|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diagrams and instructions were provided on how to construct what pair of aids for making one's way across the frozen lakes?
2. Jim ranked his fishing skills from best to worst in what order?
3. Where was it noted the lightning bugs did not fly so much?
4. Some brilliant colors of male birds in June change to what by winter?
5. When shoes began to chafe, what was suggested as a means to prevent the almost certain accompanying blister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
2. What did Jim describe about tent options?
3. How was the game of snow-snakes played?
4. What were the things Jim noted about July?
5. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
6. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
7. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
8. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
9. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
10. How did Jim once evade the danger of the woods on fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim went into a fairly lengthy discussion concerning dewdrops. Explain his views of what dew was. How did he suggest one experimented to show how dew formed? What were different locations he suggested one looked closely at dewdrops and the reasons why?
Essay Topic 2
Jim compared a couple of hammocks. Identify the components to be used and the steps to be followed in the construction of a barrel-stave hammock. How did he compare it with a Brazilian version a friend gave him?
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Jim raised Tripper. What was his purpose in obtaining this dog? What steps did he go through in raising Tripper for that function? How did Jim accomplish his goal given that Old Wolf was still on hand?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)