|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, A Dollar's Worth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Winter teacher?
(a) Miss Partridge.
(b) Mrs. Pincer.
(c) Miss Parker.
(d) Mrs. Partner.
2. Why does Harriet say Sam Hankinson has a weak character?
(a) He is ashamed of his wife.
(b) He is anxious for handouts.
(c) He beats his children.
(d) He doesn't work hard.
3. What does Katie Hyman's mother help Harriet do?
(a) Make school clothes.
(b) Clean her turkeys.
(c) Harvest her corn.
(d) Bottle jam.
4. Who does Caddie plan to take with her when she goes to meet Edmond at the dock?
5. What is inside the book Edmund gives Caddie?
(a) A half dollar.
(b) A fake snake.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A cap gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears Kent talk about attacking the Indians first?
2. What word does Caddie use to describe the pigeon hunting?
3. How are Edmond and Caddie related?
4. What is served for breakfast when all the settlers are at the Woodlawn's house?
5. What roamed the front lawn of the Woodlawn estate?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)