|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was suggested that "butterflies seem to dress to suit" what?
(a) The season.
(b) The time of day.
(c) The amount of sun.
(d) The temperature.
2. It took both patience and time to tame a wild animal, so what was suggested?
(a) Use food to get them accustomed to you.
(b) Get them young and bring them up.
(c) Initially keep them in a pen or cage.
(d) Give them a lot of attention.
3. What was described as the best hour a summer day offered?
4. Instead of the usual runners constructed of split ash, two old skis made of what wood were used for Tripper's sled?
5. It was noted that tree swallows ate what else beyond insects as few other swallows did?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some brilliant colors of male birds in June change to what by winter?
2. Jim related how he once capsized when he canoed about 5 days out from civilization, but he kept his matches dry how?
3. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
4. How much flour was recommended could be substituted per each loaf of bread taken for a week's venture?
5. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
2. How was the game of snow-snakes played?
3. How did Jim once evade the danger of the woods on fire?
4. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
5. What was noted about blisters?
6. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
7. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
8. What were the things Jim noted about July?
9. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
10. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)