|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johnny used to wear the red breeches and wooden clogs?
(a) They cheered up sick children.
(b) He was in a play.
(c) His grandmother made them for him.
(d) He danced to make money.
2. What does Harriet raise to sell at Thanksgiving?
(d) Game hens.
3. What does Caddie do that makes the men give her stern looks?
(a) Wins races against the boys.
(b) Gives a war yell.
(c) Spills gravy on the table.
(d) Climbs to the roof of the barn.
4. What is Edmund famous for?
(a) Flirting with girls.
(b) Preaching sermons.
(c) Playing pranks.
(d) Singing songs.
5. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Harvest her corn.
(b) Bottle jam.
(c) Clean her turkeys.
(d) Make school clothes.
6. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
7. How does Johnny feel when he hears that Caddie went to the Indian Camp alone?
8. Why does the raft fall apart?
(a) It was old and unsteady.
(b) Edmund cut the ropes that bound it.
(c) The dog was too heavy for it.
(d) Edmund took the pins out.
9. What does Edmund leave in his raft while he is hunting?
(a) His gun.
(b) His hat.
(c) A canteen.
(d) The game bag.
10. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The Mexicans.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Southerners.
(d) The French.
11. What does the dinner guest think Caddie should act like?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A child.
(c) A girl.
(d) A lady.
12. What does Caddie do when Obediah teases her best friend?
(a) Pulls his hair.
(b) Hits him with a ruler.
(c) Tells the teacher.
(d) Cuts his overalls.
13. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
14. What does Tom do to pay for the beautiful valentine he has bought?
(a) Sprouts potatoes.
(b) Dusts shelves.
(c) Sorts clothing.
(d) Chops firewood.
15. What does Caddie wish she knew how to do like her father?
(b) Fix rifles.
(c) Fix clocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund want to train Caddie's dog to do?
2. What is Johnny's father's name?
3. Who is Caddie's best friend?
4. What does Harriet say Caddie should do now that she is 12?
5. Where is Caddie when her raft falls apart?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)