|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the little wooden pipes used to tap sugar maples for sap called?
2. What was related to have been some of the fun when ice fishing?
(a) Playing a harmonica while sitting and fishing.
(b) Cutting an ice hole likely to yield fish.
(c) Locating a place to promptly cook the catch.
(d) Fishing near a buddy and trading tales.
3. Indians in the north country believed what had a spirit?
(b) Every mammal and many trees.
(c) Every mammal, bird, and fish.
(d) Every living thing.
4. How many different ways to construct a candle lantern from a can were diagrammed?
5. Spring was a good time for casting animal tracks as the wet ground made nice prints, especially when found where?
(a) In sand.
(b) In clay.
(c) In loose soil.
(d) In mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim's memories of his grandmother having read to him as a youngster from "Swiss Family Robinson" were always stirred by what?
2. Jim chose what site on Cache Lake for his cabin?
3. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
4. Jim recalled one Thanksgiving he shared with Chief Tibeash and Hank where what was the only thing wrong?
5. How many northern lakes had author John J. "Jim" Rowlands said he had seen when he happened upon Cache Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim take the reader through the change of seasons?
2. What was noted about birds that wintered in the north woods?
3. What happened after Chief Tibeash told Jim about an Indian who owned some husky pups?
4. How was Chief Tibeash identified as the headman of his tribe?
5. How did Jim discover Cache Lake?
6. What did Jim note about the two young men who visited Hank by canoe?
7. What did Jim note about their canoes as the men's camping trip approached?
8. What was the relevance of time for Jim at Cache Lake?
9. What did Jim observe about Chief Tibeash's patience?
10. What did Jim and Chief Tibeash agree upon regarding food?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)