Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim stated he one day hoped to glue together thin strips of white holly and dark wood into a block to carve a what?
2. What did the term "cache" mean?
3. Great horned mother owls have nested in late February with the young beneath the mother's wings and covered in what color fuzz?
4. Jim's memories of his grandmother having read to him as a youngster from "Swiss Family Robinson" were always stirred by what?
5. Jim described how he made a bread knife from what type of blade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim recall when he made one visit to Hank's in January?
2. What was one way Chief Tibeash liked to demonstrate how good a woodsman he was to Jim?
3. How did Jim view the stars he saw at night?
4. What did Jim, Hank, and Chief Tibeash decorate outside every Christmas?
5. What was Jim reminded of when May arrived?
6. What did snowshoe lameness result from?
7. What did Jim and Chief Tibeash agree upon regarding food?
8. What took place as the weather began to get warmer in March?
9. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
10. How did Jim take the reader through the change of seasons?
What procedures were described as basics for ice fishing? What minimal equipment was necessary and how was it to be utilized? Once caught, what procedure was related as to how uncooked fish could be frozen?
Why was it that Jim found April to be an ideal month to cast animal tracks? What was it he used the casts for? What steps did he follow and materials did he utilize to successfully cast these tracks?
What components did Jim construct a bread knife from? What alternative elements could be substituted? Discuss the steps to be followed in making it.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)