|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
2. What do most of the students exchange on Valentine's Day?
3. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
4. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
5. Why did Katie not receive many valentines?
(a) She is rarely at school.
(b) She is not pretty.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is rude.
6. Where does Caddie decide to go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The school house.
(b) The river.
(c) The Indian camp.
(d) The tree house.
7. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
8. What does John call Caddie?
(a) Missee Red Hair.
(b) Red Girl Missy.
(c) Red One.
(d) Red Headed Mistress.
9. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
(a) To avoid his work.
(b) To tease the girls.
(c) To spread gossip.
(d) To harass the teacher.
10. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
(a) They don't know what to think.
(b) They are worried.
(c) They are upset.
(d) They are thrilled.
11. Who gets the upper hand of the school after the initial scuffle?
(b) The teacher.
(c) Obediah's brother.
12. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
(a) Game hens.
13. What does the dinner guest ask Johnny to fix for him?
(a) A book.
(b) A watch.
(c) A gun.
(d) A clock.
14. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The French.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Southerners.
(d) The Mexicans.
15. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is too hot.
(b) There is no room for her.
(c) She is Indian.
(d) She is not a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
2. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
3. What does Johnny talk with the dinner guest about after the children go to bed?
4. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
5. What does Caddie get to do in school on her birthday?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)