|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
(c) Some books.
(d) A new dress.
2. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She worked hard for the money.
(b) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(c) She has good priorities.
(d) She is wise beyond her years.
3. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
(a) The economy.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The war.
4. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To make her happy.
(b) To repay his debt.
(c) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(d) To pay for the damage.
5. What does Caddie get to do in school on her birthday?
(a) Recite the preamble.
(b) Hold the flag.
(c) Lead the pledge.
(d) Sing the anthem.
6. How do the children get to school when there are large snowdrifts?
7. Who is the guest at dinner?
(a) Mr. Turner.
(b) Mr. Tinker.
(c) Mr. Tanner.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
8. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
9. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
(a) He was in a play.
(b) He danced to make money.
(c) They cheered up sick children.
(d) His grandmother made them for him.
10. What is Edmund famous for?
(a) Preaching sermons.
(b) Singing songs.
(c) Playing pranks.
(d) Flirting with girls.
11. What does Edmund offer to give Caddie if she wins?
(a) A writing set.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) The gag book.
(d) His hat.
12. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) There is no room for her.
(b) She is Indian.
(c) She is not a Christian.
(d) She is too hot.
13. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
(a) His gun.
(b) His hat.
(c) The game bag.
(d) A canteen.
14. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Cleaning fests.
(b) Study parties.
(c) Spelling bee.
15. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does San Flusher give Caddie on Valentine's Day?
2. What color is Caddie's hair?
3. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
4. What has Johnny repaired for the Indians to earn their trust?
5. Where was Johnny born?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)