Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
Essay Topic 1
Jim devoted a considerable portion of the book to weather. What was Chief Tibeash's guideline on how the weather was to be monitored? Elaborate on how he explained this. What were a variety of signs Jim stipulated were indicative of different types of weather? What precautions were advised given potential weather conditions?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jim know that the sap had begun? What processes did he, Hank, and Chief Tibeash follow in collecting sap and producing syrup and sugar? How did their ways differ from earlier Indian approaches? What recommendations were offered? What RESPECTIVE quantities of sap did it take to yield a gallon of syrup and a pound of sugar?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)