|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
(c) Jumping fish.
2. In September, the Indians who had arrived for the summer headed where at this time?
(a) West for caves.
(b) North for trapping grounds.
(c) South for warmer weather.
(d) East for coastal waters.
3. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
4. Teams often left their logging camps around what time, with only the cook and his crew remaining?
(a) After breakfast around 8 a.m.
(b) Shortly after sunrise.
(c) Shortly before sunrise.
(d) Shortly after 3 a.m.
5. Rice was considered an essential ration for what reason?
(a) It mixed well with many foods.
(b) It took little room and was light.
(c) It needed only to be boiled.
(d) It was among the healthiest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was given as the reason there was always something of interest that went on at Cache Lake?
2. What was it Chief Tibeash suggested Hank's ice boat would be suitable for chasing when these animals crossed the lake?
3. A harness of what type hide was made for Tripper to get him adjusted to pulling a sled by initially pulling a dead spruce piece?
4. It was noted that tree swallows ate what else beyond insects as few other swallows did?
5. Jim noted the distance from his cabin to Faraway See Hill, where he and Chief Tibeash looked over the fall colors annually, was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the game of snow-snakes played?
2. What was noted about blisters?
3. What were recommendations about smoked cheese?
4. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
5. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
6. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
7. What was one way Chief Tibeash liked to demonstrate how good a woodsman he was to Jim?
8. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
9. What did Jim describe about tent options?
10. How did Jim describe the first time he went alone to try his horn of birch bark to call for moose?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)