|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Essay Topic 1
Why was it that Jim found April to be an ideal month to cast animal tracks? What was it he used the casts for? What steps did he follow and materials did he utilize to successfully cast these tracks?
Essay Topic 2
Jim compared a couple of hammocks. Identify the components to be used and the steps to be followed in the construction of a barrel-stave hammock. How did he compare it with a Brazilian version a friend gave him?
Essay Topic 3
Jim preferred a birch bark canoe to a manufactured version. How was he able to make such a canoe? What techniques were necessary to repair and maintain a canoe constructed of birch bark? How was a canoe made from birch bark used in a different manner than a manufactured version?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)