|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(b) She had a friend who drowned.
(c) She cannot swim.
(d) She is not allowed to go in the river.
2. What does the dinner guest ask Johnny to fix for him?
(a) A gun.
(b) A clock.
(c) A book.
(d) A watch.
3. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
(a) She is not a Christian.
(b) There is no room for her.
(c) She is Indian.
(d) She is too hot.
4. What is Obediah's hat made from?
(c) Beaver fur.
5. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
(a) Catching the most pigeons.
(b) Naming the most trees.
(c) Running to the barn.
(d) Rafting across the wake.
6. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
7. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
(c) Game hens.
8. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
(a) To avoid his work.
(b) To spread gossip.
(c) To tease the girls.
(d) To harass the teacher.
9. What is the name of Obediah's brother?
10. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
(a) His house.
(b) The woodshed.
(c) The town square.
(d) The school house.
11. What is the name of Caddie's dog?
12. What is Caddie's real name?
(a) Carolina Amaryllis.
(b) Catherine Atlanta.
(c) Caroline Augusta.
(d) Catterina Alexandra.
13. How does Caddie feel when she sees who Tom gives the large Valentine to?
14. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
15. Why does the raft fall apart?
(a) Edmund cut the ropes that bound it.
(b) The dog was too heavy for it.
(c) Edmund took the pins out.
(d) It was old and unsteady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
2. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
3. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
4. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
5. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)