|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it Chief Tibeash suggested Hank's ice boat would be suitable for chasing when these animals crossed the lake?
2. How many steps were diagrammed as the procedure for a single individual to shoulder a canoe?
3. Jim saw what animals as they escaped not far ahead of a forest fire as it approached a lake he had sought for refuge?
(a) Dozens of rabbits, deer, skunks, and several bear.
(b) A few rabbits, deer, porcupines, a moose and two bear.
(c) Hundreds of rabbits, deer, snakes, and several bear.
(d) Hundreds of rabbits, deer, porcupines, and two bear.
4. Benasee Jewan, the Indian term for September, meant what?
(a) "The Moon Before Snow Arrives."
(b) "The Leaves Change Color and Fall."
(c) "The Northern Lights Begin to Play."
(d) "The Moon When the Birds Fly Away."
5. Instead of the usual runners constructed of split ash, two old skis made of what wood were used for Tripper's sled?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chief Tibeash planned a trip he would go and look at the grass just before he turned in at night for what reason?
2. Some brilliant colors of male birds in June change to what by winter?
3. Gabby was what type of bird that remained through the winter instead of flying south?
4. Experienced sled dogs were said to work best when fed at what time of day?
5. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim note about a deer mouse in his cabin he viewed as his pet?
2. What was the reason Jim carried needles?
3. What was noted about blisters?
4. What did Indians that left their summer lake sites generally take back with them to northern trapping grounds?
5. What was one way Chief Tibeash liked to demonstrate how good a woodsman he was to Jim?
6. What did Jim describe about tent options?
7. What did Jim note about the two young men who visited Hank by canoe?
8. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
9. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
10. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)