Chapter 1, The Three Adventurers
* Caddie, Warren, and Tom cross the river to visit the Indian Camp even though they can't swim.
* Hetty sees them and runs to tell their mother on them. Caddie's mother is nervous about the Indians but kind to them.
* The Indians like seeing the Woodlawn children and are fascinated by their red hair. Indian Joe is especially fond of Caddie.
* On the way home, they find a hazelnut bush and begin picking nuts to take home. Caddie stays later and fills her skirt with the nuts.
* When Caddie bursts in the room, she is shocked to see company, and she drops the nuts all over the floor.
Chapter 2, The Circuit Rider
* The dinner guest is Mr. Tanner, a circuit rider. He travels and gives sermons. He likes Harriet's Boston stories and cooking.
* Mr. Tanner asks why Caddie is allowed to run so free. Johnny...
This section contains 2,544 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)