|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim stored all his "treasured things" in an old chest that he kept where?
(a) On the covered porch.
(b) Under the steps.
(c) Out in his shed.
(d) Under his bunk.
2. What was the Indian term for partridges?
3. Mal de raquette was another term for what?
(a) Snow ski pain.
(b) Frostbite of the foot.
(c) Sprained ankle.
(d) Snowshoe lameness.
4. What type of rivets did Hank use when he made a new sheath for his hunting knife?
(b) Aircraft aluminum.
(c) Stainless steel.
5. When the sap was running freely, how many gallons were obtained per day from a good tree?
(a) Up to 1.
(b) 2 to 3.
(c) 3 to 4.
(d) 1 to 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it recommended to leave one's rifle outside the camp in freezing weather instead of bringing it in where it was warm?
2. What was the term used when the early morning mist that hung over the lake was referred to?
3. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
4. Cree Indians viewed the Big Dipper (part of Ursa Major) as the Great Bear constellation, and the three stars in the handle as what?
5. Jim, who favored what particular bird types, together with Hank made specific styles of houses to attract those they liked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did those in Cache Lake Country do to obtain sap in March?
2. What was noted about March regarding animals?
3. How did Jim come to construct his cabin on Cache Lake?
4. How was Chief Tibeash identified as the headman of his tribe?
5. What was it Jim advised everyone to avoid getting lost?
6. What did Jim describe he did with his canoe in March?
7. What did Jim observe about Chief Tibeash's patience?
8. What were Jim's plans for his garden in April?
9. What was it Jim observed about him and his comrades as they made their way in the March snow around Cache Lake?
10. What was Jim reminded of when May arrived?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)