|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The diagram of the trail cooking outfit showed a metal plate, bowl, cup, and pails made from what metal?
2. Jim like a balsam bed when he camped, but suggested one might use what?
(a) A folding cot.
(b) A hammock.
(c) An air mattress.
(d) A feather bed.
3. A pair of canoes were sometimes lashed together how far apart with saplings across the stern and forward thwarts?
(a) A few inches.
(b) A few feet apart.
(c) Approximately five feet apart or more.
(d) Tight together.
4. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
(b) Mr. Beedee.
(c) Chief Tibeash.
5. When shoes began to chafe, what was suggested as a means to prevent the almost certain accompanying blister?
(a) Rub candle wax inside shoe where it chafes.
(b) Rub candle wax on sock where it chafes.
(c) Cover chafing point with a moist green leaf.
(d) Wear a pair of wool socks over a pair of cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hank's "ice boat" constructed from that had his canoe sail rigged to it?
2. It was noted that logging was not what it was 40 years ago when, a time when what were used?
3. June brought with it the first of the Cree families for the summer that came by birch canoe to settle in where?
4. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
5. Jim saw what animals as they escaped not far ahead of a forest fire as it approached a lake he had sought for refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
2. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
3. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
4. How did Jim describe weather signs?
5. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
6. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
7. What did Jim describe about tent options?
8. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
9. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
10. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)