|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Johnny born?
(d) New York.
2. What is the name of Caddie's mother?
3. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Spills gravy on the table.
(b) Gives a war yell.
(c) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
(d) Wins races against the boys.
5. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
6. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture he drew.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A bag of candy.
7. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
8. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
(a) A book.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) A puppy.
9. What sad news does Caddie get on her birthday?
(a) Tom is moving away.
(b) Nero ran away.
(c) Harriet's mother died.
(d) Edmund is sick.
10. How do the children get to school when there are large snowdrifts?
11. How old was Johnny when his father died?
12. Why did Katie not receive many valentines?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is not pretty.
(c) She is rarely at school.
(d) She is rude.
13. How old is the oldest student in the school?
14. What does Edmund say Harriet has never been able to do?
(a) Say no to a good cause.
(b) Stay cross for long.
(c) Tell a lie.
(d) Deny her brother.
15. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(c) Pine nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's father's name?
2. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
3. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
4. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
5. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)