|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
2. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
(a) A book.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) A suitcase.
3. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gun.
(c) The game bag.
(d) A canteen.
4. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(b) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(c) She cannot swim.
(d) She had a friend who drowned.
5. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
(a) Clean her own room.
(b) Visit Boston.
(c) Learn to cook.
(d) Act like a lady.
6. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(b) Ten per day.
(c) As many as they can eat.
(d) As many as they can.
7. How does Johnny feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
8. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
(a) The boys keep asking for her.
(b) She sees Caddie is unhappy.
(c) There are too many people in the small kitchen.
(d) Caddie spills and breaks things.
9. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
(a) She had pneumonia.
(b) She was heartbroken.
(c) She was too frail.
(d) She was hit by a wagon.
10. What is Obediah's hat made from?
(a) Beaver fur.
11. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
(a) To harass the teacher.
(b) To avoid his work.
(c) To spread gossip.
(d) To tease the girls.
12. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Bottle jam.
(b) Clean her turkeys.
(c) Harvest her corn.
(d) Make school clothes.
13. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(c) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
14. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
15. What sad news does Caddie get on her birthday?
(a) Edmund is sick.
(b) Tom is moving away.
(c) Harriet's mother died.
(d) Nero ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Johnny when his father died?
2. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
3. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
4. How do the children get to school when there are large snowdrifts?
5. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)