Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Essay Topic 1
Jim was proud of making do with what he had at hand, and he frequently constructed things himself. Consider how his book reflected this. What were various examples of when and how he employed this style?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jim elaborate on the clear skies of a northern February night? What did he relate about the moonlight of that month? What were the traditional patterns the stars formed that he discussed? What did he convey about the Indian patterns he liked better?
Essay Topic 3
Jim compared a couple of hammocks. Identify the components to be used and the steps to be followed in the construction of a barrel-stave hammock. How did he compare it with a Brazilian version a friend gave him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)