|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny say the Kent family can gather?
(a) The woodshed.
(b) The town square.
(c) The school house.
(d) His house.
2. Who is Caddie's best friend?
3. What are the Indian women doing when Caddie gets to their camp?
(a) Preparing their husbands for war.
(d) Mourning a loss.
4. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the reservoir.
(c) Just off the shore.
(d) In the lake.
5. What is Obediah's main goal in coming to school?
(a) To tease the girls.
(b) To spread gossip.
(c) To harass the teacher.
(d) To avoid his work.
6. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) Only the ones who land in the corn.
(b) As many as they can eat.
(c) Ten per day.
(d) As many as they can.
7. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
8. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Southerners.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The French.
(d) The Mexicans.
9. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her brother.
10. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She cannot swim.
(b) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(c) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(d) She had a friend who drowned.
11. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
12. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
13. What does Edmund say Harriet has never been able to do?
(a) Say no to a good cause.
(b) Deny her brother.
(c) Stay cross for long.
(d) Tell a lie.
14. What is the name of Caddie's favorite Indian?
15. How does Johnny feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
2. Where does Caddie hide her money?
3. What color is Caddie when she speaks with the Indians?
4. What does Caddie hold on to when her raft falls apart?
5. How old is the oldest student in the school?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)