|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim related the story of a man who fed, tamed, and finally broke to harness a calf bull moose that pulled his what?
2. Jim named his new husky pup Tripper for what reasons?
(a) As a pup he tripped about, and tripped anyone near him.
(b) As a pup he tripped about, and later would take many sled trips.
(c) As a pup he tripped his owner, and later would take many sled trips.
(d) As a pup he tripped his owner, and later would take many canoe trips.
(a) Tobacco smoking.
(b) Geologic science.
4. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
(a) Snow Goose Lake.
(b) Thunder Lake.
(c) Shining Tree Lake.
(d) Knothole Lake.
5. What mythological figure was January named after that had two faces so he could look ahead and behind simultaneously?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose did Chief Tibeash fell dead trees when camping?
2. Jim's grandfather, a seafaring man, frequently related that those who ventured out without what in their boats were foolish?
3. Jim noted that he generally cached his small canoe where?
4. What was suggested as one way of getting ahead when one worked through new wood?
5. In Chapter 5, Jim knew it would not be long after the ice broke up that what would happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim discover Cache Lake?
2. What did Jim observe about Chief Tibeash's patience?
3. What story did Jim relate about a lumberjack he identified as Sam?
4. What did those in Cache Lake Country do to obtain sap in March?
5. How did Jim come to construct his cabin on Cache Lake?
6. What was it Jim advised everyone to avoid getting lost?
7. Why was January a time of rest in nature?
8. What observations did Jim provide in regard to camping outdoors in cold weather?
9. What happened after Chief Tibeash told Jim about an Indian who owned some husky pups?
10. What was noted about March regarding animals?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)