|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Silver Dollar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pigeons does Johnny tell his sons to kill?
(a) As many as they can eat.
(b) Ten per day.
(c) As many as they can.
(d) Only the ones who land in the corn.
2. Why does Edmund give Caddie money after her raft falls apart?
(a) To repay his debt.
(b) To bribe her from telling her mother.
(c) To pay for the damage.
(d) To make her happy.
3. How does Johnny feel when he sees Caddie at the dock?
4. What makes Caddie nervous about crossing the river at the beginning of the book?
(a) She cannot swim.
(b) She thinks the river is faster than usual.
(c) She had a friend who drowned.
(d) She is not allowed to go in the river.
5. What does Caddie do when she can't touch the bottom of the river?
(b) Holds onto a tree branch.
(c) Floats on her back.
(d) Holds onto Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edmund choose to take pigeon hunting with him?
2. What is Caddie's real name?
3. How many squirrels does Edmund shoot while hunting?
4. Why does the raft fall apart?
5. Why did Mary die on the prairie?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)