|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Pigeons or Peacocks?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates the Indians about the Woodlawn children?
(a) Their acceptance.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their hair.
(d) Their bravery.
2. What does Edmund do to cheer up the children when he takes their dog?
(a) Does a dance.
(b) Tells a story.
(c) Plays a game.
(d) Sings a song.
3. What does Robert do that makes Caddie proud?
(a) Tells the men he trusts the Indians.
(b) Offers to protect the children.
(c) Promises to stand and fight with them.
(d) Keeps the peace.
4. What does Harriet say always happens when Edmond comes to visit?
(a) He makes everyone sad.
(b) He wreaks havoc.
(c) He makes everyone sad.
(d) He fixes up the house.
5. What do the Indians do after they hear about the massacre rumors?
(a) Move west for a time.
(b) Hold a meeting with settlers.
(c) Bring gifts for the settlers.
(d) Sign a peace treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Caddie give to Indian John's father?
2. What does Caddie dream about before the day of the big decision?
3. What are Annabelle and Clara doing under a tree when Caddie joins them?
4. What does Edmund promise to bring Caddie when he comes to visit?
5. What does Caddie do when she hears what Hetty is voting for?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)