|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Northerners.
(b) The Mexicans.
(c) The Southerners.
(d) The French.
2. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
3. What is inside the book Edmund gives Caddie?
(a) A half dollar.
(b) A fake snake.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A cap gun.
4. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
5. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(c) Pine nuts.
6. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
(a) Their wagons.
(b) Their guns.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their canoes.
7. What does Harriet say her family will have to eat all winter?
8. What do the Indian children do when they see Caddie?
(a) Bring her gifts.
(b) Embrace her.
(c) Touch her hair.
(d) Hold her hand.
9. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
(a) Clean her own room.
(b) Visit Boston.
(c) Act like a lady.
(d) Learn to cook.
10. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
(a) Preparing their husbands for war.
(c) Mourning a loss.
11. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To make her happy.
(b) To repay his debt.
(c) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(d) To pay for the damage.
12. How does Johnny feel about his tomboy daughter?
(a) He is mindful of her.
(b) He is sorry for her.
(c) He is ashamed of her.
(d) He is proud of her.
13. Who is the guest at dinner?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Tinker.
(c) Mr. Turner.
(d) Mr. Tanner.
14. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) Just off the shore.
(b) In the reservoir.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the lake.
15. What is the name of Caddie's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny talk with the dinner guest about after the children go to bed?
2. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
3. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
4. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)