|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was said that mosquito netting was too course to keep out what?
(a) Black flies.
2. It was noted that logging was not what it was 40 years ago when, a time when what were used?
(a) Big horses.
3. How much flour was recommended could be substituted per each loaf of bread taken for a week's venture?
(b) 1/4 lbs.
(c) 1/3 lbs.
(d) 1/2 lbs.
4. Teams often left their logging camps around what time, with only the cook and his crew remaining?
(a) Shortly after 3 a.m.
(b) Shortly after sunrise.
(c) Shortly before sunrise.
(d) After breakfast around 8 a.m.
5. What did the beavers store in the mud beneath their ponds as food for the winter?
(a) Full-grown, dry marsh grasses.
(b) Old, sweet woods.
(c) Young, sweet woods.
(d) Fallen, young pine cones..
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim related how he once capsized when he canoed about 5 days out from civilization, but he kept his matches dry how?
2. Gabby was what type of bird that remained through the winter instead of flying south?
3. A pair of canoes were sometimes lashed together how far apart with saplings across the stern and forward thwarts?
4. It was noted that tree swallows ate what else beyond insects as few other swallows did?
5. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
2. How did Jim describe weather signs?
3. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
4. How did Jim once evade the danger of the woods on fire?
5. What was one way Chief Tibeash liked to demonstrate how good a woodsman he was to Jim?
6. How did Jim describe the first time he went alone to try his horn of birch bark to call for moose?
7. What were the things Jim noted about July?
8. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
9. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
10. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)