|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Alas! Poor Annabelle!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does Caddie learn to perform her poem?
2. What happens at the school on Saturdays?
(a) Study parties.
(c) Spelling bee.
(d) Cleaning fests.
3. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
(a) He is ashamed of his wife.
(b) He is anxious for handouts.
(c) He beats his children.
(d) He doesn't work hard.
4. What is Edmund famous for?
(a) Preaching sermons.
(b) Playing pranks.
(c) Singing songs.
(d) Flirting with girls.
5. What does Indian John's dog warn the students about?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) A storm.
(c) An attack.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harriet send Caddie to play with her friends instead of letting her help in the kitchen?
2. What does John call Caddie?
3. How do the children react when they hear what they will eat all winter?
4. What does Tom do to pay for the beautiful valentine he has bought?
5. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)