|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The millions of birds that traveled faced a big problem in keeping fed, and accounts for why most stayed where relative to the front tide line?
2. Jim made bait rods for fishing from what in February?
(a) Spruce pine sapplings.
(b) Old rifle cleaning rods.
(c) Old fencing foils.
(d) Collapsible automobile radio antenas.
3. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
(a) Indians did not leave forwarding addresses.
(b) The north country was a sparsely populated area.
(c) The north country was very rugged and heavily wooded.
(d) Chief Tibeash had moved away for a time.
4. What was suggested as the first step to dry moccasins?
(a) Scrape out the moisture.
(b) Place them near the stove.
(c) Stuff them with bent birch twigs.
(d) Rub them with moose fat.
5. What board that was free of knots and had a straight grain was said to have been the right stock to make a light paddle from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was suggested as one way of getting ahead when one worked through new wood?
2. Jim, who favored what particular bird types, together with Hank made specific styles of houses to attract those they liked?
3. The man who tamed the moose to pull him around came into town on Saturday nights and tied up, then smoked what as people stared?
4. Jim named his new husky pup Tripper for what reasons?
5. What was the Indian term for partridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jim reminded of when May arrived?
2. What did Jim relate about the bear hunt he went on with Chief Tibeash in March?
3. What observations did Jim provide in regard to camping outdoors in cold weather?
4. What fundamental information did Jim relate about wolves?
5. How did Jim come to construct his cabin on Cache Lake?
6. What did Jim discuss related to the canoe trip he and his comrades planned?
7. How was Chief Tibeash identified as the headman of his tribe?
8. What were Jim's plans for his garden in April?
9. What did snowshoe lameness result from?
10. What did the geologist who visited Jim after two years explain to him?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)