|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
(a) The French.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Southerners.
(d) The Mexicans.
2. What is the name of Obediah's brother?
3. What does Edmund say Harriet has never been able to do?
(a) Say no to a good cause.
(b) Stay cross for long.
(c) Deny her brother.
(d) Tell a lie.
4. What do the Indian children do when they see Caddie?
(a) Touch her hair.
(b) Bring her gifts.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Embrace her.
5. How does Caddie feel when her raft falls apart?
6. Why does the raft fall apart?
(a) Edmund cut the ropes that bound it.
(b) Edmund took the pins out.
(c) The dog was too heavy for it.
(d) It was old and unsteady.
7. Who is the most shy around Katie Hyman?
8. How many squirrels does Edmund shoot while hunting?
9. Who is the guest at dinner?
(a) Mr. Tinker.
(b) Mr. Tanner.
(c) Mr. Turner.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
10. How does Caddie plan to meet Edmond at the dock?
(a) Ride a horse.
(c) Ride a neighbor's wagon.
(d) Swim down the river.
11. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(a) Holds onto a tree branch.
(b) Holds onto Tom.
(c) Floats on her back.
12. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
(a) He makes everyone sad.
(b) He fixes up the house.
(c) He wreaks havoc.
(d) He makes everyone sad.
13. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
14. How does Edmond feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
15. Who saves Caddie when she falls through the ice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Johnny born?
2. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
3. Why does Johnny say people are poorer than usual?
4. How long does Edmund want to keep Caddie's dog?
5. What does Tom tell Caddie to spend her silver dollar on?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)