|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Warren say he wants for Christmas dinner?
(a) Roast beef.
(c) Ham and potatoes.
(d) Salt pork.
2. What is served for breakfast when all the settlers are at the Woodlawn's house?
(a) Hot cakes.
(b) Cream and oats.
3. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(b) Fix clocks.
(c) Fix rifles.
4. How old was Johnny when his father died?
5. What is inside the book Edmund gives Caddie?
(a) A fake snake.
(b) A cap gun.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A half dollar.
6. Where does the community hold its church services?
(a) A barn.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) A cultural meetinghouse.
(d) A rich farmer's home.
7. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
(a) Guide the blind.
(b) Perform in a dog show.
(c) Sniff out game and criminals.
(d) Retrieve birds.
8. What is Edmund famous for?
(a) Preaching sermons.
(b) Playing pranks.
(c) Singing songs.
(d) Flirting with girls.
9. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
10. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
(a) Plays a game.
(b) Does a dance.
(c) Tells a story.
(d) Sings a song.
11. What is Obediah's hat made from?
(b) Beaver fur.
12. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Wins races against the boys.
(b) Spills gravy on the table.
(c) Gives a war yell.
(d) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
13. Where does Caddie hide her money?
(a) In her doll house.
(b) In her trinket box.
(c) In her dress lining.
(d) In her pillow.
14. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She had a friend who drowned.
(b) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(c) She cannot swim.
(d) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
15. Why does Johnny say he trusts Caddie to use her money well?
(a) She worked hard for the money.
(b) She is wise beyond her years.
(c) She has good priorities.
(d) She has a good head on her shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
2. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
3. Where does Caddie find the wooden clogs and red breeches?
4. What is the name of the Woodlawn's favorite hired hand?
5. What does the dinner guest ask Johnny to fix for him?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)