|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hank's "ice boat" constructed from that had his canoe sail rigged to it?
(a) 1 barrel half cut and set lengthwise attached to angle iron rails.
(b) 1 free-standing bathtub set lengthwise to narrow pipe runners.
(c) 2 reversed tree crotch ends lashed on the sides and angle iron runners.
(d) 1 4-foot water trough set lengthwise on old skis.
2. Jim advised that Chief Tibeash instructed him wild animals relied on what 3 senses to protect themselves?
(a) Hearing, sight, and smell.
(b) Sight, smell, and taste.
(c) Sight, smell, and touch.
(d) Hearing, taste, and touch.
3. Some brilliant colors of male birds in June change to what by winter?
(a) They remain the same once they are fully grown.
(b) They become even more intense in splendor.
(c) They do not even appear like the same bird.
(d) They diminish somewhat in their colors.
4. Jim built a pot that made a little fuel go far like one he read about used in what country where a handful of grass cooked a whole pot of stew?
(d) South Africa.
5. Where was it noted the lightning bugs did not fly so much?
(a) Along the shoreline.
(b) Over rocky areas.
(c) Over the open water.
(d) In the open places.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
2. How much flour was recommended could be substituted per each loaf of bread taken for a week's venture?
3. It was recommended that any bacon taken was lean for what reason?
4. A cold room in the ground was built of double board walls separated by 2"x4" uprights, and the space between filled with what substance?
5. What was described as the best hour a summer day offered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
2. What was one way Chief Tibeash liked to demonstrate how good a woodsman he was to Jim?
3. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
4. How did Jim once evade the danger of the woods on fire?
5. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
6. How was the game of snow-snakes played?
7. What did Jim describe about tent options?
8. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
9. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
10. What were recommendations about smoked cheese?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)