|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trees in the swamps sheltered the deer and moose during the winter?
2. Jim viewed frogs to be good for what?
3. How many different ways to construct a candle lantern from a can were diagrammed?
4. For sleeping in the open during winter, it was stated there was nothing to equal what kind of a robe?
5. Jim and Hank ventured to the dam located where each spring to determine how the beaver had fared the previous winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place as the weather began to get warmer in March?
2. How did Jim discover Cache Lake?
3. What did snowshoe lameness result from?
4. What were Jim's plans for his garden in April?
5. What did Jim observe about Chief Tibeash's patience?
6. What did Jim recall when he made one visit to Hank's in January?
7. What did Jim describe he did with his canoe in March?
8. What fundamental information did Jim relate about wolves?
9. How did Jim take the reader through the change of seasons?
10. What did Jim observe about the lumberjacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim compared a couple of hammocks. Identify the components to be used and the steps to be followed in the construction of a barrel-stave hammock. How did he compare it with a Brazilian version a friend gave him?
Essay Topic 2
What was a heliograph used for? What steps did Jim detail were to be taken to construct a heliograph from components on hand? In what manner was a heliograph to be utilized?
Essay Topic 3
What components did Jim construct a bread knife from? What alternative elements could be substituted? Discuss the steps to be followed in making it.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)