|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
2. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
(a) The war.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The economy.
(d) The railroad.
3. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Harvest her corn.
(b) Clean her turkeys.
(c) Make school clothes.
(d) Bottle jam.
4. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
5. What does Caddie hold on to when her raft falls apart?
(a) A log.
(b) Her dog.
(c) A branch.
(d) Edmund's arm.
6. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
(b) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(c) Offers to protect the children.
(d) Keeps the peace.
7. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
(a) The school house.
(b) The town square.
(c) His house.
(d) The woodshed.
8. What does Johnny add to the girls' coats before winter?
9. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
(a) Guide the blind.
(b) Retrieve birds.
(c) Perform in a dog show.
(d) Sniff out game and criminals.
10. What does Harriet think Caddie should do with her money?
(a) Donate it to the church.
(b) Put it in the bank.
(c) Save up for her college.
(d) Save it for Christmas.
11. What is Tom doing when he talks about the poor people?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Picking cranberries.
(c) Gathering hazelnuts.
(d) Shucking corn.
12. Where does Caddie hide her money?
(a) In her pillow.
(b) In her dress lining.
(c) In her trinket box.
(d) In her doll house.
13. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Miss Parker.
(b) Mrs. Partner.
(c) Mrs. Pincer.
(d) Miss Partridge.
14. What does Caddie pick at the beginning of the book to bring home?
(b) Pine nuts.
15. How does Caddie carry the things she picked to bring home at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her skirts.
(c) A bag.
(d) Her pockets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
2. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
3. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
4. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
5. How does Johnny feel about his tomboy daughter?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)