|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Pigeons or Peacocks?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will two of the children do while one is working?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Tell stories.
2. What are the people cut off from when ice builds up on the river?
(a) The store.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
3. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Harvest her corn.
(b) Make school clothes.
(c) Bottle jam.
(d) Clean her turkeys.
4. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Kisses her on the cheek.
5. What does Harriet hit Caddie with as punishment for the prank on Annabelle?
(a) A belt.
(b) A fire iron.
(c) A willow switch.
(d) A riding whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
2. What is served for breakfast when all the settlers are at the Woodlawn's house?
3. Where does Caddie decide to go at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Pee Wee trade his oxen hide for?
5. What does Caddie hold on to when her raft falls apart?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)