Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it to construct a "scrap-pile radio" from odds and ends found around a north woods camp that was diagrammed?
(b) Mr. Beedee.
(c) Chief Tibeash.
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
(a) They took too few.
(b) They were not close enough.
(c) They were too close.
(d) They did not keep sunlight behind them.
5. The kerf of a tree was a reference to what?
(a) The first notch cut on the side it will fall.
(b) The first notch cut opposite of its lean.
(c) The second notch cut on the side it will fall.
(d) The second notch cut opposite of its lean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim noted that Chief Tibeash eyed everything when on the trail and walked as quietly as what animal?
2. Benasee Jewan, the Indian term for September, meant what?
3. It took both patience and time to tame a wild animal, so what was suggested?
4. It was said that mosquito netting was too course to keep out what?
5. When traveling in August, what food was suggested one could rely on obtaining by "living off the land" to supplement rations taken?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)