recruits.
(b) There is an Indian uprising.
(c) Lincoln has been shot.
(d) The war is over.
11. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
(a) He danced to make money.
(b) They cheered up sick children.
(c) He was in a play.
(d) His grandmother made them for him.
12. Where does the community hold its church services?
(a) A rich farmer's home.
(b) A cultural meetinghouse.
(c) A barn.
(d) The schoolhouse.
13. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She worked hard for the money.
(b) She is wise beyond her years.
(c) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(d) She has good priorities.
14. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
15. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
(a) Salt pork.
(c) Ham and potatoes.
(d) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
2. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
3. Where was Johnny born?
4. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
5. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)