|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
2. When shoes began to chafe, what was suggested as a means to prevent the almost certain accompanying blister?
3. When he tracked a bear in light snow and saw it wandered here and there, Chief Tibeash said that indicated it had likely done what?
4. Snowshoe rabbits were very alert for owls, foxes, and weasels, but sometimes a sound similar to what marked a rabbit's end?
5. A harness of what type hide was made for Tripper to get him adjusted to pulling a sled by initially pulling a dead spruce piece?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What components did Jim construct a bread knife from? What alternative elements could be substituted? Discuss the steps to be followed in making it.
Essay Topic 2
Jim's' lake had no name when he initially arrived, but he eventually bestowed the name Cache Lake upon it after having given it much thought. What were the reasons he selected that name?
Essay Topic 3
In the first chapter, Jim explained how he stumbled onto Cache Lake after having canoed and portaged between perhaps 1,000 other sites prior. What was it that captured his attention? Why was he determined to return? Elaborate on how various circumstances resulted in his returning so quickly and building his cabin.
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)