|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet think Caddie should do with her money?
(a) Put it in the bank.
(b) Save it for Christmas.
(c) Save up for her college.
(d) Donate it to the church.
2. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
(a) Guide the blind.
(b) Sniff out game and criminals.
(c) Retrieve birds.
(d) Perform in a dog show.
3. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(a) Fix clocks.
(d) Fix rifles.
4. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A girl.
(b) A lady.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A child.
5. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
(a) The war is over.
(b) There is an Indian uprising.
(c) The Union is looking for recruits.
(d) Lincoln has been shot.
6. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is a family friend.
(d) He is her brother.
7. What is the canoe that Caddie sees at the beginning of the book made of?
8. What does Harriet say her family will have to eat all winter?
9. What do most of the students exchange on Valentine's Day?
10. Where is the dinner guest from?
(a) New York.
11. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
12. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
13. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
(a) Visit Boston.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Clean her own room.
(d) Act like a lady.
14. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Study parties.
(b) Cleaning fests.
(d) Spelling bee.
15. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Mrs. Pincer.
(b) Mrs. Partner.
(c) Miss Parker.
(d) Miss Partridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sad news does Caddie get on her birthday?
2. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
3. Where does Caddie hide her money?
4. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
5. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)