|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim ranked his fishing skills from best to worst in what order?
(a) Trolling, fly-casting, bait rod.
(b) Trolling, bait rod, fly-casting.
(c) Fly-casting, trolling, bait rod.
(d) Bait rod, fly-casting, troling.
2. What was it Chief Tibeash suggested Hank's ice boat would be suitable for chasing when these animals crossed the lake?
3. Instead of the usual runners constructed of split ash, two old skis made of what wood were used for Tripper's sled?
4. A harness of what type hide was made for Tripper to get him adjusted to pulling a sled by initially pulling a dead spruce piece?
5. Experienced sled dogs were said to work best when fed at what time of day?
(a) The midday.
(b) The end.
(c) The beginning.
(d) Just prior to a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps were shown in how to heft a heavy pack onto one's back?
2. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
3. Diagrams and instructions were provided on how to construct what pair of aids for making one's way across the frozen lakes?
4. A fire piston, which worked on the principle that air got extremely hot when compressed, might reach over how many degrees Fahrenheit?
5. Although hard on the shoulders, how was it suggested paddles might be lashed for portaging a canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim describe about tent options?
2. What were some points Jim noted about photograph blinds?
3. Why did Jim view August as among the best times to travel?
4. What did Jim note about the two young men who visited Hank by canoe?
5. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
6. What did Jim have to say about fishing on the camping trip with Chief Tibeash and Hank?
7. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
8. What did Indians that left their summer lake sites generally take back with them to northern trapping grounds?
9. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
10. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)