Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
Essay Topic 2
As anyone could get lost, Jim stressed the benefit of a compass. What were means of improvising a compass if one was not available? How were various natural guides used to aid in the determination of direction? What was the guideline Jim recommended before one set out?
Essay Topic 3
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)