|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(b) Holds onto Tom.
(d) Floats on her back.
2. What does Caddie say she will win at against Edmund?
(a) Naming the most trees.
(b) Catching the most pigeons.
(c) Rafting across the wake.
(d) Running to the barn.
3. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
(a) They cheered up sick children.
(b) He was in a play.
(c) He danced to make money.
(d) His grandmother made them for him.
4. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Salt pork.
(c) Ham and potatoes.
5. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Miss Parker.
(b) Miss Partridge.
(c) Mrs. Pincer.
(d) Mrs. Partner.
6. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
(a) Caddie spills and breaks things.
(b) She sees Caddie is unhappy.
(c) There are too many people in the small kitchen.
(d) The boys keep asking for her.
7. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To pay for the damage.
(b) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(c) To make her happy.
(d) To repay his debt.
8. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(b) Ten per day.
(c) As many as they can eat.
(d) As many as they can.
9. Where does Caddie hide her money?
(a) In her doll house.
(b) In her pillow.
(c) In her dress lining.
(d) In her trinket box.
10. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A lady.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A child.
(d) A girl.
11. What was the occupation of Johnny's mother?
12. Where does the community hold its church services?
(a) A cultural meetinghouse.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) A rich farmer's home.
(d) A barn.
13. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
(a) Exotic cats.
(b) Large dogs.
14. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(b) Fix clocks.
(c) Fix rifles.
15. Where does Caddie find the wooden clogs and red breeches?
(a) The basement.
(b) Under her father's bed.
(c) In the barn.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
2. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
3. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)