|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
2. What sad news does Caddie get on her birthday?
(a) Edmund is sick.
(b) Harriet's mother died.
(c) Nero ran away.
(d) Tom is moving away.
3. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
(a) There are too many people in the small kitchen.
(b) She sees Caddie is unhappy.
(c) Caddie spills and breaks things.
(d) The boys keep asking for her.
4. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
(c) Mourning a loss.
(d) Preparing their husbands for war.
5. Where was Johnny born?
(d) New York.
6. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Mexicans.
(b) The French.
(c) The Northerners.
(d) The Southerners.
7. How many squirrels does Edmund shoot while hunting?
8. What is Obediah's hat made from?
(c) Beaver fur.
9. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
10. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
11. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Spills gravy on the table.
(b) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
(c) Wins races against the boys.
(d) Gives a war yell.
12. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
(a) He wreaks havoc.
(b) He fixes up the house.
(c) He makes everyone sad.
(d) He makes everyone sad.
13. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She is wise beyond her years.
(b) She has good priorities.
(c) She has a good head on her shoulders.
(d) She worked hard for the money.
14. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Mrs. Partner.
(b) Miss Partridge.
(c) Mrs. Pincer.
(d) Miss Parker.
15. What does Harriet think Caddie should do with her money?
(a) Donate it to the church.
(b) Put it in the bank.
(c) Save it for Christmas.
(d) Save up for her college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caddie plan to meet Edmond at the dock?
2. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
3. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
4. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
5. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)