|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim, Chief Tibeash, and Hank made their summer trip by canoe to Lake Waweashkashing, which meant what?
2. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
3. Experienced sled dogs were said to work best when fed at what time of day?
4. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
5. When Chief Tibeash planned a trip he would go and look at the grass just before he turned in at night for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
2. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
3. What were recommendations about smoked cheese?
4. What did Jim note about the two young men who visited Hank by canoe?
5. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
6. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
7. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
8. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
9. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
10. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim compared a couple of hammocks. Identify the components to be used and the steps to be followed in the construction of a barrel-stave hammock. How did he compare it with a Brazilian version a friend gave him?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Jim raised Tripper. What was his purpose in obtaining this dog? What steps did he go through in raising Tripper for that function? How did Jim accomplish his goal given that Old Wolf was still on hand?
Essay Topic 3
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)