|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim constructed new furniture during the rainy season in April and provided a diagram to show how he built what?
(a) An ash bookcase.
(b) An oak and woven cane chair.
(c) A birch and pine swing seat.
(d) A split-log table and bench.
2. In April, in the marshy area near the spring, the initial purple and green hoods of what plant would show?
(b) Skunk cabbages.
3. The partridges were said to make a thumping sound that escalated increasingly from a slow drumming to a strange noise similar to what?
(a) A rolling beat.
(b) A snapping.
(c) An applause.
(d) A crackling.
4. Jim stored all his "treasured things" in an old chest that he kept where?
(a) Under his bunk.
(b) On the covered porch.
(c) Out in his shed.
(d) Under the steps.
5. In Chapter 5, Jim knew it would not be long after the ice broke up that what would happen?
(a) Lily pads would sprout.
(b) The ducks would return.
(c) The geese would return.
(d) Beavers would begin working.
Short Answer Questions
1. The millions of birds that traveled faced a big problem in keeping fed, and accounts for why most stayed where relative to the front tide line?
2. If one did not have a compass, what was suggested one could use?
3. What birds were seen as they first flew up and struck weed tops, and then settled and fed on seeds that fell in the snow?
4. For what purpose did Chief Tibeash fell dead trees when camping?
5. What mythological figure was January named after that had two faces so he could look ahead and behind simultaneously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jim discuss related to the canoe trip he and his comrades planned?
2. What did Jim recall when he made one visit to Hank's in January?
3. What fundamental information did Jim relate about wolves?
4. What did Jim observe about the lumberjacks?
5. What was the relevance of time for Jim at Cache Lake?
6. What story did Jim relate about a lumberjack he identified as Sam?
7. What happened after Chief Tibeash told Jim about an Indian who owned some husky pups?
8. What were Jim's plans for his garden in April?
9. What was Jim reminded of when May arrived?
10. What sort of month was May for Jim?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)