|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hank's "ice boat" constructed from that had his canoe sail rigged to it?
2. What was recommended about magnetizing needles?
3. Gabby was what type of bird that remained through the winter instead of flying south?
4. Jim noted the distance from his cabin to Faraway See Hill, where he and Chief Tibeash looked over the fall colors annually, was what?
5. It was suggested that "butterflies seem to dress to suit" what?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Jim view patience as a necessary capacity required to live together with the Indians? How did they view time? How were they capable of acting with astonishing speed without rushing around?
Essay Topic 2
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
Essay Topic 3
Jim went into a fairly lengthy discussion concerning dewdrops. Explain his views of what dew was. How did he suggest one experimented to show how dew formed? What were different locations he suggested one looked closely at dewdrops and the reasons why?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)