|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the term used when the early morning mist that hung over the lake was referred to?
2. What trees in the swamps sheltered the deer and moose during the winter?
3. Jim, who favored what particular bird types, together with Hank made specific styles of houses to attract those they liked?
4. The best area for partridge in the Cache Lake country was said to have been around where?
5. In Chapter 5, Jim knew it would not be long after the ice broke up that what would happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the ice in Cache Lake when April arrived?
2. What did Jim describe he did with his canoe in March?
3. What was the relevance of time for Jim at Cache Lake?
4. What did those in Cache Lake Country do to obtain sap in March?
5. What fundamental information did Jim relate about wolves?
6. What was it Jim advised everyone to avoid getting lost?
7. What did Jim begin to think about in February?
8. What was it Jim observed about him and his comrades as they made their way in the March snow around Cache Lake?
9. What sort of month was May for Jim?
10. What story did Jim relate about a lumberjack he identified as Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Jim raised Tripper. What was his purpose in obtaining this dog? What steps did he go through in raising Tripper for that function? How did Jim accomplish his goal given that Old Wolf was still on hand?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it that Jim found April to be an ideal month to cast animal tracks? What was it he used the casts for? What steps did he follow and materials did he utilize to successfully cast these tracks?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)