|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's favorite Indian?
2. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
3. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
4. What is the name of Caddie's younger sister who wants to join her at the beginning of the book?
5. Where was Johnny born?
(b) New York.
6. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) As many as they can.
(b) As many as they can eat.
(c) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(d) Ten per day.
7. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
8. What do the Indian children do when they see Caddie?
(a) Bring her gifts.
(b) Touch her hair.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Embrace her.
9. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) Just off the shore.
(b) In the lake.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the reservoir.
10. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
(a) Lincoln has been shot.
(b) The Union is looking for recruits.
(c) There is an Indian uprising.
(d) The war is over.
11. Who is the guest at dinner?
(a) Mr. Tinker.
(b) Mr. Taylor.
(c) Mr. Tanner.
(d) Mr. Turner.
12. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Spelling bee.
(b) Cleaning fests.
(d) Study parties.
13. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Mexicans.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The French.
(d) The Southerners.
14. What is the name of Obediah's brother?
15. What is Caddie's real name?
(a) Catherine Atlanta.
(b) Catterina Alexandra.
(c) Caroline Augusta.
(d) Carolina Amaryllis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caddie do when Obediah teases her best friend?
2. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
3. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
4. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
5. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)