|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Pigeons or Peacocks?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is not allowed to go in the river.
(b) She had a friend who drowned.
(c) She cannot swim.
(d) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
2. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To repay his debt.
(b) To pay for the damage.
(c) To make her happy.
(d) To bribe her from telling her mother.
3. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
(a) Does a dance.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Tells a story.
(d) Plays a game.
4. What kind of animal does the Woodlawn family have to evade at one point?
5. Why will Annabelle not hold the flowers Hetty picked for her?
(a) She already has flowers.
(b) They are wilted.
(c) They do not match her skirt.
(d) She doesn't want to dirty her gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of the youngest student in the school?
2. How many buttons are on Annabelle's prized dress?
3. What is the name of Caddie's refined cousin?
4. Who does Johnny think is causing trouble with the Indians?
5. Where was Johnny born?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)