Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Living in the outdoors, Jim relied heavily on being prepared. What techniques did he follow for being ready to camp in the winter? What equipment did he bring with him? What was he able to obtain at his campsite? What skills made it comfortable and safe to camp in winter snow and cold?
Jim was proud of making do with what he had at hand, and he frequently constructed things himself. Consider how his book reflected this. What were various examples of when and how he employed this style?
Jim went into a fairly lengthy discussion concerning dewdrops. Explain his views of what dew was. How did he suggest one experimented to show how dew formed? What were different locations he suggested one looked closely at dewdrops and the reasons why?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)