|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as the best hour a summer day offered?
2. In September, the Indians who had arrived for the summer headed where at this time?
3. When Chief Tibeash planned a trip he would go and look at the grass just before he turned in at night for what reason?
4. What was recommended about magnetizing needles?
5. What did Chief Tibeash refer to deep-water trolling using copper wire 100 yards long and a single pound sinker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
2. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
3. What were the things Jim noted about July?
4. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
5. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
6. What was noted about blisters?
7. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
8. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
9. What were recommendations about smoked cheese?
10. What did Jim describe about tent options?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Jim raised Tripper. What was his purpose in obtaining this dog? What steps did he go through in raising Tripper for that function? How did Jim accomplish his goal given that Old Wolf was still on hand?
Essay Topic 3
What procedures were described as basics for ice fishing? What minimal equipment was necessary and how was it to be utilized? Once caught, what procedure was related as to how uncooked fish could be frozen?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)