|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
2. What is the name of Caddie's horse?
3. How many settlers did the Indians kill two years earlier?
4. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Bottle jam.
(b) Harvest her corn.
(c) Make school clothes.
(d) Clean her turkeys.
5. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(a) Fix clocks.
(c) Fix rifles.
6. What do the Indian children do when they see Caddie?
(a) Touch her hair.
(b) Hold her hand.
(c) Bring her gifts.
(d) Embrace her.
7. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her brother.
8. How old is the oldest student in the school?
9. How does Caddie feel when she sees who Tom gives the large Valentine to?
10. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) Ten per day.
(b) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(c) As many as they can.
(d) As many as they can eat.
11. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) In the river.
(b) Just off the shore.
(c) In the reservoir.
(d) In the lake.
12. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Keeps the peace.
(b) Offers to protect the children.
(c) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(d) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
13. Where was Johnny born?
(c) New York.
14. Why did Katie not receive many valentines?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is rarely at school.
(d) She is not pretty.
15. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
(b) Large dogs.
(c) Exotic cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caddie find the wooden clogs and red breeches?
2. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
3. What is the name of Caddie's favorite Indian?
4. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
5. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)