|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. An unpleasant smell that sometimes indicated the approach of nasty weather was the rainy, earthy odor noticed prior, especially where?
2. What did Hank once make a model of?
3. Jim built a pot that made a little fuel go far like one he read about used in what country where a handful of grass cooked a whole pot of stew?
4. What did Chief Tibeash refer to deep-water trolling using copper wire 100 yards long and a single pound sinker?
5. The company's plane made its last flight in November until the lake ice was solid and it could land with what equipment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was noted about blisters?
2. What did Jim describe about tent options?
3. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
4. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
5. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
6. How did Jim describe weather signs?
7. What was it Chief Tibeash explained to Jim about the tracks of a large dog wolf revealed?
8. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
9. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
10. What were the things Jim noted about July?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim's' lake had no name when he initially arrived, but he eventually bestowed the name Cache Lake upon it after having given it much thought. What were the reasons he selected that name?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Jim raised Tripper. What was his purpose in obtaining this dog? What steps did he go through in raising Tripper for that function? How did Jim accomplish his goal given that Old Wolf was still on hand?
Essay Topic 3
Jim went into a fairly lengthy discussion concerning dewdrops. Explain his views of what dew was. How did he suggest one experimented to show how dew formed? What were different locations he suggested one looked closely at dewdrops and the reasons why?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)