|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She has good priorities.
(b) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(c) She is wise beyond her years.
(d) She worked hard for the money.
2. What does Caddie hold on to when her raft falls apart?
(a) Her dog.
(b) A log.
(c) A branch.
(d) Edmund's arm.
3. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
(a) He wreaks havoc.
(b) He makes everyone sad.
(c) He makes everyone sad.
(d) He fixes up the house.
4. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Spills gravy on the table.
(b) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
(c) Wins races against the boys.
(d) Gives a war yell.
5. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A girl.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A lady.
(d) A child.
6. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(c) Pine nuts.
7. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Bottle jam.
(b) Harvest her corn.
(c) Clean her turkeys.
(d) Make school clothes.
8. What color is Caddie's hair?
9. What is Johnny's father's name?
10. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(b) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
(c) Offers to protect the children.
(d) Keeps the peace.
11. What surprises Caddie when she gets home for dinner at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her family is crying.
(b) They have company.
(c) They have waited for her.
(d) There is an Indian there.
12. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(a) Fix rifles.
(c) Fix clocks.
13. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
14. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
15. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Salt pork.
(c) Ham and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
2. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
3. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
4. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
5. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)