|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The economy.
(c) The war.
(d) The railroad.
2. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
(a) Preparing their husbands for war.
(b) Mourning a loss.
3. How old was Johnny when his father died?
4. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
5. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(b) Offers to protect the children.
(c) Keeps the peace.
(d) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
6. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
7. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A girl.
(c) A lady.
(d) A child.
8. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is not a Christian.
(b) She is Indian.
(c) There is no room for her.
(d) She is too hot.
9. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
10. What is Tom doing when he talks about the poor people?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Gathering hazelnuts.
(c) Shucking corn.
(d) Picking cranberries.
11. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To repay his debt.
(b) To pay for the damage.
(c) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(d) To make her happy.
12. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She cannot swim.
(b) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(c) She had a friend who drowned.
(d) She is not allowed to go in the river.
13. How does Johnny feel about his tomboy daughter?
(a) He is sorry for her.
(b) He is proud of her.
(c) He is mindful of her.
(d) He is ashamed of her.
14. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) In the river.
(b) Just off the shore.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In the reservoir.
15. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
(a) Ham and potatoes.
(b) Salt pork.
(c) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the guest at dinner?
2. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
3. Where is the dinner guest from?
4. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
5. What does Edmund say Harriet has never been able to do?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)