|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Jim view patience as a necessary capacity required to live together with the Indians? How did they view time? How were they capable of acting with astonishing speed without rushing around?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
Essay Topic 3
Jim stipulated that canoe paddles varied as people did, and he had recommendations as to how one should be constructed. What requirements did he stipulate regarding the "blank" from which a paddle was to be made? What were dimensions of different paddle types? What tools were used? What were the steps involved? What did Rowlands advise about the care of a paddle?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)