|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much flour was recommended could be substituted per each loaf of bread taken for a week's venture?
(b) 1/4 lbs.
(c) 1/2 lbs.
(d) 1/3 lbs.
2. What was Chief Tibeash searching for when he tested the water in a stream by periodically sticking his hand in?
(a) A sun sparkling pool.
(b) A cool pool.
(c) A murky stream.
(d) A spring hole.
3. Although hard on the shoulders, how was it suggested paddles might be lashed for portaging a canoe?
(a) Centered perpendicular to the sides with handle ends on same side.
(b) Centered crisscross with handle ends on opposite sides.
(c) Parallel to the sides with handle ends in same direction,
(d) Parallel to the sides with handle ends in opposite direction.
4. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
5. Jim noted the distance from his cabin to Faraway See Hill, where he and Chief Tibeash looked over the fall colors annually, was what?
(a) 2 miles straightaway, 5 by trail.
(b) 5 miles straightaway, 8 by trail.
(c) 3 miles straightaway, 6 by trail.
(d) 4 miles straightaway, 7 by trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it Chief Tibeash suggested Hank's ice boat would be suitable for chasing when these animals crossed the lake?
2. What were the woods described as having been like in July?
3. November included many gray days with heavy rolling clouds that reminded Chief Tibeash of what animals?
4. How was a mattress that was ordered from a catalog transported to Cache Lake?
5. An unpleasant smell that sometimes indicated the approach of nasty weather was the rainy, earthy odor noticed prior, especially where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim describe weather signs?
2. Why did Jim observe June to have been a good family month in the woods?
3. How did the Indians construct their stilts?
4. How did Jim describe the first time he went alone to try his horn of birch bark to call for moose?
5. Chief Tibeash would likely get angry if he was called suspicious, but what was one of his beliefs Jim observed?
6. What was it Chief Tibeash explained to Jim about the tracks of a large dog wolf revealed?
7. What was it Jim noted about Hank's black and white pet?
8. What did Jim stipulate was needed in the way of provisions during a camping trip?
9. How did Jim stipulate he went when he traveled?
10. What was noted about blisters?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)