|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim enjoyed a feeling of danger in which seasonal air?
2. Spring was a good time for casting animal tracks as the wet ground made nice prints, especially when found where?
3. What was the Indian term for partridges?
4. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
5. For sleeping in the open during winter, it was stated there was nothing to equal what kind of a robe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim recall when he made one visit to Hank's in January?
2. How did Jim come to construct his cabin on Cache Lake?
3. What did those in Cache Lake Country do to obtain sap in March?
4. How did Jim discover Cache Lake?
5. What outdoor event untypical for mid-winter did Jim describe?
6. What happened to the ice in Cache Lake when April arrived?
7. What was the relevance of time for Jim at Cache Lake?
8. What did snowshoe lameness result from?
9. What did Jim and Chief Tibeash agree upon regarding food?
10. What did Jim observe about the lumberjacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Living in the outdoors, Jim relied heavily on being prepared. What techniques did he follow for being ready to camp in the winter? What equipment did he bring with him? What was he able to obtain at his campsite? What skills made it comfortable and safe to camp in winter snow and cold?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the bear hunt that Jim went on with Chief Tibeash and two young Indians. What was different in regard to the manner that Chief Tibeash approached the hunt? How did he view the bear and other animals? What was significant regarding the Chief's actions subsequent to killing the bear?
Essay Topic 3
What procedures were described as basics for ice fishing? What minimal equipment was necessary and how was it to be utilized? Once caught, what procedure was related as to how uncooked fish could be frozen?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)