|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
2. A harness of what type hide was made for Tripper to get him adjusted to pulling a sled by initially pulling a dead spruce piece?
3. What was Chief Tibeash searching for when he tested the water in a stream by periodically sticking his hand in?
4. Jim noted he always took along what item on long canoe trips?
5. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
2. What were the things Jim noted about July?
3. What was it Chief Tibeash explained to Jim about the tracks of a large dog wolf revealed?
4. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
5. What did Jim note about the two young men who visited Hank by canoe?
6. How was the game of snow-snakes played?
7. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
8. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
9. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
10. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
Essay Topic 2
What procedures were described as basics for ice fishing? What minimal equipment was necessary and how was it to be utilized? Once caught, what procedure was related as to how uncooked fish could be frozen?
Essay Topic 3
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)