|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim ranked his fishing skills from best to worst in what order?
(a) Fly-casting, trolling, bait rod.
(b) Bait rod, fly-casting, troling.
(c) Trolling, bait rod, fly-casting.
(d) Trolling, fly-casting, bait rod.
2. It was noted that logging was not what it was 40 years ago when, a time when what were used?
(d) Big horses.
3. Jim, Chief Tibeash, and Hank made their summer trip by canoe to Lake Waweashkashing, which meant what?
(a) "A grassy place in the water."
(b) "Peace beneath the falls."
(c) "A sandy shore all around."
(d) "Mirror of the sky above."
4. What were other terms used to refer to cedar waxwings in Cache Lake country?
(a) Cherry or redwing birds.
(b) Redbreast or cedar birds.
(c) Cedar or cherry birds.
(d) Redwing or redbreast birds.
5. Instead of the usual runners constructed of split ash, two old skis made of what wood were used for Tripper's sled?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was a side of bacon hung in the smokehouse?
2. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
3. When traveling in August, what food was suggested one could rely on obtaining by "living off the land" to supplement rations taken?
4. What was the main rule in a form of football that Indians played with a wood chip initially buried in an area between 2 goal sticks at each end?
5. Jim noted he always took along what item on long canoe trips?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)