|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Snowshoe rabbits were very alert for owls, foxes, and weasels, but sometimes a sound similar to what marked a rabbit's end?
(a) The squeal of a hurt squirrel.
(b) The scream of a hurt child.
(c) The cry of a hurt chicken.
(d) The howl of a small hurt dog.
2. What was recommended about magnetizing needles?
(a) Do small ones north-south, large ones south-north.
(b) Always do all of them in the same direction.
(c) Always magnetize but the direction did not matter.
(d) Do large ones north-south, small ones south-north.
3. It was recommended that any bacon taken was lean for what reason?
(a) Fat bacon was tougher.
(b) Lean bacon was healthier.
(c) Lean bacon kept longer.
(d) Fat bacon left little once fried.
4. Jim, Chief Tibeash, and Hank made their summer trip by canoe to Lake Waweashkashing, which meant what?
(a) "A grassy place in the water."
(b) "A sandy shore all around."
(c) "Peace beneath the falls."
(d) "Mirror of the sky above."
5. It was said that mosquito netting was too course to keep out what?
(c) Black flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gabby was what type of bird that remained through the winter instead of flying south?
2. Jim related how he once capsized when he canoed about 5 days out from civilization, but he kept his matches dry how?
3. What did Hank once make a model of?
4. What did the beavers store in the mud beneath their ponds as food for the winter?
5. November included many gray days with heavy rolling clouds that reminded Chief Tibeash of what animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was noted about blisters?
2. How did Jim once evade the danger of the woods on fire?
3. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
4. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
5. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
6. What were recommendations about smoked cheese?
7. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
8. What did Indians that left their summer lake sites generally take back with them to northern trapping grounds?
9. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
10. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)