|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Pigeons or Peacocks?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
2. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(b) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(c) Sign a peace treaty.
(d) Move west for a time.
3. What does Johnny talk with the dinner guest about after the children go to bed?
(b) The Indians.
(c) The war.
4. Why do the boys start doing housework?
(a) Caddie is doing it.
(b) They want to be indoors.
(c) It makes Harriet happy.
(d) They get paid.
5. What does Melvin Kent tell Johnny late one night?
(a) The Union is looking for recruits.
(b) There is an Indian uprising.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Lincoln has been shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's father's name?
2. What is the last day of school called?
3. Who is sent to collect the logs from the raft?
4. Why does Sam's wife sit outside during the church services?
5. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)